• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

There is a thread for this in the Griffins forum, but since no-one goes there, and no-one has seemingly seen it, I hope the mods allow this thread to remain.

The Griffins did an HBO 24/7  style "behind the benches" series of videos for each round of their playoff run, which are frankly amazing.  The production values are incredible and they offer a fascinating insight.  The links are for the 2 videos from the finals, but all the previous rounds are linked beneath the videos.

Several things spring to mind watching them.

Blashill is mini-Babcock.  Very cool and proffesional.

Ferraro has a mouth and an agitating style to match Maltby, and drops the gloves to boot.

Tatar is a VERY confident individual, borderline arrogance and I can see why he rubs some Wings fans the wrong way.  He's going to really wind the opposition up.

The importance of the veterans on that team.  Some round here would I think like every player on the Griffins to be under-21, but its clear guys like Hoggan and Grant were hugely important on and off the ice.

Best line of the series - Triston Grant on being complimented on his playoff beard "Thanks, I have my mothers genes" :lol:

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

I've been watching em as they were released, and I completely agree that they've been awesome. Landon gets chirped quite a few times throughout the series but has some decent yapps back. Tatar is just young and full of himself, but that's good for goal scorers. If you're out there to score goals, you need all of the confidence in the world, with a side of ego. I believe they plan on releasing these on DVD also.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

I didn't know about these.  Watched a little bit of them and will definitely be watching them later when I have more time.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#4 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

LOL was that Ozgood taking the last cup of coffee?!

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#5 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

awesome video.

gotta love blash, hes the kind of guy you want coaching your prosepcts.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#6 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Threads like this are Gems.  It is the reason I come back to LGW and put up with the 48 pages of BS in the 50 page Brunner Contract thread.

Thanks a ton.

#7 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Tatar is just young and full of himself, but that's good for goal scorers. If you're out there to score goals, you need all of the confidence in the world, with a side of ego.

Yeah, I like it too.  All that attitude never did Brett Hull any harm.  Well, apart from that one time in Dallas... :lol:

22 years old and already a leader on and off the ice - it was interesting to note how he was one of the most vocal players in the locker room, and not just the usual cliches either.  When he said "don't just rim the puck round the boards, hang onto it and make a play" you could tell he meant it.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#8 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Blashill is mini-Babcock.

If you look away from the screen when he is talking, you would swear that it actually was Babcock, lol.  Their voice sounds almost identical.

#9 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

These are a treat to watch. Great to see that it is a well run organization and how focused the guys are on winning.

Posted Image

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

These are great! :thumbup:

Blashill is an intensely likeable coach.

Tatar = Clutch

Don't Toews me, bro!