• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hard to believe it has been two years since the crash.  Thoughts are with everyone left behind today.

I hope we never have to see a hockey funeral again.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#2 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

In TSN's top hockey stories of the 2011-2012 season, they ranked the deaths of Lokomotiv, alongside those of the three NHL players who had died from various causes earlier in the summer, at #2... behind Crosby's concussion.

Many angry words were uttered.

#3 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

I was as vocal a critic of Brad McCrimmon as any here on the boards, but was so excited to see him get his own coaching opportunity in the KHL. How tragic that he lost his life so quickly into that opportunity.

Such a sad day. The hockey world still is saddened by it.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#4 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

I would take back every word I said about our power play under Beast to have him back and alive. 

For some reason Salei's death hit me harder than any other hockey death that summer despite my having been a fan of Boogaard, who died shortly before him.

May their families and friends find peace.

#5 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

Link to pix of the memorial:

http://news.sportbox...tent&imgDelta=6

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#6 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

I wish I would have had the chance to say one last "thank you" to Brad McCrimmon for a favor he did for me the last year he was here.  I am still grateful for it, and I hope he knows how wonderful his little deed was.  I send you a red carnation in my thoughts every day...I will remember you.

Posted Image

#7 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Our team Medvešćak Zagreb played against CSKA Moscow here in Croatia a couple of days ago and the plane with CSKA team landed somewhere in SW Russia ans stayed over night due technical issues.

I mean the rich owners are gonna pay crazy money to the likes of Kovalchuk and co. and save on the planes...wtf

...and the most scared fact...Fedorov was on that plane(as the CSKA's GM) :scared:

#8 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

In TSN's top hockey stories of the 2011-2012 season, they ranked the deaths of Lokomotiv, alongside those of the three NHL players who had died from various causes earlier in the summer, at #2... behind Crosby's concussion.

Many angry words were uttered.

See, now these are the types of things that make me like Crosby less.

NOT HIS FAULT, I get that, but when he is being thrown down my throat as the top Hockey story all the time, whether or not coffee gives him the runs, or is he allergic to poison ivy (Exaggerations I know) take precedent over legit stories.

I just can't help but be annoyed and tired of hearing his name!

I think 85% of the hate he gets would never had started had the league not rammed him down our collective throats.

The summer of 11-12 was a devastating one for the Hockey World, I hope nothing of the like happens ever again.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#9 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

I have a pee rock in my yard with Crosby's name on it for my dog and SMILE every time he uses it. :lol:

#10 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

See, now these are the types of things that make me like Crosby less.

NOT HIS FAULT, I get that, but when he is being thrown down my throat as the top Hockey story all the time, whether or not coffee gives him the runs, or is he allergic to poison ivy (Exaggerations I know) take precedent over legit stories.

I just can't help but be annoyed and tired of hearing his name!

I think 85% of the hate he gets would never had started had the league not rammed him down our collective throats.

The summer of 11-12 was a devastating one for the Hockey World, I hope nothing of the like happens ever again.

Amen,  but you're shooting a little low on the percentage.  Try 99.999%

Edited by Kira, 09 September 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Posted Image

#11 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:16 PM