• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MTU_Huskies963

WinterFest/ Winter classic Final thoughts

Rate this topic

John Shannon was part of "Prime Time Sports" on Sportsnet 590 The Fan today and suggested that the League should consider having a Winter Classic game at Michigan Stadium every five years.

Toronto media can't stop talking about how great the event was. They also said the two franchises histories helped hype the event, and that the top markets in both countries got to face off.

What an amazing game/atmosphere. I couldn't stop smiling the whole game. It was amazing. I was row six section 1 right next to the tunnel on the Leafs side and it was absolutely awesome. The view of the rink wasn't the greatest but I got to high five and talk to many people who are "celebs" in the hockey community. The end sucks, and i've had one person try to ruin the event for me by rubbing it it, but it was so amazing that no one can take away how awesome the game was.

I didn't have any problems with the bathroom. I went up once and it was a pretty long line, but I was in and out in less than five minutes. I also was in the Leafs section and the fans around me were great. I talked to the guys behind me (Leafs fans) for the whole game and had a good time. Only had one Leafs fan try talkin smack on the walk out of the stadium but many Wings fans were there to point out the Leafs "recent" Cup woes haha.

1515003_10201475112540749_2127961833_n.j

(panorama from my seat)

1535687_10201476042844006_1370435582_n.j

1520604_10201476039603925_859685978_n.jp

(Getting a high five from Don Cherry)

1544412_10151819909700965_911732248_n.jp

I only did the WC game and it was awesome. I was on the Leaf side, but the fans were amazing! even the heavily drunk Canadian in front of me. He was having a good time.

anybody know were to find some wallpaper worthy shots of the full Big House?

I would think there would be a ton of great high resolution pictures, but surprisingly they are hard to find. These aren't up to my standard for wallpaper, but I love the colors in these photos.

SUO4eqp.jpg

3UPy5Fz.gif

Here is a picture I took from my seat. Not bad for a cell phone.

Qr8pV7a.jpg