• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

Thefourthperiod.com listed the wings as one of 3 teams interested in parenteau .... God only knows why , I think it would be a huge mistake .... If anything they should maybe pursue detroit native legwand instead (fourth period also reporting he might get dealt)

Might fit well on the 2nd line with his size ... Anyways no to parenteau for me

#2 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

I'd take Parenteau over Legwand any day.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#3 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Link? The only thing on TFP regarding Parenteau is a dead link....

Also this probably belongs in the Trade Rumours forum.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#4 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

I don't see it.  He's basically another Weiss, only not as good in his own end.  He's not a bad player,  but not what they need.  Legwand isn't really it either.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#5 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

I read elsewhere Montreal turned down a Parenteau for Bourque trade.

If I was Montreal, I would have taken that.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#6 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

No to both

#7 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

Link? The only thing on TFP regarding Parenteau is a dead link....

Also this probably belongs in the Trade Rumours forum.

Ya didn't wanna work .... Click on the rumors topic on top then click on read more where parenteau is mentioned and it then lists redwings Ottawa and montreal as teams interested

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 27 January 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#8 PierreC

PierreC

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

its the other way around. Its Colorado who turned down that deal...with good reason. Bourque is lazy, the Habs just want to get rid of him.

Id love to see Parenteau with the Wings, but i don't know why Colorado want to trade him. Why should they make any trade the way they are going right now ? 

#9 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

I read elsewhere Montreal turned down a Parenteau for Bourque trade.

If I was Montreal, I would have taken that.

http://prohockeytalk...r-rene-bourque/

^yup.

also says they might want a D-man for P.A..... quincy back to the avs? :ninja:

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#10 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

http://prohockeytalk...r-rene-bourque/

^yup.

also says they might want a D-man for P.A..... quincy back to the avs? :ninja:

That would work salary cap wise if you want to go with 6 D.  He's not coming here, Wings don't need that kind of player.   They either need a D upgrade (shipping Quincey or Kindl out) or a scoring winger with some size.  Parentau is neither.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#11 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

That would work salary cap wise if you want to go with 6 D.  He's not coming here, Wings don't need that kind of player.   They either need a D upgrade (shipping Quincey or Kindl out) or a scoring winger with some size.  Parentau is neither.

Agreed. I do wonder why we're "one of three teams interested" though..

Although I haven't actually seen that anywhere

Datsyukian

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#12 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

If we can get him, yes do it. PA is a very good player. he is gritty, scores, and is RHed. yes it would be nicer if he was 6-2/210 like say..... Ryan, but he would help. he would be a better option at RW with Z and Datsyuk than Abby is. Last uear he was the top scoring UGA that signed in the summer of 2012. he had more points than Parise for half the money. His last 3 completed seasons he scored 20, 18, and 18 goals.

#13 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

wonder if quincy + andersson gets it done..?

sure it sounds like we're just getting rid of a bad d man but ya never know.. he did have a lot more success there than here.

and andy is a solid bottom 6 center. maybe sweeten the deal a little with a low pick?

Datsyukian

adjective

#14 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Just a reference. PA is 6-0/195 RHed and 30 years old. last 3 seasons he scored 20, 18, and 18 in goals, and played all but 1 game in those 3 years. he makes 4 million per season.

Ryan Callahan: 5-11/190 RHed 28 years old and will soon be making 7 million per year. Over the last 3 seasons he has scored: 23, 29, 16 goals. he has also missed 21 games.

yes Callahan is considered to be a great player. But is he worth 3 million more per season? No. PA is a very good and cap friendly option vs Callahan.