No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Wings to inquire about Vanek?

Rate this topic

https://twitter.com/ChrisBottaNHL/status/429455443828944896

Chris Botta
‏@ChrisBottaNHL
Expect the Red Wings to inquire about Thomas Vanek from the Isles as a rental.

Chris Botta
@ChrisBottaNHL
NHL/soccer biz writer for @sbjsbd. NY Times sports writer. SNY NHL insider. Founder of Islanders Point Blank. Former 20-year PR exec with NYI. Husband. Dad.

Long Island, New York · sportsbusinessjournal.com

Pass. I agree with what has been repeated in other threads. This guy intends on testing the FA market at the end of the season. No way would I give up any player that is important to our future (Gus, Tatar, Jurco, Mantha, Dekeyser, etc.) for some guy that's just going to bolt as soon as some morons throw a $8M/year contract at him.

Considering he played for the Golden Gophers, has family there and Heatley's 7.5 million is coming off the books next season, I'd say it's a pretty good chance that he signs in Minnesota next season. No reason to risk moving assets for a guy who seems to be heading somewhere else.

meh, parise has been under performing since signing that huge deal, he was always a bit overrated anyways. Koivu is no sauperstar but hes good enough coyle i know nothing about, but judging by his stats isn't anything special, Granland same deal, more assists, Pominville is still pretty good

meh, parise has been under performing since signing that huge deal, he was always a bit overrated anyways. Koivu is no sauperstar but hes good enough coyle i know nothing about, but judging by his stats isn't anything special, Granland same deal, more assists, Pominville is still pretty good

Forgot neidereitter as well

If Vanek went to Minnesota they'd have a darn good top 6

Parise - Koivu - Vanek

Coyle - Granlund - Pominville

Yet somehow, with all the great players they have, they'll still manage to mess up their season, because, well that's what Minnesota teams do :lol:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140204/SPORTS0103/302040120

“I don’t envision us trading away players who could be part of our future,” general manager Ken Holland said. “Those are the players other teams will be asking about.” Hopefully so!

I really don`t get all these trade rumours concerning Gaborik or Vanek..it`s like some sportswriters just sit at their desks, bored, with nothing to write about, because seriously, is there a sane GM in the NHL that would brag about a trade in the making before it`s done, ignoring the chance that someone decides to trump his offer? And then they just make stuff like this up, without even thinking about the cap crunch of the teams involved..