Evgeny Kuznetsov

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 42 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

I know that im not the only person that thinks Kuznetsov is a very intresting player, so why don't start a thread?

Kuznetsov has FINNALY arrived to the NHL and the Capitals after almost 4 looong years. 
He has done great in the WJC, and his KHL stats are similar to what Ovis and Bures stats where at the same age.

So? Did anyone watch the Pens/Caps game last night? How did he play? Will he be a established NHL player or will he return to the KHL in a few years?

His had 2 shots on goal and was +/- 0 after seeing about 10 minutes of ice time. He also got to see some time on the powerplay.

And also, can you compare him to some active or former NHL player?

Edited by Marxx71, 11 March 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#2 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

he got 4th line time. They're easing him in. Hard to say anything about him yet. When he gets his shot at centering Ovi then we'll know.

#3 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 42 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

he got 4th line time. They're easing him in. Hard to say anything about him yet. When he gets his shot at centering Ovi then we'll know.

Thinks he's better as a right wing. He has played about 50% of his carrer as a RW and 25% as a Center and LW. I doubt he will take Bäckströms spot.

#4 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Thinks he's better as a right wing. He has played about 50% of his carrer as a RW and 25% as a Center and LW. I doubt he will take Bäckströms spot.

Agreed, I meant more along the lines of when he's playing the top 6 with actual talent we'll know

#5 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

If they are going to give him 4th line minutes they are not getting the best of Kuzia. He is the best when he is a real part of the team. Knowing Oates, Kuznetsov will be available for the right price soon. I would trade Mantha+ for him.

PS I followed his career closely. When something goes wrong, when game is on the line, when you are loosing the most important game of the season you put Kuznetsov on the ice. He usually find a way to score.

Edited by RusDRW, 11 March 2014 - 03:38 PM.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#6 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

nice, i feel like ive been waiting on this dude for forever. i must watch a caps game now

#7 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

If they are going to give him 4th line minutes they are not getting the best of Kuzia. He is the best when he is a real part of the team. Knowing Oates, Kuznetsov will be available for the right price soon. I would trade Mantha+ for him.

PS I followed his career closely. When something goes wrong, when game is on the line, when you are loosing the most important game of the season you put Kuznetsov on the ice. He usually find a way to score.

I'm sure the long term plan isn't to have him on the 4th line. They are just keeping the pressure off him and also avoiding relying too heavily on a rookie without disrupting team dynamics in the middle of a playoff push. He will work up the lineup soon.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#8 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 42 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

15 minutes -0 3 shots on goal. 11/3

#9 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 42 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

Some reading http://bleacherrepor...ington-capitals

#10 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 42 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:08 AM

10 minutes of icetime and three helpers! Watched the game last night, and he had a really great pass to Tom Wilson! He was selected to the first star of the game!