21 replies to this topic

#1 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Who's getting this game right away? I am getting it for X-box One and PS4, but what I did just find out is there will be no EASHL on the new gens. This really bums me out actually..

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#2 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

i am buying it for XB1 http://www.ign.com/v...5-gamescom-2014  I will be adusting the settings to increase the game speed alot.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!, 16 August 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#3 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

Sales are going to drop since GM Connected and EASHL won't be on the XB1 or PS4, EA has confirmed it.

#4 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

I was originally going to purchase an Xbox One and NHL 15 the same day, with the news that there will be no EASHL, I won't be purchasing NHL 15 this year at all. 

I run a team for an organized EASHL league, and it's about the only mode I play. With the announcement that it will not be in 15 on next gen consoles, I really don't have much reason anymore to buy it, and i'm pretty annoyed to be honest. 

The league I am in may do NHL 15 on the 360 next season because it will still contain EASHL, and i'm still deciding if I will pick it up because I know how minimal the differences will be compared to NHL 14 and I don't know if I want to support EA for another $60 this year after this decision. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#5 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

Guess I'll hold off getting an One for another year...

#6 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

Im in the same boat...

Was waiting on gettng the Xbox one for when NHL came out but now with the removal of EASHL I guess I'll just be buying UFC or NBA 2k..

Its actually so frustrating, classic EA to remove the best game mode so they can likely advertise it next year as a grand return for marketing. Its not a surprise that the biggest money grab in HUT is going nowhere... 

Been getting this game on pre order since 06 and this will be the first year I bail out

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#7 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

Oh but of course their cash cow HUT will still be there, so they can have their $20 player card pack deals and bank on those every week. 

EA has proven time and time again that money is top priority. 

I've been playing versus since Sega Genesis hockey games. For me it's run it's course, that's why I loved EASHL so much because it was an entirely different way to play the game. With full human control, there is no "glitching" or exploiting the AI goaltender all game with short side high corner goals that go in 100% of the time if you shoot from the right area of the ice. With the human element there, 6 human players versus 6 human players, it's true competition and team work to succeed and win games. 

NHL 13 and 14 combined, I had about 2,700 EASHL games played, got my Legend 3 card within the first 6 weeks of the games release and played it around 5 times a week. Now I gotta find something new to binge out on when i'm bored at night and looking to game.

#8 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:46 PM

I know a couple others that won't be getting NHL 15 at all either beacuse of EASHL. Hopefully there is a lot that won't be buying it and show EA how ridiculous this is. I will still get it though, if you looked at my collection of games you would see why. It's only NHL, Madden, and COD.

#9 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Played the demo tonight and must say i am ready for it. Missing some major online modes but, i just need me some hockey and the game looks and feels great.

#10 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

Picking this up at midnight and not working, going to be grinding all day long! :)

#11 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

i can't draft players and watch them devolope in the minors...? that blows!!!   http://www.polygon.c...es-xbox-one-ps4

#12 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

People are upset about the missing game modes.  I could care less because the only thing I play is online versus.  The demo was pretty solid, not too sure I like the dynamic camera (which I'm sure you can turn off) but the physics seem like they are pretty solid and the gameplay is good so far.  I can't wait to get home.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#13 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,300 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

just picked it up for ps4 (bought the ps4 for the "upgraded" nhl *sigh*) and was rather disappointed when i found how much they removed/downgraded, if i hadn't pre-ordered it and bought a ps4, i wouldn't have bought it...

#14 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

Don't buy it. 

Felt bad even purchasing it because I knew it was going to be a flop, and it is.

Don't even want to elaborate, lol

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#15 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,300 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

Don't buy it. 

Felt bad even purchasing it because I knew it was going to be a flop, and it is.

Don't even want to elaborate, lol

agreed, i feel like the whole game aside from graphics took a huge step back. and having to listen to eddie and doc every game i play just angers me further. on a side note i hate how every time you touch a player or get touched it is some bone crushing check

#16 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

I think this is literally the worst year for NHL gaming since the release of NHL Faceoff on the original Playstation. It's definitely the worst two version of the game in the last 8 years or so, EA is going to take a major hit for this one, fans are fuming, the reviews have been pretty awful. I for one am disappointed with their transition this year, especially with it being a new generation of consoles and they decided to eliminate 80% of the content, features, and game modes.

#17 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

Literally the only positive is the graphics. The AI is still terrible, and the stick handling has become more robotic/automatic and just doesn't feel creative.

The only mode that offers any replay value in HUT has become harder to maintain with bad menus as well. You'd think only having one mode they would atleast put some added effort into it.

Goals look 100X better at first, but like every other NHL game they become repetetive

wingsalltheway.jpg

#18 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

For the most part, I like the gameplay.  I also only play online versus, so I didn't lose my game mode(s).  However, I'm started to agree more with the watered-down-crowd.  They seem to have skipped the details in this game, something as simple as replays of goals after games.  Now if I want to see a goal I scored, I have to watch the replay right after it happens otherwise I can't.  I used to be able to skip (so my opponent doesn't rage quit) and watch them later.  I had 3 breakaway goals last night and didn't get to watch any of them.

The hitting is also driving me crazy.  It's too easy to hit and every hit seems catastrophic.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#19 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

The annual glitches started coming out  for me today. Some guy kept firing clappers from the corner and they went in about 25% of the time. Give it enough time and everyone will be doing them once they  catch on. 

wingsalltheway.jpg

#20 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

The annual glitches started coming out  for me today. Some guy kept firing clappers from the corner and they went in about 25% of the time. Give it enough time and everyone will be doing them once they  catch on. 

This was an issue in NHL 14 also, if you skate up the ice and through the circles going at a wide and bad angle, and release a slapshot between the bottom of the circle and the goalie line aiming high short side it will go in 90% of the time if executed properly. My friend has shown me a video of a guy he played against in HUT that went 5 for 6 attempting this shot from the same spot in the same game. 

It is also insanely easy to score on the one timer if you aim your shot at the direction the pass came from, the goalie always over-commits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users