• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

S'matter Yzerman, afraid of the jersey you wore for so long?

Rate this topic

Meh. I think half the forum could care less if he leaves at this point. That wouldn't be a shock or a devastation.

And if Smith left it would be?

How about Jeff Blashill, now THAT would be a heal turn. How many times have you seen someone turn heal because they're sick of living in someone else's shadow? No more playing second fiddle for Blash.

For the third time, I never said Yzerman created this policy. What I said was if this policy was NOT created by the owner or team president, I'm sure with his standing in the organization, Yzerman would have veto power.

Also, if my argument was that Yzerman created it (which is wasn't), telling me that Tony from the Lightning told you otherwise is NOT proof LOL!

I found out where the policy came from. Whether or not you want to remain ignorant, that's on you. Feel free to split hairs to make yourself feel better but your stupid strawman is moot. A team GM has no veto power, be it Steve Yzerman or whoever...

What makes you think a general manager would have veto power over a teams ticket sales?

Because OMG it's Steve YZERMAN and they are playing the WINGS!!! It means EVERYTHING - even denying logic, reason and how teams actually function!

I found out where the policy came from. Whether or not you want to remain ignorant, that's on you. Feel free to split hairs to make yourself feel better but your stupid strawman is moot. A team GM has no veto power, be it Steve Yzerman or whoever...

Because OMG it's Steve YZERMAN and they are playing the WINGS!!! It means EVERYTHING - even denying logic, reason and how teams actually function!

Lets keep this mature.

I think Yzerman would have veto power, you dont. Okay, enough said.......I dont see the point in discussing this further.

To call me ignorant because I dont consider you calling the Tampa Bay Lightning over the phone and talking to Tony proof, then so be it. But I would guess 99% of the people on this board would not consider that proof either. To me proof would be a media release, or a quote from someone in power in the organization. Also, what does this prove anyways, I never disputed where the policy came from. You are creating an argument with me that I didn't make.

I'm sure your going to reply to this with some more insults, truthfully I just don't care enough about something as silly as this to keep going back and forth with you.

What makes you think a general manager would have veto power over a teams ticket sales?

I think that every organization has people that have power. When these people that have power feel very strongly about something, they typically have the influence to change things. In the TB organization, I feel that Yzerman has that kind of power based on what he has done for the team, and yes his name. I said multiple times, if this policy came from the owner or president, then I don't think Yzerman could change anything. I just believe that if some random person in marketing came up with this, and it pissed Yzerman off, he could probably veto it. Here is the issue, there is no way to prove me right, or wrong. I admit, this is my opinion.

I work in business, my role for the company I run is "general manager". There are certain things that do not fall under my job responsibilities that sometimes I do get involved in. There are also things that have nothing to do with me, that if I feel strongly about, I do have the influence on ownership to change.

I fully admit I dont know Yzerman personally, I dont know anyone in the TB front office personally and I could be wrong. But, I do feel that Yzerman would have influence. I dont know why this is working some people up so much (not you robo turner).

I'm done on this topic.

So, now that game one of this policy is in the books, how many red & white jerseys were in the stands? Could anyone tell a difference now that out-of-staters (technically) couldn't buy tickets?

I would agree, hard to say without seeing outside the cameras. I feel there was a good in upper levels.

Tampa definitely didn't achieve what they wanted. Lots of fans didn't come dressed in blue and white like they hoped. Even some Lightening fans wore other colors. I felt like the Wings where nicely represented though, which was nice to see.