• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

S'matter Yzerman, afraid of the jersey you wore for so long?

Rate this topic

I have absolutely no problem with any of it. Restricting ticket sales to local area is nothing new and it makes total sense. If you can sell all your tickets to locals, more power to you, why would you want it open to anyone.

In terms of the logo issue, it's not like they are banning other logos from the building, only an exclusive club within the building....again, that just makes sense and if you don't like it, it really is the proprietor's decision, there would be no grounds to call discrimination, etc. In fact, I'm pretty sure a corner store owner can choose not to sell to someone for any reason they want (not that this is the same scenario)

I have absolutely no problem with any of it. Restricting ticket sales to local area is nothing new and it makes total sense. If you can sell all your tickets to locals, more power to you, why would you want it open to anyone.

In terms of the logo issue, it's not like they are banning other logos from the building, only an exclusive club within the building....again, that just makes sense and if you don't like it, it really is the proprietor's decision, there would be no grounds to call discrimination, etc. In fact, I'm pretty sure a corner store owner can choose not to sell to someone for any reason they want (not that this is the same scenario)

Illegal? No, Moronic? Yes there will still be plenty of Lightening fans in the building, who gives a s*** if there are Wings fans there as well. It's not like Wings fans carry a plague, or riot like Canucks fans.

If this is in reference to me, I didn't say anything negative about Yzerman. I just think if he was strongly against this policy, it wouldn't be happening, that's not praising or criticizing him. To be honest, I'm indifferent about this. I'm not for it, but I'm not really against it.

Not just you but you are 100% incorrect. The Team GM doesn't set ticket policy and either has no say or is only told for informational purposes. Tampa has a Team President for a reason as well as a very active owner.

This is not unusual either - I know for a fact Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philly and Carolina have all done this in the recent past (meaning the last 10 years)....

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

I mean, I think this is goofy. But at the same time, I'm for it. Lets start up a rivalry with these puds. They're like a cut rate version of the Red Wings anyway, plus they've got Stevie. Why not let antagonisms go? I'd love it if we had a team to hate again. And they sure don't seem to mind stirring the pot.

I mean, I think this is goofy. But at the same time, I'm for it. Lets start up a rivalry with these puds. They're like a cut rate version of the Red Wings anyway, plus they've got Stevie. Why not let antagonisms go? I'd love it if we had a team to hate again. And they sure don't seem to mind stirring the pot.

Sounds good half there fans are deep down Wings fans

it isn't just the lounge that's restricted. Since I live about 6 hours from Tampa, and there just happens to be a crew from Tampa doing an install where I work, and one of the guys used to work here, I might could get a ride down and back this weekend and make Saturdays game. So I pop over to tampa site to check out Amelia Arena, and lo and behold when you mouse over seating, all seats by glass say the visiting team dress code is in effect or something to that nature. They don't want opposition jerseys being seen on tv I guess.

But I decided not to go, other things going on but also I am just so disappointed in how the team shaped up this year especially here at the end. Getting in on the next to last game instead of the last game isn't much of an improvement imo. I have probably broke 2000 dollars worth of tvs, went to games and bought hockey packages and hotels and travelled hours to see them, and I feel like fans are getting shortchanged by sports millionaires who don't perform but it's ok because "it is a business". So I am boycotting. Want my die hard loyalty? Show me you really want to win and I am not seeing that from the team or management or ownership anymore. I'm one of the ones that are negative, but like I said when you take your world class talents and give them scrubs to play with you are telling me you don't care about winning.

Sports owners need to understand just how much of a sacrifice it is for the average person to support them and help fans out. Or, just go ahead and make it your millionaires club and keep the rabble out and my white trash ass will stay at the house.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this.. it's not an arena ban, it's a premium club ban. They're just making it more enjoyable for their own fans in that area of their own arena. It's not like a Wings fan couldn't still come in either, they just wouldn't be able to have Wings apparel. This is a non-issue.

it isn't just the lounge that's restricted. Since I live about 6 hours from Tampa, and there just happens to be a crew from Tampa doing an install where I work, and one of the guys used to work here, I might could get a ride down and back this weekend and make Saturdays game. So I pop over to tampa site to check out Amelia Arena, and lo and behold when you mouse over seating, all seats by glass say the visiting team dress code is in effect or something to that nature. They don't want opposition jerseys being seen on tv I guess.

But I decided not to go, other things going on but also I am just so disappointed in how the team shaped up this year especially here at the end. Getting in on the next to last game instead of the last game isn't much of an improvement imo. I have probably broke 2000 dollars worth of tvs, went to games and bought hockey packages and hotels and travelled hours to see them, and I feel like fans are getting shortchanged by sports millionaires who don't perform but it's ok because "it is a business". So I am boycotting. Want my die hard loyalty? Show me you really want to win and I am not seeing that from the team or management or ownership anymore. I'm one of the ones that are negative, but like I said when you take your world class talents and give them scrubs to play with you are telling me you don't care about winning.

Sports owners need to understand just how much of a sacrifice it is for the average person to support them and help fans out. Or, just go ahead and make it your millionaires club and keep the rabble out and my white trash ass will stay at the house.

:confused:

Are people REALLY talking s*** about an all-time Wings great over the availability of playoff tickets?

Get a f***in grip people.

lol who cares if he's an all time great. That's irrelevant now. He jumped ship because the whiny turd thought he was above waiting in line just like many have done before him.

Honestly I hope he had a miserable career.

lol who cares if he's an all time great. That's irrelevant now. He jumped ship because the whiny turd thought he was above waiting in line just like many have done before him.

Honestly I hope he had a miserable career.

Whoa whoa, check yourself friend. Yzerman is not a whiny turd because he wantedto manage a team that wasn't the Red Wings. By that standard all of Holland's and Babcock's proteges for the last several years have been whiny turds. Are you saying the RedWings have been run by whiny turds???

Yzerman was sent off with best wishes.

Holland wasn't stepping aside so he, like Nill, had to go somewhere else for their career to continue to progress.

I hope Steve has an illustrious GM career, whether if it's for us or not. He was raised by us and trained by us and thus I hope he continues to reflect that high standard when he's apart from us.

He is the opponent now, I understand, and I want nothing more to trounce his team. But that doesn't mean I don't respect the man or his team.

Edited by number9

Whoa whoa, check yourself friend. Yzerman is not a whiny turd because he wantedto manage a team that wasn't the Red Wings. By that standard all of Holland's and Babcock's proteges for the last several years have been whiny turds. Are you saying the RedWings have been run by whiny turds???

Yzerman was sent off with best wishes.

Holland wasn't stepping aside so he, like Nill, had to go somewhere else for their career to continue to progress.

I hope Steve has an illustrious GM career, whether if it's for us or not. He was raised by us and trained by us and thus I hope he continues to reflect that high standard when he's apart from us.

He is the opponent now, I understand, and I want nothing more to trounce his team. But that doesn't mean I don't respect the man or his team.

Pffft.

Respect.

What an outdated concept.

Not just you but you are 100% incorrect. The Team GM doesn't set ticket policy and either has no say or is only told for informational purposes. Tampa has a Team President for a reason as well as a very active owner.

This is not unusual either - I know for a fact Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philly and Carolina have all done this in the recent past (meaning the last 10 years)....

I never said the GM set ticket policy, what I said it that the GM has power, and unless its coming from the owner or president, if the GM is firmly against something, I'm sure he has pull to veto it.

Also, if you are going to say I am "100% incorrect", please post a link or something to backup your statements, otherwise you are just sharing your opinion.

I will love Steve forever. What he did for this city defined my childhood. Still, I don't see how anyone can actively root for the enemy.

Just a little emotional about the whole thing. Especially because our chances aren't incredibly high. :baby:

I will love Steve forever. What he did for this city defined my childhood. Still, I don't see how anyone can actively root for the enemy.

Just a little emotional about the whole thing. Especially because our chances aren't incredibly high. :baby:

No one is rooting for the enemy. We're just not ripping Yzerman. TB has players for that.

I never said the GM set ticket policy, what I said it that the GM has power, and unless its coming from the owner or president, if the GM is firmly against something, I'm sure he has pull to veto it.

Also, if you are going to say I am "100% incorrect", please post a link or something to backup your statements, otherwise you are just sharing your opinion.

You are only saying that because it's Steve Yzerman. No other NHL team has a GM meddle in business affairs outside of the NHL roster.

And yes I'm working on finding a link for exactly who controls ticket policy. I guarantee you Tampa is set up like every other NHL team and has an Executive VP for that purpose....

EDIT: I could only find stories that had quotes coming from the team's communications director, so I called their ticket office directly at 813.301.6600. Per someone named Tony, this policy was envisioned by the owner and put into practice by the COO. Yzerman has ZERO to do with it. Feel free to call yourself if you want.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

f*** Steve Yzerman. He's not the Red Wings, and the Red Wings aren't him. He stopped getting the Gordie Howe treatment the second he associated himself with another active NHL hockey team. Particularly with one that we're playing in the playoffs.

I hope we crush Stevie, the Lightening, the city of Tampa, and the whole state of Florida for that matter. Let an earthquake crumble it, let the fires rage, let it burn to ******* ash and then let the waters rise and submerge the whole rat-infested place, Stevie right along with it.

This is playoff hockey.

f*** Steve Yzerman. He's not the Red Wings, and the Red Wings aren't him. He stopped getting the Gordie Howe treatment the second he associated himself with another active NHL hockey team. Particularly with one that we're playing in the playoffs.

I hope we crush Stevie, the Lightening, the city of Tampa, and the whole state of Florida for that matter. Let an earthquake crumble it, let the fires rage, let it burn tof****** ash and then let the waters rise and submerge the whole rat-infested place, Stevie right along with it.

This is playoff hockey.

This.

******* this.