• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Dougie hamilton to calgary

Rate this topic

To which someone will say, "Yeah, but Boston would've wanted more from us because we're in the same division." To which I say, "OK, how much more? I want to know exactly how much more before I conclude he would've cost way too much." 24 hours ago we all would've agreed that no one would be able to land Dougie Hamilton for a first-round pick (one that's not even in the top twelve) and two second-round picks.

Where the hell have you been?

To which someone will say, "Yeah, but Boston would've wanted more from us because we're in the same division." To which I say, "OK, how much more? I want to know exactly how much more before I conclude he would've cost way too much." 24 hours ago we all would've agreed that no one would be able to land Dougie Hamilton for a first-round pick (one that's not even in the top twelve) and two second-round picks.

If Holland were to ask Boston about Hamilton, I'd bet money that the asking price would have started with Larkin.

You'll never know because I'm sure Boston never would have considered it -- trading Hamilton to us -- no matter the offer.

We had the 19th overall pick. No matter how much we offered, it would still always be better to take a similar deal from the team with the 18th pick. Or the 17th. Or 16th. Any deal for Hamilton was going to be about picks, and we can't compete in that arena because our picks aren't that low. We've got quality young players, but Boston doesn't want those because they can't afford them.

No matter what Ken Holland would have offered, a better deal would have always existed. Even if it was just improving on the value of the picks by one or two spots overall.

Even if the cost would have been the same, their first was better than ours and we don't have any 2nd rounders.

We had the 19th overall pick. No matter how much we offered, it would still always be better to take a similar deal from the team with the 18th pick. Or the 17th. Or 16th. Any deal for Hamilton was going to be about picks, and we can't compete in that arena because our picks aren't that low. We've got quality young players, but Boston doesn't want those because they can't afford them.

No matter what Ken Holland would have offered, a better deal would have always existed. Even if it was just improving on the value of the picks by one or two spots overall.

Could of offered next years first as well? And maybe next years 2nd and jurco?

2 1sts a 2nd and jurco is better than what they got I'd say ... I'm betting they get Hanifan or attempting to

Could of offered next years first as well? And maybe next years 2nd and jurco?

2 1sts a 2nd and jurco is better than what they got I'd say ... I'm betting they get Hanifan or attempting to

We could have offered the moon too. I'm not saying that there's nothing we could have traded to get Hamilton. I'm saying there's nothing, within reason, that we could have offered that couldn't have been beaten by any team with more valuable picks. Put together any package you want, and the team that finished two spots below us in the standings could have beaten it if they wanted to. Which means Holland would have had to go higher, and higher, to outbid those guys. At which point Hamilton wouldn't be a steal anymore. He'd be an overpayment.

Lucic to LA seems almost a done deal. Will give Boston picks 13, 14 and 15 if it goes through.

Maybe they flip two or three of them to Arizona for Hanifin, who (at his best) will likely end up about as good as Dougie Hamilton will be. Lol.

Edited by kipwinger

Maybe they flip two or three of them to Arizona for Hanifin, who (at his best) will likely end up about as good as Dougie Hamilton will be. Lol.

...and in the meantime they'll be suffering on D.