• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/28 GDT : Red Wings at Minnesota Wild, 8:00 EST

Rate this topic

So Khan reports that Blashill was disappointed with the team tonight. Well newsflash Blash- most of us fans are disappointed with you and your stubbornness sticking with the SAME STALE LINES game in and game out. It could not have been more obvious that the lines need to be changed, but yet you still stuck with them. How bad does Helm have to be before you take him out of the top 6? How many games does Z and Pavel have to look unlike themselves before you make some changes? Christ, the one change you did make tonight made no sense- splitting up Green and Smith after Smith had his best game as a Red Wings player last game. You can be disappointed in the team all you want, but I blame this loss on poor coaching.

Mrazek was a stud! Without him this game would have been embarrassing!

New lines!

Pav- Z- Larkin (Actually try it out for a while, I think Pav and Z play best together and Pav especially will be energized by Larkin)

Abby- Richards- Nyquist

Jurco- Sheahan- Tatar (they were great the other night- why split them up?!)

4th line

This is a no brainer. At least do something to re-energize the team!

I agree the lines need to change but let's not blame this game on only Blash here, he already took responsibility after the game for the team "not being prepared". He changed the lines in the 3rd and still nothing happened, the team gave away the puck a ridiculous amount of times they had no chance to win when they played like that. It reminded me of how they were playing when they went on that 1-6 stretch earlier in the year, they looked slow and turned the puck over a lot.

Doesn't he have 4 points in his last 5 games? The problem is Helm on that line more so then Richards imo. Helm doesn't have the IQ to play with either of those two.

Hwlm is a good player. He opens space for Datsyuk and Richards with his speed. You can have 5 million hockey iq in 3 players, but they will all get shut down if all 3 of them are slow. I'd like to see Datsyuk with Larkin and Jurco, and Zetterberg with Helm and Athanasiou. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are not able to beat 1 on 1's consistently anymore. The 2 wingers need to open up ice for them. Richards, Nyquist, and Abdelkader dont open up the ice as well as they need to for the euro twins to be effective.

Hwlm is a good player. He opens space for Datsyuk and Richards with his speed. You can have 5 million hockey iq in 3 players, but they will all get shut down if all 3 of them are slow. I'd like to see Datsyuk with Larkin and Jurco, and Zetterberg with Helm and Athanasiou. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are not able to beat 1 on 1's consistently anymore. The 2 wingers need to open up ice for them. Richards, Nyquist, and Abdelkader dont open up the ice as well as they need to for the euro twins to be effective.

I am not saying don't put no one fast with Datsyuk and Richards but Helm is the wrong choice. He is a 4th liner and can't finish. Someone like Larkin should be playing there instead.

Helm and Abdelkader belong on the 4th line. Lots of energy. I love them but they have no business being in the top 6. That's the thing about this team. A lot of these decent forwards take up the top 9 because we lack legitimate snipers. Just gotta keep getting younger. Maybe guys like Athanasiou or Mantha can come up and help.

Edited by GoWings!

Helm and Abdelkader belong on the 4th line. Lots of energy. I love them but they have no business being in the top 6. That's the thing about this team. A lot of these decent forwards take up the top 9 because we lack legitimate snipers. Just gotta keep getting younger. Maybe guys like Athanasiou or Mantha can come up and help.

You nailed it. Mantha needs to fulfill his promise.

Take out Abdelkader and this team is junior league soft. Dats and Z are our best players and they're old, they can't consistently play strong along the boards and take pucks to the net. They fall back into a perimeter game. Same goes with Tatar and Nyquist but for different reasons. We'll never consistently perform offensively for very legitimate reasons. Nobody to blame but Holland even though I'm a holland supporter. We're just not ready to be real winners for a couple more years

Take out Abdelkader and this team is junior league soft. Dats and Z are our best players and they're old, they can't consistently play strong along the boards and take pucks to the net. They fall back into a perimeter game. Same goes with Tatar and Nyquist but for different reasons. We'll never consistently perform offensively for very legitimate reasons. Nobody to blame but Holland even though I'm a holland supporter. We're just not ready to be real winners for a couple more years

Easy on that negativity, brah. We have to replace 2 forwards (Nyquist and Miller) with faster, heavier, grittier, more capable 2 way guys (Athanasiou, Jurco) , and shuffle it up a bit. And if by some miracle, Holland doesnt pick his ass all year long and actually makes a trade for a sniper (Stamkos) and/or big D (Byfuglien), we are going to be tough. Nyquist, Mantha, 1st in 2016, 3rd in 2018 for Stamkos rental / possible re-sign. Kindl, Miller, Sproul, 1st in 2017 for Byfuglien rental / possible re-sign.

Zetterberg-Stamkos-Jurco

Datsyuk-Larkin-Tatar

Athanasiou-Sheahan-Abdelkader

Glendening-Helm-Richards

Kronwall-Byfuglien

DeKeyser-Quincey

Green-Smith

Mrazek

Howard

Booya.