• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Mid Season review

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Bowman won Trashill loses. Bowman made players better, Trashill makes players worse. But yeah it's all about being a hater.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Your statement doesn't negate anything I said. I agree Bowman won, and I agree Blashill has struggled. My point is that when someone is losing, EVERYTHING they do tends to be criticized. There are plenty of things that Blashill does wrong, I'm not denying that, I have said that I would like a coaching change. But I am not going to sit here and blindly say that every single move he has ever made is wrong. Of course there is no comparison between the two, but lets be objective and evaluate every decision Blashill makes clearly and not let our personal bias's dictate everything we say.

You throw a blanket statement at me, and you say I am calling you "a hater", like PVD said if you dont want that label, you probably shouldn't call him Trashill every single post. The irony is astounding. 

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Bowman won Trashill loses. Bowman made players better, Trashill makes players worse. But yeah it's all about being a hater.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Just to be the usual Kickazz.

Bowman also lost. To Colorado.

3 times

To coaches inferior than him.

But nobody wants to talk about that because Bowman is a godman 

In short, I agree with what the other two are saying. 

Edited by kickazz

Blashill took over what was basically the same team Babcock coached.  Most of the players regressed and had subpar years.  Larkin started hot, then the longer he was coached by Blashill, the worse he got..  Year two, the nearly universal decline has continued.  Tatar and Nyquist went from guys who looked like they could score 30 goals to useless players.  Larkin has regressed.  AA plays well and earns a back handed compliment peppered with criticism about a couple bad shifts.  Sheahan continues to get PP time.  Ott gets PP time.  Glendening is played on a scoring line.  The PP is almost historically bad.  Howard, Vanek, Mantha, and Nielsen meet or exceed expectations, EVERYONE ELSE is worse.  This team was never going to be a contender, but it shouldn't be pushing for the first overall pick either.  All of that is on the coach.  Holland is to blame for the bad contracts that are going to anchor this team in mediocrity for the next few years and for not wanting to admit that they need to rebuild, at least not publicly.  

Jeff Blashill is not anywhere close to an NHL caliber head coach.  Holland has done a bad job.  These are not mutually exclusive, but some people seem intent on giving Blashill a pass.  Name one thing he has done to show he should be coaching in the NHL.

19 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Blashill took over what was basically the same team Babcock coached.  Most of the players regressed and had subpar years.  Larkin started hot, then the longer he was coached by Blashill, the worse he got..  Year two, the nearly universal decline has continued.  Tatar and Nyquist went from guys who looked like they could score 30 goals to useless players.  Larkin has regressed.  AA plays well and earns a back handed compliment peppered with criticism about a couple bad shifts.  Sheahan continues to get PP time.  Ott gets PP time.  Glendening is played on a scoring line.  The PP is almost historically bad.  Howard, Vanek, Mantha, and Nielsen meet or exceed expectations, EVERYONE ELSE is worse.  This team was never going to be a contender, but it shouldn't be pushing for the first overall pick either.  All of that is on the coach.  Holland is to blame for the bad contracts that are going to anchor this team in mediocrity for the next few years and for not wanting to admit that they need to rebuild, at least not publicly.  

Jeff Blashill is not anywhere close to an NHL caliber head coach.  Holland has done a bad job.  These are not mutually exclusive, but some people seem intent on giving Blashill a pass.  Name one thing he has done to show he should be coaching in the NHL.

You're absolutely right.  He's just not NHL caliber.  He took nearly half a season to bench Sheahan, but Athanasiou has a couple of bad shifts and he's benched?  Not to mention, he's one of your more explosive forwards and you play him around 8 minutes a game?  Get out of here.  Also, Larkin playing on the bottom 6 is just ridiculous.  Glendening playing in the top 6 is also ridiculous.  He regularly uses backhanded compliments about players to the media and doesn't show enough emotion in and out of games.  Both he and Holland need to go.  They need to make some serious moves.  

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Who are you arguing with?

Nobody is defending Blashill, I even said it my post that I want a coaching change. You seem intent on creating a debate that nobody is on the other side of.

its funny how saying not every move Blashill does is awful, is interpreted by you as giving him a pass. Actually read what I wrote.

Edited by kliq