Justin Abdelkader

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Holland offered 13 years, 73 mil.

The wild offered 13 years, 98 mil.

It's in that article I posted.  

Wouldn't you take the bigger offer?

Second sentence of your article.

Both deals are reportedly worth $98 million over 13 years.

...and yet Suter still wanted to come here (per Bob McKenzie) but his wife didn't want to live here (also per McKenzie.)

Dude, I wanted Suter more than anyone, I was pissed off more than anyone, even if couldn't blame Holland. He offered him enough to get him to want to come here, in the end, the wife ruled. I do belive Holland also offered him $7.5 per season, it was just a year shorter. I could be wrong, but I am nearly positive he did not offer him $5.4M, that would've been an insult and there's no way we'd even be in consideration let alone in the final two.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Both refers to Suter and Parise.  Not Detroit and Minnesota.

Not a burn, so im off the hot seat on that one.  Thank goodness!

https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2012/08/02/is-wings-gm-ken-holland-willing-to-adapt-to-the-new-nhl/

"...when it looked like they were going to lose out on Suter when Holland bumped their offer from $90 million to $98 million."

The usual "Bill Berzeench gets put back on the hot seat scenario" for me. 

My work here is done. .

Edited by kickazz

17 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

"It was because the Red Wings wouldn’t spend that they lost out on Parise and Suter, "

That's the very next sentence.  That article is great - for me!!!

Hot seat is in the rearview.  Burns have healed.

And just like in your previous post you tried saying that the next sentence was regarding something else, you hypocritically do the same thing. The next sentence in your case is pointing out the offer we gave to Parise was lower. 

For Suter, which is the case you've been arguing with CRL. According to the Anti-Holland article he offered him $90 million and bumped it upto  $98 million last minute. Not the $73 million figure you came up with. 

And here is USA Today as another source.

"The Wings made an offer of $80 million over 13 years to Suter on Sunday, and have since increased the money to $90 million."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012-07-03/Red-Wings-up-offer-for-Ryan-Suter/56008136/1

Shall we keep going till one melts in the hot seat? Here.

"According to a source, the Wings offered Suter a 13-year contract worth $90 million."

https://redwingsfront.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/wings-gm-ken-holland-im-disappointed-we-didnt-get-suter-certainly-when-you-offer-someone-the-amount-of-money-we-offered-him-you-feel-youre-a-legitimate-player/

It's time to evaporate now.

"The Red Wings, according to a source, offered Suter a 12-year contract worth $90 million."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/07/as_red_wings_await_decisions_f.html

Regardless of how you cut it, the offer was still $7.5 per year. Even that anti-Holland writer did his research. 

Bill I do give you credit for trying against us. It's fun I must admit. The 0-20 record or whatever it is in debates is the only depressing thing. 

Edited by kickazz

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

"It was because the Red Wings wouldn’t spend that they lost out on Parise and Suter, "

I gotta be honest bill, you were truly somet

14 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I gotta say Bill, your work as the axe was outstanding, as bill ok, but the Jonas act is lacking. Seems youve faded faster than the wings. Hard to do these days, congrats

28 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So you are saying Holland's offers were lower than Minnesota's?  Great!!!  That's EXACTLY what I said.  Same page, Kickazz!  I'm feeling kind of chilly right now.  Did you turn on the AC, you stinker?!

Kickazz says "Holland offered the same amount per year to Suter". Bill Berzeench says "So Holland offered less and you agree with me!" (then follow the typical Bill Berzeench 4-5 exclamation points). 

Ahhhh the posting style is finally reverting to the Bill Berzeench style.  

Let dat evidence stack up. 

Edited by kickazz

9 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So you are saying Holland's offers were lower than Minnesota's?  Great!!!  That's EXACTLY what I said.  Same page, Kickazz!  I'm feeling kind of chilly right now.  Did you turn on the AC, you stinker?!

It's 2 v 1 now, CRL.  I got Kickazz doing my research now and keeping me out of the BURN center.  

Abdelkader looked better tonight, yah?

Wait how much did Holland offer Suter again?