• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

11/30 GDT - Canadiens @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

On 12/1/2017 at 7:30 AM, F.Michael said:

I might be placing too much blame on Blashill, but the guy behind the bench in Vegas seems to be doing well with the table scraps...And to think we could've had that guy...

You got it. Vegas is a perfect example of what a team can achieve with good coaching, a good work ethic on the ice, and guys who WANT to win. The Wings actually have a better roster IMO, but they unfortunately lack the 3 thinks I listed that Vegas has. The Wings could be overachievers, instead they suck more than a Hoover on NOS.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You got it. Vegas is a perfect example of what a team can achieve with good coaching, a good work ethic on the ice, and guys who WANT to win. The Wings actually have a better roster IMO, but the unfortunately lack the 3 thinks I listed that Vegas has. The Wings could be overachievers, instead they suck more than a Hoover on NOS.

Agreed, but I also think that lack of scouting is helping LV. When you are facing a team that has an identity that is 2 months old, it can be a bit tough to figure out.

Same thing happens to players, they come into the NHL and teams dont know how to stop them, a year or so into their careers they crash and burn because teams know how to counter them. Pitchers in baseball are the best example of this. 

7 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Right, the team in front of them is blowing it, but you can't tell me Mrazek has been good tonight. He needs to make some clutch saves, make this a 3-0 game... he looks like garbage.

Howard looked worse in relief. 

16 hours ago, kickazz said:

Maybe because they’ve deemed Mrazek as not having a future. In 3 years he couldn’t attain the starter position and keep it. Kind of like Manny Legace who kept getting chances between 03-05 and blew it.

Yep. Jimmy has only allowed 15 goals in not even three full games. 5 goals tonight on how many shots? He was bound to blow a gasket eventually. 

I was just waiting it out until Jimmy hit sieve mode again. People want Petr gone, but YAY JIMMY!! All Star candidate!! He’s a loser and always will be. Petr might suck, but Jimmy sucks just as much.

Edited by chaps80

52 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yep. Jimmy has only allowed 15 goals in not even three full games. 5 goals tonight on how many shots? He was bound to blow a gasket eventually. 

I was just waiting it out until Jimmy hit sieve mode again. People want Petr gone, but YAY JIMMY!! All Star candidate!! He’s a loser and always will be. Petr might suck, but Jimmy sucks just as much.

Still not even close stats wise. Why do you have such dismay for Howard, and such fandom for Mrazek?

The part that I bolded implies that you wanted Howard to have a slide. I don't get why a person who is a fan of the Wings is rooting for a player to do bad, and not in a "I want them to tank so we land a pick way" but in a "I want Howard to play bad, so I can tell people I am right" way. 

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

You must not know how to read stats. Mrazek is trash compared to Howard and has been for a year and half now. Jesus Christ man his GAA is 3.62. He’s doing worse than Gustavvson on one leg and a broken groin. How can you be so blind in your hatred towards Howard and ignore Mrazek’s crappy overall performance...? We’re all eating crow on what we thought Mrazek could be. You should too. 

@krsmith17 is this what you meant when you said chaps wouldn’t rub Jimmy’s performance and say “told you so”? 

5 hours ago, kliq said:

LThe part that I bolded implies that you wanted Howard to have a slide. I don't get why a person who is a fan of the Wings is rooting for a player to do bad, and not in a "I want them to tank so we land a pick way" but in a "I want Howard to play bad, so I can tell people I am right" way. 

And he wonders why people give him s*** about Mrazek. People like him have been trash talking Jimmy (who is a proven goalie for almost a decade now) but when it comes to criticizing Mrazek all hell breaks lose (who hasn’t even proven himself as a goalie and it’s been 3 years.....)

Edited by kickazz

19 hours ago, kliq said:

Agreed, but I also think that lack of scouting is helping LV. When you are facing a team that has an identity that is 2 months old, it can be a bit tough to figure out.

Same thing happens to players, they come into the NHL and teams dont know how to stop them, a year or so into their careers they crash and burn because teams know how to counter them. Pitchers in baseball are the best example of this. 

Like Mrazek?

13 hours ago, F.Michael said:

In all fairness Jimmy wasn't an 'All-Star candidate', but he was an actual 'All-Star'...Twice in fact - 2012, and 2015 (which if I recall he didn't play due to injury).

Was listening to Ken Daniels on the NHL Sirius channel (I really like his honesty - unlike St.James, and to a lesser extent Khan who beat around the bush)...He more, or less said that he feels Mrazek will get moved, or simply let go after this season...His only hope to stay in Detroit is to pull a 'Nancy Kerrigan' on an unsuspecting Jimmy.

It almost worked for Quincey on Kronner.