• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

martyrme19

Sedin Twins Calling it a Career After Season

Rate this topic

On 4/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Svech bros?

Actually it is. That's why he hasn't officially retired yet. They aren't making up Franzen's career ending condition, but they are clearly taking advantage of the system.

Because Franzen wants his money. I wouldn't retire with all that money owed to me either. He would be playing if he could. Last time he tried he clearly should not have been on the ice. That's that. There's LTIRetirement contracts all over the league. Pronger is still on the books somewhere i believe. Hossa's skin condition deal was indeed suspicious though when they needed to cut cap. He had something i'm sure, but i find it hard to believe doctors and equipment manufacturers couldn't figure out SOME way for him to keep playing and minimize the issue. Hossa isn't a guy you just say "OK guess your out for the season" to without trying everything possible. But Crawford's injury is legitimate. Losing him killed their season. They came in as contenders, finished in the bottom ten.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Because Franzen wants his money. I wouldn't retire with all that money owed to me either. He would be playing if he could. Last time he tried he clearly should not have been on the ice. That's that. There's LTIRetirement contracts all over the league. Pronger is still on the books somewhere i believe. Hossa's skin condition deal was indeed suspicious though when they needed to cut cap. He had something i'm sure, but i find it hard to believe doctors and equipment manufacturers couldn't figure out SOME way for him to keep playing and minimize the issue. Hossa isn't a guy you just say "OK guess your out for the season" to without trying everything possible. But Crawford's injury is legitimate. Losing him killed their season. They came in as contenders, finished in the bottom ten.

Yes. He had Overpaidus forwut Youbringus, more commonly know as Capitis.

According to webmd:

t's a rare but debilitating disease that affects mostly men in their mid to late 30's.

It is most common, but not limited to the Great Lakes region of the US.

Other contributing factors include: Eastern European ancestry, working in cold environments, and lifting heavy metallic objects.

17 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes. He had Overpaidus forwut Youbringus, more commonly know as Capitis.

According to webmd:

t's a rare but debilitating disease that affects mostly men in their mid to late 30's.

It is most common, but not limited to the Great Lakes region of the US.

Other contributing factors include: Eastern European ancestry, working in cold environments, and lifting heavy metallic objects.

Haha pretty much. I hate the fact Chicago finished in the bottom 7 or 8. Liked seeing them miss the playoffs, but finishing just outside would have been much better. A team with their roster shouldn't be in the draft lottery mix with only a bit lower odds than Detroit. Losing Crawford really shouldn't have killed them when they had plenty of time to find a goalie that didn't suck, but I guess it's an excuse to have a bad season and get a solid first rounder. Or an elite one, depending. And if Hossa and Crawford don't return, which they most likely won't, they have a good shopping budget to pick up a capable goalie and other stuff. 

On 4/20/2018 at 3:18 PM, chaps80 said:

Haha pretty much. I hate the fact Chicago finished in the bottom 7 or 8. Liked seeing them miss the playoffs, but finishing just outside would have been much better. A team with their roster shouldn't be in the draft lottery mix with only a bit lower odds than Detroit. Losing Crawford really shouldn't have killed them when they had plenty of time to find a goalie that didn't suck, but I guess it's an excuse to have a bad season and get a solid first rounder. Or an elite one, depending. And if Hossa and Crawford don't return, which they most likely won't, they have a good shopping budget to pick up a capable goalie and other stuff. 

Wait - is really likely that Crawford's career is done??? I mean, that's pretty crazy if so.

On 4/23/2018 at 2:53 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No

He's been in the gym and the Hawks stated they expect him to start next season

He still wasn't much better at the end of the season, that was a good 5 months since he went down. Bowman did say he expects him to be back, but who knows. Holland expected Franzen back at one point too. We'll see how it plays out, but if I was Bowman i'd have a backup plan, because Crawford is all he has. If his symptoms return at any time, the Hawks are screwed.