• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

GDT 8!!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

Just now, brett said:

the most expensive and overpaid 4th line in the nhl nice 

Eh, It's probably a moot point anyway, as I have a hard time seeing Blashill sticking all three of our veteran grinders on the same line and then giving that line paltry fourth-line minutes.

Just my 2 cents on roster decisions.

On D: Green (when healthy), Daley, DK, E, Kronwall, Jensen, Cholowski. Being that Green is out to start the season, there's another spot open. I can't decide, as I feel like each guy has equal pros and cons.

Hicketts: Depth defenseman. Not much more developing, heavy ice time isn't necessary. Feel comfortable with him on the roster over the others if it's a 7th/spare D kinda thing. Deserves it over Hronek, equally as much as Sulak. Another lefty tho.

Hronek: One year experience at the pro level. Will still get better with more developing. Needs to be in the top 4 if on the roster, not scratched or on the bench. Hasn't played as well as Hicketts or Sulak. Gives the D another RH shot/passer.

Sulak: Preseason is first taste of high level hockey. Played as well as Hicketts, better than Hronek. At 25, has developed slowly, a late bloomer? Could probably be used as 4-7 D to finish development. Another Lefty,which the D already has plenty of.

Who would I pick? It's between Hicketts and Sulak. Hicketts really has no more developing to do, so sending him down wouldn't really help. Sulak, on the other hand, could probably use some AAA level experience before being brought up full time. I guess I would start the season with Hicketts on the roster in the 7th spot, and bring up Sulak throughout the season when the inevitable injuries hit with an older defense.Keep Hronek on the top pair D in GR for the season and re-evaluate next summer.

At F, I think there are 2 spots open. Rass has one of them. Between Svech and Zadina for the 2nd, I would go Svech. Zadina can be sent to GR, and would probably benefit from playing big minutes against men to boost his confidence. Bring him up next season. Svech at this point is done developing at the AHL level. He has played better than Zadina in the preseason, and with a lower ceiling than Zadina (middle 6 winger), can afford to be given fewer minutes (bottom 6) at the NHL level without harming his development as much. So I would go with Svech here.

22 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Eh, It's probably a moot point anyway, as I have a hard time seeing Blashill sticking all three of our veteran grinders on the same line and then giving that line paltry fourth-line minutes.

Any coach that makes roster decisions based on salary, shouldn't be earning one at the NHL level.