Dabura

4/6 Almost There GDT - Sabres @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Just now, Dabura said:

>Fan Appreciation Night
>Lower bowls half-empty
>Wings on "controller disconnected" mode in the d-zone
>Fans booing

I learned many years ago to never attend the last game of the season.  Players are checked out by then, either because they are a slam dunk in the playoffs race, or because they are not.  Either way, final games are horrible.

Just now, puckloo39 said:

I learned many years ago to never attend the last game of the season.  Players are checked out by then, either because they are a slam dunk in the playoffs race, or because they are not.  Either way, final games are horrible.

I like to attend these games cause all our fairweather fans dont go.

Kidding.  Ha

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

But then you would have missed Riley Sheahan's first two goals of the season (2017) and John Tavares's last goal as an islander (2018).

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

But then you would have missed Riley Sheahan's first two goals of the season (2017) and John Tavares's last goal as an islander (2018).

the last final Wings game of the season I attended was in San Jose.  The Wings played maybe 6 or 7 grumpy veterans.. I think they drew the short straws.  Dom and Chelios sat in the players' tunnel... Dom in his full kit, but kicked back in a chair with a bag of popcorn in his catching glove. Cheli was in street clothes, and sharing Dom's popcorn.  It was 2002.  No one cared.  Wings lost 6-2.  However, you know the rest of that story.... :lol:

Edited by puckloo39

Just now, puckloo39 said:

the last final Wings game of the season I attended was in San Jose.  The Wings played maybe 6 or 7 grumpy veterans.. I think they drew the short straws.  Dom and Chelios sat in the players' tunnel... Dom in his full kit, but kicked back in a chair with a bag of popcorn in his catching glove. Cheli was in street clothes, and sharing Dom's popcorn.  It was 2002.  No one care.  Wings lost 6-2.  However, you know the rest of that story.... :lol:

lmao Hasek was such a boss. Zero frks given, at all times. :lol:

Was that the year where we struggled horribly in the final stretch of the regular season? I vaguely remember that being a thing in one of the championship seasons. Might've been 2008...?

PK

Pominville is old and slow and he shoots right and Buffalo won't be re-signing him? I dare say we've found our new Vanek.

Dahlin scores on the power play. Wings trail 0-2.