• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Seider for Captain

Rate this topic

49 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Yzerman will put a better C on top of Larkin. During that time/process Seider will emerge as a Pronger-esque NHL face/staple. It will be easy once both those two inevitabilities happen to trade Larkin. Larkin can then go sign with the Leafs and ride shotgun for Matthews. Living out his leaf childhood fanboy dream much like Tavares.

The Larkin core failed with AA and Mantha and now him. A new Seider core is emerging.

I agree. Seider will be part of the core. That doesn't remove Larkin from that core. Yzerman has said that Larkin is part of his core (he did not mention Seider).

You dont start changing jersey letters just because a better player comes along.

It's entirely possible that Larkin could be eventually traded. But it won't be because of Seider. It will be because another team is offering Steve an offer he can't refuse. At that point, a good GM has to do it, even if it's his captain. And that's ok.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

20 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Are you referring to the quote from a writer that you played off as Yzerman's own words?

I'm not arguing Larkin isn't a part of the (current) core. And I'm also not arguing a captain change simply because a new player is better. You can stop with the misdirection.

I'm arguing that Seider not only has HOF potential, but also some very rare personal qualities that make him extremely fit to be an NHL captain. If Larkin was bursting with confidence, charisma, and leadership like Seider is I might have a different opinion,. But Larkin has the run of the mill boring NHL personality of a brick wall. That serves a purpose at the moment - much like Jeffrey Blashill does in the same way. But to think Blashill and Larkin will be the leaders of this franchise going significantly forward I think is incredibly naive. Larkin is barely clutching a 1C job at the moment and fans are begging for the departure of Blashill.

Seider is literally Yzerman's first draft pick as a Red Wing GM. The captain picked his captain with his very first pick. Holland boys will fall by the way side. Yzerman is designing an Yzerman team, and Seider is the focal point.

None of this is reason to remove Larkin as captain.

On 6/9/2021 at 1:08 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

Lol you're about as red pilled as Chelsea Clinton son

I'm a gambling man if you're interested.

If Yzerman hadn't called Larkin in for a meeting and been impressed enough to name him captain of his Detroit Red Wings, I might agree with you.

Seider will be the better player IMO. Seider will certainly be a leader in the locker room and on the ice. 

That doesn't mean that SY will publicly strip Larkin of his "C" in favor of Seider. No way. I don't see it happening unless Larkin actually does something seriously wrong, or he gets traded.

Both are possible I guess, but I think the most likely scenario is that Larkin keeps his captaincy and Seider is named an alternate along with Bert or Glenny.

I fail to see how this viewpoint is absurd in any way.

On 6/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

>De facto defends whatever the media sells
>Ask you to take the red pill like him

Lmao have fun with this one.

Yeah. Defending sound and proven medical principles and protocols by someone with a medical background makes them a sheep to the media-government complex.

10 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't live in my mom's basement, smoke pot, and collect comic books and pokemon. I can't relate to your real life experience.

Thats the best you can come up with?lmao ... pretty lame jokes coming from the guy with that star wars nonsense as his pic and no doubts goes to comic con’s dressed up as if hes still an 11  year old

next time

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Thats the best you can come up with?lmao ... pretty lame jokes coming from the guy with that star wars nonsense as his pic and no doubts goes to comic con’s dressed up as if hes still an 11  year old

next time

Yeah, how DARE people enjoy the things they are into.

Hardcore sports fans are far more pathetic than nerds. They think sports give them this alpha male status. Really you're just a sad man who does nothing but ***** and complain on the internet about the teams you root for. 

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He just took a dig at me for “liking comics and pokemon” yet i dont see your rant towards him lmao

your just a sad pathetic man who flys around canada to hook up with prostitutes cause you cant get a woman to talk to you in real life and what makes you even worse is you come here and act like  theres nothing wrong with it but yet you wont admit to doing so and you proceed to block your twitter profile from the world so they cant see your endless prostitution catalogue 

be quiet man and go bug someone else with your stupidities

Ahh yes, your classic creative comeback.  

My Twitter is very much public. Not my fault you're too much of a simpleton to find it. 

I guess you're just jealous because I can afford to travel the world, yet you have to bum articles from The Athletic from other LGW members because you can't spare the pocket change for a subscription. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Ahh yes, your classic creative comeback.  

My Twitter is very much public. Not my fault you're too much of a simpleton to find it. 

I guess you're just jealous because I can afford to travel the world, yet you have to bum articles from The Athletic from other LGW members because you can't spare the pocket change for a subscription. 

Na just telling the truth like it is

simpleton? You want me to post your twitter s*** so people can see you blocked anyone from seeing it thus proving your the one who’s constantly lieing here?Or you want to just be quiet for once 

yes im jealous you can travel across canada and bang tiffany and tammy at a “discount” rate cause your one of “their favs”  get real man ... and as for the articles that person told me it was np that i asked so i did  but apparently it wasnt so i wont any longer

you done with your stupidities?

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

11 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

next time

I chose that pic because my daughter absolutely loves that character. I am certainly not going to put a pic of her on a public website, so I chose one that reminds me of her and makes me smile.

I have never been to a Comic Con in my life and wouldn't waste the money to go to one.

56 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I chose that pic because my daughter absolutely loves that character. I am certainly not going to put a pic of her on a public website, so I chose one that reminds me of her and makes me smile.

I have never been to a Comic Con in my life and wouldn't waste the money to go to one.

Ya dont know if i buy that tale but who cares . And yes no one should ever post  pics of their kids online facebook/insta included 

Least we agree on that

On 6/11/2021 at 9:00 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

"Na, I am just telling the truth like it is.

Simpleton? Do you want me to post your Twitter s*** so people can see you blocked everyone from seeing it? Thus proving you're the one who is constantly lying? Or do you want to be quiet for once? 

Yes I am jealous that you can travel across Canada to have sexual relations with Tiffany and Tammy at a “discount” rate, as you are one of “their favourites.”  Get real, man. As for the articles, the person in question told me it was no problem that I asked; so i did ask. Apparently it was a problem, so I will not any longer.

Are you finished with your stupidities?"

If my stupidities involve correcting your grade-school level grammar, then no, I am not finished. 

3 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I went to the last comic-con that was in Seattle, just cause it was there and convenient for me... so why not check it out?

Super not worth it unless you're a kid 16 years old or younger who gets bullied in school.

It's basically a tradeshow for crappy art and toys. I left within an hour. They do have "celebs" show up for Q&A in an auditorium. The only part I thought maybe semi-interesting. So I watched part of this with Rainn Wilson (Dwight from the Office) and the dude who plays Dr. Who on Dr. Who. But it basically goes like this:

Q: "Rainn, I'm the biggest starwars fan and know you love it too, what's your favorite episode?"
A: "I like Empire Strikes Back... but also the new ones are cool too!"
Audience collectively: "OMG WE THINK THE SAME THINGS CLAP CLAP CLAP"
Rinse and repeat.

Big waste of time.

Got it.  Good info.

6 hours ago, marcaractac said:

If my stupidities involve correcting your grade-school level grammar, then no, I am not finished. 

Correcting grade school level grammar in your spare time of not trying to find new playmates on twitter how generous of you

maybe if you get a wig you’ll be much happier and less of a lowlife

17 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Correcting grade school level grammar in your spare time of not trying to find new playmates on twitter how generous of you

maybe if you get a wig you’ll be much happier and less of a lowlife

Don't you have a Mantha trade to go whine about?

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Don't you have a Mantha trade to go whine about?

Don’t you have tammy’s rising rates due to the pandemic to go whine about?I suggest you learn to ignore my posts as i do yours unless you want people to know your twitter and how how your profile “isnt” protected cause you have nothing to hide

now go bug someone else

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Don’t you have tammy’s rising rates due to the pandemic to go whine about?I suggest you learn to ignore my posts as i do yours unless you want people to know your twitter and how how your profile “isnt” protected cause you have nothing to hide

now go bug someone else

For someone who claims to ignore my posts, you don't do a very good job of it.