• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AtlantaHotWings

Retro Jersey...Why the gray?

Rate this topic

On 11/22/2020 at 5:39 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lol. It was only 12 years ago. I had to wait til 97 to see my first one. I can wait a little while longer for the next one.

I actually started turning grey in 1981, probably from waiting for the Lions to win a superbowl and the Wings to win a cup.

On 11/16/2020 at 1:24 PM, Akakabuto said:

Avs Nords-alternate looks real good tho. shameEm89crHXEAAeARK?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Wow, now THAT is gonna piss off anyone old enough to remember the Nords finally becoming a contender after 15 years in Quebec City just to have their team snatched and moved to Denver...where they won the Cup in their first season after the move.

On 11/17/2020 at 3:30 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

It wasn't the logo.  It was the colors.  Unique shade of blue.  Yes, the logo was weird.  

To revert back to my boring responses of old, every team should just wear what they wore in 1993.  

Yeah, the white Nords jersey was sweet. 

On 11/26/2020 at 11:45 PM, chaps80 said:

Wow, now THAT is gonna piss off anyone old enough to remember the Nords finally becoming a contender after 15 years in Quebec City just to have their team snatched and moved to Denver...where they won the Cup in their first season after the move.

Yeah, the white Nords jersey was sweet. 

Being one of the older farts here I fondly recall the Nords jersey, and I must admit that the new Nordilanche jersey is damn sweet.

Might have to get one...#22 Lemieux...

:nhl_crach:

:bag:

On 12/4/2020 at 7:46 PM, chaps80 said:

Yeah, that goes for pretty much any '95 to '05 or so Dives player. Forsberg, Roy, Foote, Deadmarsh...all great candidates.

Foote would be a good choice - was drafted and played for the Nordiques.

He’s another guy I despised since he was an Av, but admired his style of play.

21 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Foote would be a good choice - was drafted and played for the Nordiques.

He’s another guy I despised since he was an Av, but admired his style of play.

I dont think you understand how this works. Anyone who played for the Colorado Avalanche from 1996 to ca. 2004 is off limits. No jersey for you.

This is the way.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

I probably disliked Deadmarsh the most. Especially after the 2001 Quarter Finals when he played for LA,  scores the Game 6 OT winner, series over 4 games to 2. Otherwise known as "The stunner at Staples". It was more of a case of Potvin standing on his head and Osgood s***ting the bed than anything though. lol

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Saw these 2 for sale on the ol interwebs. Classic Chinese knockoffs.

• Men's Steve Yzerman red wings golden edition jersey black
    • Men's Detroit Red Wings #59 Tyler Bertuzzi White Golden Edition Jersey

Not too bad. Jerseys are so cheap from chinese sites like DHGate. I've bought quite a few jerseys for around $40 CDN each with either very cheap or free shipping. They are all worth the price, although sizing can be hit and miss. I try not to buy s*** from China anymore though..they end up with enough of our money already. 

29 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Not too bad. Jerseys are so cheap from chinese sites like DHGate. I've bought quite a few jerseys for around $40 CDN each with either very cheap or free shipping. They are all worth the price, although sizing can be hit and miss. I try not to buy s*** from China anymore though..they end up with enough of our money already. 

So you're 1 of those guys that stands out in a crowd wearing the obvious $hitty Chinese knock-off garbage...For shame :nono:

On 12/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, F.Michael said:

So you're 1 of those guys that stands out in a crowd wearing the obvious $hitty Chinese knock-off garbage...For shame :nono:

Better than being the ****** canoe who shows up at a Wings game wearing an Avs jersey.

Edit: you can't mention feminine cleansing products in here apparently

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Better than being the ****** canoe who shows up at a Wings game wearing an Avs jersey.

Edit: you can't mention feminine cleansing products in here apparently

Are you implying fans from the visiting team are prohibited?

For shame :nono:

On 12/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, F.Michael said:

Not all of them stand out as cheap Chinese s***. Like I said, it can be hit or miss. Also came across a Belfour #20 Sharks jersey...damn cool.

18 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Not all of them stand out as cheap Chinese s***. Like I said, it can be hit or miss. Also came across a Belfour #20 Sharks jersey...damn cool.

The ones that aren't in styles made by the official supplier at the time are almost always knockoffs. Occasionally you might see a Mitchell & Ness or something, but if its a jersey style you've never seen before, its often Chinese. 

I won't buy "knockoffs" if they're just cheap copies of actual legit jerseys, but I will buy them if I see them in a style or pattern that isn't available thru legitimate sources. I've collected about 30 different Wings jerseys this way.

Example:http://www.authenticdetroitredwingsshop.com/mens-authentic-adidas-jonathan-bernier-black-jersey-45-nhl-detroit-red-wings-team-logo-fashion

On 12/8/2020 at 11:55 PM, chaps80 said:

Still better looking than that crappy retro jersey