• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

The Yzerplan to Date

Rate this topic

Shayne Gostisbehere contract is a tough one.  I think we need to commit to him at 4 mil per for term (4-5 years), and then trade him the very second Johansson or Wallinder demonstrate better ability.  I think he will sign elsewhere unless we give him a contract that guarantees him good money until he's 34-35.  Give him a MNTC and let him know the plan upfront so it's all on the up and up.  My RHD depth chart looks like this: Seider, ASP, Holl, Tuomisto, Petry, Gibson, An. Johansson.  My LHD depth chart looks like this: Edvinsson, Maatta, Walman, Gostisbehere, Al. Johansson, Chiarot, Wallinder.  Line up the D this way: Walman-Seider, Edvinsson-ASP, Maatta-Gost.  Sprinkle Johansson and Tuomisto in next year for injuries.  Play Chairot and Petry on the 4th line, and sprinkle in Kasper and Mazur.

Is Yzerman doing the same thing Babcock and Bowman did? Jumping ships to be on competitive teams?

Hear me out:

Yzerman joins the wings front office as VP of Hockey Ops in 2006, pretty much right in the middle of the height of our glory. Wins a cup in 08, and barely missed another in 09.

But as soon as the decline begins in 2010 he immediately gets the heck out of dodge and joins Tampa. A team that already had young superstars Stamkos and Hedman ready to go, and a plethora of superstar vets like Lecavalier and MSL to teach them. 

Yet he is never able to put together a championship team with them, and when the inevitable decline begins, he immedately flips back to Detroit, a team that had already started the rebuilding process b4 he arrived, and had a young core of Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, and Hronek. As well as a number of high draft picks ready to funnel in, in Zadina, Veleno, Berggren, McIsaac, Svechnikov, Lindstrom, Cholowski, Smith, and Rasmussen.

But little did he know, the future wasnt so bright, and his former mentor had failed him, because almost all those Detroit prospects would fizzle out during his tenure in Detroit. And now he's found himself trapped 5 years deep in a team that's still rebuilding...

Is he too trapped at this point to leave? His bff Verbeek jumped ship almost immediately on him after arriving. 

43 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Is Yzerman doing the same thing Babcock and Bowman did? Jumping ships to be on competitive teams?

Hear me out:

Yzerman joins the wings front office as VP of Hockey Ops in 2006, pretty much right in the middle of the height of our glory. Wins a cup in 08, and barely missed another in 09.

But as soon as the decline begins in 2010 he immediately gets the heck out of dodge and joins Tampa. A team that already had young superstars Stamkos and Hedman ready to go, and a plethora of superstar vets like Lecavalier and MSL to teach them. 

Yet he is never able to put together a championship team with them, and when the inevitable decline begins, he immedately flips back to Detroit, a team that had already started the rebuilding process b4 he arrived, and had a young core of Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, and Hronek. As well as a number of high draft picks ready to funnel in, in Zadina, Veleno, Berggren, McIsaac, Svechnikov, Lindstrom, Cholowski, Smith, and Rasmussen.

But little did he know, the future wasnt so bright, and his former mentor had failed him, because almost all those Detroit prospects would fizzle out during his tenure in Detroit. And now he's found himself trapped 5 years deep in a team that's still rebuilding...

Is he too trapped at this point to leave? His bff Verbeek jumped ship almost immediately on him after arriving. 

https://records.nhl.com/franchises/tampa-bay-lightning/season-by-season-record

I don't think Tampa was on decline in 2010 as they went to the conf finals that year.   I believe Yzerguy came back to Det in 2019 right after TB lost in R1. TB then went to 3 finals in a row as the Wings bottomed out with a big thud with resounding draft luck!! 

TB has lost in R1 last 2 years so some cracks might be showing in their core etc. Dependent on what's in the cupboard will determine how fast they comeback. Might be a Boston type situation where they plug holes with younger guys who learn the culture while the older guys phase out. 

After the 2009 finals lose we should have started to manage picks better and we could have probably avoided this playoff drought. Saying  "We made the playoffs 25 years in a row" gets me a "shut up and sit down old man" comment from fans of other teams. But then again we could be the Sabres or Leafs so I take comfort in that thought. 

35 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Hear me out:

Is this satire?

10 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

https://records.nhl.com/franchises/tampa-bay-lightning/season-by-season-record

I don't think Tampa was on decline in 2010 as they went to the conf finals that year.   I believe Yzerguy came back to Det in 2019 right after TB lost in R1. TB then went to 3 finals in a row as the Wings bottomed out with a big thud with resounding draft luck!! 

TB has lost in R1 last 2 years so some cracks might be showing in their core etc. Dependent on what's in the cupboard will determine how fast they comeback. Might be a Boston type situation where they plug holes with younger guys who learn the culture while the older guys phase out. 

After the 2009 finals lose we should have started to manage picks better and we could have probably avoided this playoff drought. Saying  "We made the playoffs 25 years in a row" gets me a "shut up and sit down old man" comment from fans of other teams. But then again we could be the Sabres or Leafs so I take comfort in that thought. 

Tampa won the "Covid Cups" and nothing else. Without Corona virus theyre a first round exit team. Yzerman knew he built a paper tiger, but he couldnt have predicted their pandemic luck after his departure. 

Now Cooper is all pissy because his wild card team exited in the 1st round... does he think hes coaching a pres trophy team or something?

BUT THEY DISALLOWED TWO GOALS!!!

Yeah and you lost like 6-1 my guy, do the math...

Tampa is a joke washed up hack team. Embarrassment to the rest of the league. And their fans honestly think theyre a dynasty team despite never winning dick in a normal year...

Bryzboys traded what like 6 draft picks for the anchor that is Jeanot lol?

The bottom is falling out on their farce, and now their captain and head coach have expiring contracts. Yzerman will scoop them up. Stammer can learn how to be a real captain from Larkin and Coop can drive the zamboni.

10 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Is this satire?

Whats satirical about it? El Captain has never managed a team to a cup