• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

Last Gasp Wings vs Charging Caps

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Oh well...I'd just assume see Detroit get their a$$e$ handed to them for the remainder of this road trip so my hope of seeing them in the playoffs can finally be put to rest.

I'm with you.  Debrincat's little "darn it" face is so lame.  It represents the Wings' lack of intestinal fortitude.  Complete shet show from management.  Bad decision making (signing 5 crap vet defesemen when we need 1 good one) compounded by more bad decision making (playing sucky vet defensemen when we have good young ones in the system) really sucks the high hard one.  Time for some heads being pulled out of asses.  That means you, YZERMAN.  Pull your god damn head out, man.

6 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I'm with you.  Debrincat's little "darn it" face is so lame.  It represents the Wings' lack of intestinal fortitude.  Complete shet show from management.  Bad decision making (signing 5 crap vet defesemen when we need 1 good one) compounded by more bad decision making (playing sucky vet defensemen when we have good young ones in the system) really sucks the high hard one.  Time for some heads being pulled out of asses.  That means you, YZERMAN.  Pull your god damn head out, man.

I think this team needs a new direction starting with what we have behind the bench...We're likely stuck with some of the older vets, but maybe a different approach/style of play may get something outta this team next season.

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Remember when Dylan Strome wasn't qualified by Chicago in 22' and he became a UFA? Detroit could've signed him. But they chose not to. Even when they were in dire need of a young Center that would line up with our rebuild timeline. 125 points in 152 games sure sounds good to have. Oh, andhe could be centering Kane and Debrincat.

What do you mean? We signed native Michigander Andrew Copp that offseason. Great signing. Hes only 2 years older $625k more expensive and produces half as much. Why would we want former 3rd overall pick, 6'3" RHC Dylan Strome?

47 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

What do you mean? We signed native Michigander Andrew Copp that offseason. Great signing. Hes only 2 years older $625k more expensive and produces half as much. Why would we want former 3rd overall pick, 6'3" RHC Dylan Strome?

I talked a lot about him when he wasn't qualified. Yzerman had just signed two other former Hawks that weren't signed in prior years. I surely thought he'd do the same for a 3rd overall pick. But I just figured he knows more than I do. Damn I wish he would've signed him. Unless the Yzerplan included buying out 2 players this summer and trading away and acquiring better players, then i am getting very skeptical of this mysterious plan. 7 years is far too long. I want to see Chychrun and Fowler here via trade. I don't care of it costs 1st rounders. It's time to upgrade via trade. This drafting and waiting and filling the roster with middling UFA's has gotten old.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I talked a lot about him when he wasn't qualified. Yzerman had just signed two other former Hawks that weren't signed in prior years. I surely thought he'd do the same for a 3rd overall pick. But I just figured he knows more than I do. Damn I wish he would've signed him. Unless the Yzerplan included buying out 2 players this summer and trading away and acquiring better players, then i am getting very skeptical of this mysterious plan. 7 years is far too long. I want to see Chychrun and Fowler here via trade. I don't care of it costs 1st rounders. It's time to upgrade via trade. This drafting and waiting and filling the roster with middling UFA's has gotten old.

Yup.  Chiarot, Petry, Holl, Husso, Fabbri at 19 mil in 2024 and 16 mil in 2025 is just brutal.  What's the fricking point of watching this SHET?  Absolute TRASH.

19 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Yup.  Chiarot, Petry, Holl, Husso, Fabbri at 19 mil in 2024 and 16 mil in 2025 is just brutal.  What's the fricking point of watching this SHET?  Absolute TRASH.

Well - I'll defend Yzerman in that the guys you mentioned were/are in fact better than what we had (exceptions being Bertuzzi and Hronek).

22 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Well - I'll defend Yzerman in that the guys you mentioned were/are in fact better than what we had (exceptions being Bertuzzi and Hronek).

This is true. But its time to start dealing away draft picks for talent. Young talent. Trade the above mentioned, plus Veleno, Maatta, Berggren, and start fresh. Should've dealt Sprong, Ghost, Holl at deadline for picks. Yzerman kept them together as a team and look how they've repaid him. I'd package a 1st, more picks and a player at the draft for Chychrun and the same for Fowler. The only D I want returning are Seider, Walman, Edvinsson. Chiarot, Holl, Maata will get you a few mid-level draft picks that can be packaged. Let Ghost walk, let Sprong walk. Offer Perron a coaching job. Buyout Petry and Husso. Go with Lyon/Cossa next season. Ugh this is too much. I'll go to the off-season thread.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

This is true. But its time to start dealing away draft picks for talent. Young talent. Trade the above mentioned, plus Veleno, Maatta, Berggren, and start fresh. Should've dealt Sprong, Ghost, Holl at deadline for picks. Yzerman kept them together as a team and look how they've repaid him. I'd package a 1st, more picks and a player at the draft for Chychrun and the same for Fowler. The only D I want returning are Seider, Walman, Edvinsson. Chiarot, Holl, Maata will get you a few mid-level draft picks that can be packaged. Let Ghost walk, let Sprong walk. Offer Perron a coaching job. Buyout Petry and Husso. Go with Lyon/Cossa next season. Ugh this is too much. I'll go to the off-season thread.

It is a lot to handle...I'll be honest in saying that I hope the Wings get their a$$e$ handed to them on this road trip so we don't have any more false hope...Just get it over with instead of a long painful drawn out ending...