• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Y19

3/28 GDT Wings @ Hurricanes (7:30pm EDT)

Rate this topic

Morning Coffee hot take(delayed by stupid work)

We have mid range players with some young talent(mo, raymond not including simon as he needs a whole season for full judgment)

We have a new head coach trying to implement a successful system he has experience in. That system is blessed with an outstanding front(Stamkos, Kuch,Point), outstanding D(Hedman,Sergachev), outstanding goalie(Vasilevskiy)

We were shown in the 0-7 streak none of the young guns or current vets had the nutsack to inspire/demand/focus the group to win. I will say Raymond did show some signs. IMHO that means the coaching staff should have been the driving force. Either by cutting ice time/sitting/bag skating/public humiliation whatever but the buck stops at them. Like him or hate him Torts would have gotten a win or 2 in that streak in my opinion. 

We have a lot of holes to fix and let's be honest we have had dog crap luck in the lottery.  So we need to patchwork a team somehow that mimics Tampa via UFA if we want to continue the current path. Perhaps the system in GR which is showing life for that team and the kids coming up give us the ability to ADJUST the Tampa system to match those players skill level.  Maybe we figure out a way to have 4 lines that it doesn't matter who is on the ice they defend and can score. Plus have a goalie that fixes the ooops that happen during a game.  I think Lyon hasn't been all that bad nor Riemer they are simply backup/journey men goalies not superstars or solid starters. 

Issue is now how do you plug holes make adjustments and get this team back to the playoffs? Problem also is TWO wins more in Dec and TWO more  in Jan we would be sitting at 87 points tied for WC1 and we all would be happy as pig in sh*t.

So is this a team that once they lose they sulk vs getting pissed and the losing begins to snowball? Is this due to a coach not being able to fire up the team?

12 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

We have mid range players with some young talent(mo, raymond not including simon as he needs a whole season for full judgment)

We have a new head coach trying to implement a successful system he has experience in. That system is blessed with an outstanding front(Stamkos, Kuch,Point), outstanding D(Hedman,Sergachev), outstanding goalie(Vasilevskiy)

We were shown in the 0-7 streak none of the young guns or current vets had the nutsack to inspire/demand/focus the group to win. I will say Raymond did show some signs. IMHO that means the coaching staff should have been the driving force. Either by cutting ice time/sitting/bag skating/public humiliation whatever but the buck stops at them. Like him or hate him Torts would have gotten a win or 2 in that streak in my opinion. 

We have a lot of holes to fix and let's be honest we have had dog crap luck in the lottery.  So we need to patchwork a team somehow that mimics Tampa via UFA if we want to continue the current path. Perhaps the system in GR which is showing life for that team and the kids coming up give us the ability to ADJUST the Tampa system to match those players skill level.  Maybe we figure out a way to have 4 lines that it doesn't matter who is on the ice they defend and can score. Plus have a goalie that fixes the ooops that happen during a game.  I think Lyon hasn't been all that bad nor Riemer they are simply backup/journey men goalies not superstars or solid starters. 

Issue is now how do you plug holes make adjustments and get this team back to the playoffs? Problem also is TWO wins more in Dec and TWO more  in Jan we would be sitting at 87 points tied for WC1 and we all would be happy as pig in sh*t.

So is this a team that once they lose they sulk vs getting pissed and the losing begins to snowball? Is this due to a coach not being able to fire up the team?

Petry/Chiarot.  AGAIN - This is not some giant mystery.  2 players need to go. We are a playoff team if Edvinsson, ASP, and Johansson replace Chiarot, Petry, and Gost.  We have a GM problem right now.  He needs to fix his mess.

5 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

DeBrincat, Chiarot, Petry, Copp, Sprong, Fabbri, Husso, Compher, and Perron had moments  where they underperformed  throughout the year - especially during Larkin's absence.

IMHO it's these vets that should've risen to the occasion.

Dcat started off fine and has gotten progressively worse. Derek moved him around on the PP which didnt help, but his manlove with Kane should fixed him at some point. IDK what bagel bosses issue is. Hes the new Zadina. 

Chiarot is really not as bad as Scott would tell you. He was a total beast in MTL because they let him run around and play super aggressive while Weber anchored the pairing. Thats why I originally thought hed be awesome with Mo. But its clear Derek is never going to let him play like that. So hes kinda just a meh minute eater now.

SY should have been smarter about Petry. Pens and Habs were playing hot potato with him cause they knew he was cooked. And he is. But again Derek pounded the table for him and SY trusted his coach...

Copp is much like Chiarot IMO. Really not that bad, and playing more of a defensive role than he did with the Rags. That helps take a lot pressure off Larkin. I think folks just dont like the contract.

Sprong is Sprong. I like what hes brought for the contract. Same with Fischer and Fabbri, when Fabs is healthy.

Perron is just getting old. He was great last year.

Husso is another casuality on Yzermans endless goalie carousel. Watch Lyon suffer the same fate next year.

Compher is a total G and is really good.

But yes you would think these vets could step up in times of need. But middle of the pack players need stars to lead them, or at the bare minimum a better coach.

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

None of the middle of the packers (most of the team) have the cache to truly lead the room. Whether they tried to step up or not. That much is proven by exhibit A at this point. 

Raymond and Seider are too young and green still to carry that respect as well.

Its obvious the players look to Larkin as the big dog in the room, so his absence is devestating to morale. Now we are just spiraling without any confidence. Team has quit at this point and cant/wont pull itself out. 

In Larkins absence, firing up and inspiring this team should fall on Derek. He either failed to grab those reins, or whatever he tried did not take. Either way, he doesnt have a good grip on the dynamics of his room. 

Derek is kill

Ha. I just checked the box score from last night.

Derek played Petry - by far the worst Dman on this team - more minutes than Seider - by far the best Dman on this team - last night. In a must win game. 

This is your coach folks. It's almost unbelievable at this point. 

I feel bad for Holl. Guy cant even get into the lineup while Petry gets awarded more and more ice time for making terrible passes and puck watching while it goes into the back of the net. 

Whats Yzerman even supposed to do? Buyout the guy his coach plays like hes top4 material? 

This is fuqqing sad at this point. Im more than suspicious that Derek isnt even this dumb... hes playing Petry to try and cover his own ass. The ass that pushed SY to acquire this guy. If thats at all the case then hes actively hurting his team to protect his own job. Babs and Bowman were ego driven too... but not dumb enough to accept losing to protect it. 

No matter which way u cut it Derek is dumbest fuqq in hockeytown. Bring back Blash.