• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

Caps vs Rags

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Do you guys feel like the Wings would have faired any better against the Rags?  I feel like we would have been humiliated just like the caps.

IMHO we would have needed  Lyon playing like vintage Hasek 94 - 99 to make up for the D mistakes which are magnified in playoffs. I don't think physically we can put a hurting on anyone and Cat or RayRay getting thumped by Rempe would not have been pretty. Us wining would be dependent which team showed up. The lack of defensive awareness team or the gritty never say die the last 2 weeks of the season team. 

This is simply my opinion and like Aholes everyone has one. 

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I don't think physically we can put a hurting on anyone and Cat or RayRay getting thumped by Rempe would not have been pretty.

I don’t think Rempe would have seen much ice time against those two

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

IMHO we would have needed  Lyon playing like vintage Hasek 94 - 99 to make up for the D mistakes which are magnified in playoffs. I don't think physically we can put a hurting on anyone and Cat or RayRay getting thumped by Rempe would not have been pretty. Us wining would be dependent which team showed up. The lack of defensive awareness team or the gritty never say die the last 2 weeks of the season team. 

This is simply my opinion and like Aholes everyone has one. 

I think eveyone knows the Prez Trophy Rags would have whooped us bad. It wouldve been embarrassing. But 4 or 5 playoff games would have been somewhat descent expierence for the team. 

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I don’t think Rempe would have seen much ice time against those two

Trouba would have put the hurt on them. 

56 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Trouba would have put the hurt on them. 

Speaking of him, saw the lines and he seems to be playing third pair for the >rags. Pretty expensive third pair defenseman. I know he got the C but you think theres a chance >rags might wanna trade him with retention? Two years left with costing them 8m a year.

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Speaking of him, saw the lines and he seems to be playing third pair for the >rags. Pretty expensive third pair defenseman. I know he got the C but you think theres a chance >rags might wanna trade him with retention? Two years left with costing them 8m a year.

Thought about this the other day. I dont think theyd retain, and its the NTC that Trouba has that concerns me. But I have friends who played with Trouba growing up and they used to say he was always a homebody mamas boy. So maybe hed waive to come home. 

NYR has to clear a lot of cap this offseason. Like 8-10 million so moving Trouba would accomplish that perfectly.