I was all excited about him coming back. Now after watching him I dont know what all of the hype was about. He looks like the same player we put on waivers. I am hoping that the streak and his return are unrelated, and that I am being a typical overanalytical wings fan.
He definitely isn't the reason for our recent struggles. But, he hasn't looked very good at all though. I'm guessing he gets 2 games.
Here's a question...I hate the guy, but would any of you rather have traded the first for Steve Downie directly? I'd still take Quincey, but not by much.
19. Jakub Kindl 21. Tuukka Rask 24. TJ Oshie 33. James Neal 35. Marc-Edouard Vlasic 41. Ondrej Pavelec 42. Justin Abdelkader 44. Paul Stastny (this one hurts) 51. Mason Raymond 62. Kristopher Letang (this too...) 72. Jonathan Quick 79. Cody Franson
80. Alex Rappold 85. Ben Bishop 87. Marc-Andre Gragnani 96. Chris Butler 101. Jared Boll 103. Mattias Ritola 105. Keith Yandle 108. Niklas Hjalmarsson
132. Darren Helm (perfect pick!) 137. Johan Ryno 142. Nathan Gerbe (I thought we were the ones to take chances on small players) 175. Juho Mielonen 190. Matt D'Agostini 214. Bretton Stamler 222. Kyle Cumiskey 230. Patric Hornqvist (last pick...Detroit style)
41. Cory Emmerton 44. Nikolai Kulemin 46. Jhonas Enroth
47. Shawn Matthias 50. Milan Lucic (maybe we'd trade him for Bertuzzi anyways) 62. Dick Axelsson 63. Jamie McBain 69. Steve Mason 71. Brad Marchand 72. Cal Clutterbuck
92. Daniel Larsson 99. James Reimer 112. Matt Beleskey 161. Viktor Stalberg
30. Thomas McCollum 31. Jacob Markstrom (ouch...one pick later) 38. Roman Josi 45. Zac Dalpe 51. Derek Stepan 60. Jimmy Hayes
91. Max Nicastro 93. Braden Holtby
121. Gustav Nyquist (looks like he has the best potential)
The picks from now on are too hard to tell.
32. Landon Ferraro 33. Ryan O'Reilly (really big loss here) 35. Kyle Clifford 46. Robin Lehner
60. Tomas Tatar (looks like a good pick)
Rest of the draft is too hard to tell. Need to wait a few more years. Same thing with 2010 and 2011 draft classes.
All in all, we've drafted pretty well since the lockout. Looking back, we've definitely passed on quite a few gritty players for skill players that never panned out though. But, you could just as easily look at it the other way for a lot of teams; they've passed on skilled players for gritty players that never make it to the show.
It's all a crapshoot. But, I like our stable with Nyquist, Tatar, Smith, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, etc.
See, you started well talking about Flip, but then veered OT talking about Franzen and lost everyone.....yes, you are correct he is our 3rd/4th forward in terms of skill/points. In terms of effort he is more like 12th/13th. If he put in half as much effort as Dats/Flip/Helm etc he would be an all-star.
Exactly. Most of us complain about Franzen because we know he's talented enough to produce much more. If he really wanted to, he could be an elite player in the regular season as well. Instead he tends to float for long stretches and looks bored. Even tonight, he didn't do much until the end of the third period when things got interesting.
Based on past history though, I'm sure he'll win us over in the playoffs.
Sorry I made a spelling error. I wasn't informed that I was participating in an online spelling b. I guess if I was you and had no comeback I would probably have to make a pathetic attack. I'm sure you triumph my bachelors degree and probably make 7 figures too hey? Let's keep this about discussing hockey alright? I have to be professional all day at work, I don't need that s*** here. <----- God, I am really going to contradict myself in this thread...... Oh well, I'm the f***ing man
Trump? And if you're going to brag about your education, it might be worthwhile to put the apostrophe in "bachelor's degree". And the cents don't count as part of the seven figures. Besides, who actually says stuff like that?
It's sad that this country's in a state where its self-proclaimed professionals have so little humility and intelligence left. Then again, you do seem to share a lot of the same qualities as most investment bankers.