• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings3:16

Top Ten Red Wings Goals (of the modern era)

Rate this topic

Top 10 Link

Scroll down under "featured" and check it out. It is the top 10 wings goals in the modern era.

The Lidstrom goal is pretty sweet--I hadn't seen that one before.

Of course, I agree with the #1 goal...I think that Turco's jock strap is still hanging in the rafters.

PS. Did anyone check out ESPN sportscenter this morning--my heart nearly stopped when Barry Melrose not only said the Wings were the best team in the league but also he expected the Wings to win the cup--shocker on his part.

Edited by umredwing11

Okay, I'll say this right now... Z's current goal is overrated. NO DISRESPECT.

Youre overrated.... <_< (kidding)

But i still like this one for top 10

Top 10 Link

PS. Did anyone check out ESPN sportscenter this morning--my heart nearly stopped when Barry Melrose not only said the Wings were the best team in the league but also he expected the Wings to win the cup--shocker on his part.

Didn't see it, but I think that his dealings with the Lightning soothed his wounds with the WIngs. I don't think we will see the terrible biased antagonism that we've seen in the past. Now if the Lightning ever get it together..........

Yeah I actually just saw that. What's up with the guy at the beginning saying Zetterberg's shortie should've counted? I didn't actually see the game soan insight would be appreciated.

The puck bounced into the netting in the Wing's zone, which should have stopped the play. Seconds later Z got the puck and broke to the other end and scored. The broadcaster has the facts straight, but I don't like how dismissive he is about it... Every team gets good and bad bounces, the difference is how you play when it happens. You pounce on the chances and ignore the bad breaks. That's the game.

The puck bounced into the netting in the Wing's zone, which should have stopped the play. Seconds later Z got the puck and broke to the other end and scored. The broadcaster has the facts straight, but I don't like how dismissive he is about it... Every team gets good and bad bounces, the difference is how you play when it happens. You pounce on the chances and ignore the bad breaks. That's the game.

Dude you should be happy they even showed the Red Wings on TSN they never do unless the wings score an amazing goal or they play and get beat by a Canadian team.

Okay, I'll say this right now... Z's current goal is overrated. NO DISRESPECT.

in which way.. ?

Here's Zetterbergs Top 10.

And here's the youtube of the Top 10 Red Wings goals, which I also captured.

Edited by DayWalk3r

Wow talk about Karma. I believe it was about 365 days ago when San Jose shot the puck into the netting and the Wings believed the play to be dead and the Sharks scored on that play. It was part of their 10 game win streak.

Wow talk about Karma. I believe it was about 365 days ago when San Jose shot the puck into the netting and the Wings believed the play to be dead and the Sharks scored on that play. It was part of their 10 game win streak.

This.

First thought in my head was back to that play, and this time we got the bonus.

How in the hell is Yzerman's double OT goal against the Blue's in the 1996 playoffs not on there??? That may be the most memorable Yzerman goal I can think of.

lol at 'whoomp there it is' :lol:

Modern era? seriously? With Ysebaert(sp)? My guess is, they just wanted to have a couple Stevie Y goals and they had to go back to that one.

I guess I would consider a "modern era" equal to 10 years or so, not 16+.

Modern era=what happens since I've been a fan. :lol:

lol at 'whoomp there it is' :lol:

Stevie's was #1 at the time. What a weight off the shoulders. I think every Wings fan jumped higher then even The Captain did. I know I did.

#2 "Modern Era" fav only behind Mac's nail in the coffin against Philly.