• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Cup Finals as seen through Star Wars

Rate this topic

Actually, I perfer this analogy utilizing the Star Wars Trilogy:

Games 1 and 2 were like the first movie, the good guys win, everybody feels good at the end.

Games 3 and 4 were like the second movie, the bad guys emerge victorious at the end and everything liiks bleak for the good guys.

Let's hope that games 5 and 6 are like the third movie, we finish the bad guys off once and for all.

At the risk of souding nerdy, but from the outside Mellon Arena kind of looks like half of the Death Star sticking out of the ground. Red 5, I'm goin' in!

Go Red Wings

Actually, I perfer this analogy utilizing the Star Wars Trilogy:

Games 1 and 2 were like the first movie, the good guys win, everybody feels good at the end.

Games 3 and 4 were like the second movie, the bad guys emerge victorious at the end and everything liiks bleak for the good guys.

Let's hope that games 5 and 6 are like the third movie, we finish the bad guys off once and for all.

At the risk of souding nerdy, but from the outside Mellon Arena kind of looks like half of the Death Star sticking out of the ground. Red 5, I'm goin' in!

Go Red Wings

Hmm. Hossa will come out of his hibernation sickness? Hudler will score a goal with a slingshot like a good Ewok? Ozzie will use the Force to clear pucks away from the net?

Sounds good to me.

Yubnub, eee chop yubnub;

ah toe meet toe peechee keene g'noop dock fling oh ah.

The Emperor = Mike Babcock

Don't bother adjusting your matchups or changing your strategy. He's already foreseen your moves and countered them in advance. Now he's going to make you watch as he destroys your pitiful band of rebels.

:lol:

Hmmm...I always think of Sydney Crosby as a type of Anakin Skywalker figure, a spoiled brat with all sorts of talent, someone who just isn't ready to be a Master. Malkin could be thought of as Darth Maul, as I have heard some people say he isn't exactly the most attractive person but has some good skills. Gary Bettman can be thought of as the Emperor. For some reason, I always think of Pavel as a Yoda-type figure with all of his awesome moves. You shouldn't judge him by his size. Maltby could be thought of as C-3PO, as I have heard that he just doesn't shut up, even to his own teammates. Hank just looks like a younger Obi-Wan. That's all I can think of...lol!