• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Err0rB0Y4o4

PROPOSAL: Wings should trade for Cole

Rate this topic

This is gonna raise hell... but that's why I'm here.

Zetterberg has elevated his game to a completely new level this season and he's got so much potential it would be stupid not to give him more icetime next year. Zetterberg is a natural center, but the Wings already got Lang, Datsyuk and Draper at that position. I'm convinced that Zetterberg is ready to be no. 2 behind Lang if paired with a couple of solid wingers that could create some space for him and keep their stick on the ice. It's time to trade Datsyuk and watch Zetterberg fly! Zetterberg is this team's future not Datsyuk and Zetterberg is best at center. Datsyuk for Cole and a first pick. Wings go on and draft a top ten physical winger in this years draft (whenever that is).

I agree between the two Zetterberg has the brighter future as an impact player. That said I'd rather have them both. biggrin.gif Though if the right deal came around (I'm not sold on a Cole + pick deal) I'd consider it.

peace

I'm not so sure Zetterberg will be able fully reach his potential playing LW. I agree Datsyuk might be able to fetch us something better than Cole + pick. Not sure what though.

I'm not so sure Zetterberg will be able fully reach his potential playing LW. I agree Datsyuk might be able to fetch us something better than Cole + pick. Not sure what though.

We could always toss Datsyuk onto the wing. Give him a bit more offensive freedom without the Center duties.

As for another trade option... I'm drawing a blank as well right now. I'd love to get Modin, but I doubt Tampa is letting him loose and they are center heavy with Lecavalier and Richards already.

peace

We could always toss Datsyuk onto the wing. Give him a bit more offensive freedom without the Center duties.

As for another trade option... I'm drawing a blank as well right now. I'd love to get Modin, but I doubt Tampa is letting him loose and they are center heavy with Lecavalier and Richards already.

peace

Modin is playing with Zetterberg in Sweden right now. Modin has been anything but impressive though. Mark Bell perhaps?

We could always toss Datsyuk onto the wing.  Give him a bit more offensive freedom without the Center duties. 

As for another trade option... I'm drawing a blank as well right now.  I'd love to get Modin, but I doubt Tampa is letting him loose and they are center heavy with Lecavalier and Richards already.

peace

Modin is playing with Zetterberg in Sweden right now. Modin has been anything but impressive though. Mark Bell perhaps?

Ah, Modin looked damn impressive in the NHL and the World Cup last season. You'd know better than me how he's been playing this year. His numbers didn't look too bad. Hank has been crazy good though.

Bell works, though with Arnason and Ruuttu there is also a logjam at the 1-2 center spot unless one of them can move over.

peace

keep zetty...hes got a future

datsyuk....BLAH

the red wings are stanley cup contenders every year since 1995

now

look at datsyuks scoring stats these past few years

THERES ALMOST NOTHING

wings need players who can elevate their game ESPECIALLY in the playoffs...daysuk...who got a crap load of points in the 2004 season got nothing in the playoffs..maybe a goal or two and some assists...but thats not enough

lets face one thing

even though we got zetty

WE NEED FEDOROV BACK

PLEASE COME BACK MR RUSSIAN MAN! WE NEED U!!!!

keep zetty...hes got a future

datsyuk....BLAH

the red wings are stanley cup contenders every year since 1995

now

look at datsyuks scoring stats these past few years

THERES ALMOST NOTHING

wings need players who can elevate their game ESPECIALLY in the playoffs...daysuk...who got a crap load of points in the 2004 season got nothing in the playoffs..maybe a goal or two and some assists...but thats not enough

lets face one thing

even though we got zetty

WE NEED FEDOROV BACK

PLEASE COME BACK MR RUSSIAN MAN! WE NEED U!!!!

The last time I checked, Datsyuk has only been in the NHL for 3 seasons. I think he'll be just fine. My only question is when did he become expendable. I know he kinda stumbled in the playoffs, but so did most of our scorers (he was still tied for third in points on the team with 6). So now we have to get rid of him?! I think not.

And Fedorov didn't do a whole helluva lot of good against the Ducks the prior season, did he?

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

Cole would be good, but I wouldnt trade datsyuk for him. I'd trade datsyuk if the right deal came along, but I'd rather keep him. Switching Datsyuk to wing and having Zetterberg play Center intrigues me.

Cole would be good, but I wouldnt trade datsyuk for him. I'd trade datsyuk if the right deal came along, but I'd rather keep him. Switching Datsyuk to wing and having Zetterberg play Center intrigues me.

Datsyuk as a winger would be a mistake.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard
Datsyuk as a winger would be a mistake.

How do you know? I for one, like the idea of giving him less defensive responsibility.

How do you know? I for one, like the idea of giving him less defensive responsibility.

The guy is a natural center, much like Zetterberg he's a guy that creates for his teammates. Moving either to the wing hurts their game by limiting their options. Datsyuk probably even more so than Zetterberg IMO.

Anyway, this is why I want to trade Datsyuk. There's no room for Lang, Zetterberg AND Datsyuk at center. Keeping them all is a waste of talent. That's why I'd like to trade Datsyuk to address a need in this organization -a young powerforward with scoring ability.

A 40 point guy who gives it his all EVERY shift, a leader on and off the ice, your right, why would we ever want him? A player like Cole would be a more than welcome on this hockey team. It won't ever happen because Illitch and Karmanos would never trade with each other, but my god, he has value and plenty of it.

The Wings seem to like overpaid old guys, that don't play any defense ie. Hull, Robitaile

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You're right, Jay.  Holland loves his vets.  Kronwall and Abdelkader killed us tonight, but Holland wants them around.

Tiesgo2vets right?

Edited by kliq

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You're right, Jay.  Holland loves his vets.  Kronwall and Abdelkader killed us tonight, but Holland wants them around.

I hate to say it, but I'm looking forward to Kronwall hanging them up. I'll never wish injury on a player, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if Kronner missed some (most) games this season. He's nowhere near the level of player he used to be. He had some atrocious giveaways last night (every night), in particular, on that second goal.

I'm okay with Abdelkader on the team, as long as he plays a limited role (4th line / penalty kill). Unfortunately, I don't see that happening...