• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
USAFWingedWheel

Who's Andy Delmore,

Rate this topic

Yet again, saying they are cutting down on obstruction and doing it are 2 different things. They've said that in the past before too. None the less, we cannot afford talented players who are tough. Everybody from here on out has a serious problem is some aspect of their game. I would love to have talented tough guys, but we have to be realistic. Brown has good leadership qualities too, which is never a bad thing. I'm not saying Brown has all the answers, but he's an option and a good one at that.

If he has such great leadership qualities, why did the Wild name him Captain and then trade him. You don't just trade your C unless things aren't working out. It wasn't because he was going to be asking for too much money! If you are with Minnesota and things aren't working out, then you have some serious concerens.

When was Delmore named captain of anything? Your argument makes no sense. If you want to know the reason why Brown was expendable, it's because they already had Alex Henry and Willie Mitchell back there. If we had ONE mean D-Man with size, I'd be somewhat happy, we have none.

I was talking about Brown being captain of the Wild. When your input is asked for by those who makes decisions, what makes you happy will matter. I've been reading your posts for a while and all you want to do is complain about decisions that are made and expect that your oppinions should be taken into account by Holland and Illitch. Get over yourself and give the people who have brought us some cups the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing.

Shut the board down then.....no one is allowed to doscuss the Red Wings unless you cheerlead and drink the koolaid. Attn forum: Unless you're a Red Wing Homer, like Liddy, you can't have an opinion. rolleyes.gif Typical homer who doesn't understand that it wasn't Holland who brought us the cups....it was Jim Devellano, Bryan Murray and even Scotty Bowman (He acquired Shanny) that built this team. Holland was haded the keys, and did everything to screw this up, but because the Wings were so deep and the foundation so solid, nothing happened. But since you started watching hockey in 2001/2002, I wouldn't expect you to get that. Lastly, I do complain, myself and others took alot of heat when we said Detroit would lose in the playoffs because they were too finesse, to soft. I think we were proven right, all I ask is that Holland address this issue like he said he would. Now you can go back to being a homer, thanks!

Yet again, saying they are cutting down on obstruction and doing it are 2 different things. They've said that in the past before too. None the less, we cannot afford talented players who are tough. Everybody from here on out has a serious problem is some aspect of their game. I would love to have talented tough guys, but we have to be realistic. Brown has good leadership qualities too, which is never a bad thing. I'm not saying Brown has all the answers, but he's an option and a good one at that.

If he has such great leadership qualities, why did the Wild name him Captain and then trade him. You don't just trade your C unless things aren't working out. It wasn't because he was going to be asking for too much money! If you are with Minnesota and things aren't working out, then you have some serious concerens.

When was Delmore named captain of anything? Your argument makes no sense. If you want to know the reason why Brown was expendable, it's because they already had Alex Henry and Willie Mitchell back there. If we had ONE mean D-Man with size, I'd be somewhat happy, we have none.

I was talking about Brown being captain of the Wild. When your input is asked for by those who makes decisions, what makes you happy will matter. I've been reading your posts for a while and all you want to do is complain about decisions that are made and expect that your oppinions should be taken into account by Holland and Illitch. Get over yourself and give the people who have brought us some cups the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing.

Shut the board down then.....no one is allowed to doscuss the Red Wings unless you cheerlead and drink the koolaid. Attn forum: Unless you're a Red Wing Homer, like Liddy, you can't have an opinion. rolleyes.gif Typical homer who doesn't understand that it wasn't Holland who brought us the cups....it was Jim Devellano, Bryan Murray and even Scotty Bowman (He acquired Shanny) that built this team. Holland was haded the keys, and did everything to screw this up, but because the Wings were so deep and the foundation so solid, nothing happened. But since you started watching hockey in 2001/2002, I wouldn't expect you to get that. Lastly, I do complain, myself and others took alot of heat when we said Detroit would lose in the playoffs because they were too finesse, to soft. I think we were proven right, all I ask is that Holland address this issue like he said he would. Now you can go back to being a homer, thanks!

It's one thing to discuss, it's another thing to just complain about everything. I have never seen you happy. When it comes down to it, Holland makes the decisions. Illitch has given him the reigns. Bryan Murray, give me a break. I will give you that the names you mentioned are VERY important, but Murray please!

People getting their panties in a bunch all because of a rumor? NO! that could never happen! Hey Barnes, I heard we traded Chelios for a feather pillow and Babcock is going to institute a no hitting rule for the team. We're gonna have a play nice policy.

Have you ever played? Do you know how the game works? Do you know how the game is going to work? I have been playing hockey for over 20 years and watching it for just as long. I know and have been through seasons of being terrible, not just early playoff exits. You just think you are entitled to a team that wins. Sorry buddy, it doesn't work that way.

People getting their panties in a bunch all because of a rumor? NO! that could never happen! Hey Barnes, I heard we traded Chelios for a feather pillow and Babcock is going to institute a no hitting rule for the team. We're gonna have a play nice policy.

biggrin.gif Typical Holland....

It's one thing to discuss, it's another thing to just complain about everything. I have never seen you happy. When it comes down to it, Holland makes the decisions. Illitch has given him the reigns. Bryan Murray, give me a break. I will give you that the names you mentioned are VERY important, but Murray please!

Look at his drafts while he was here. Devellano deserves the most credit.

Shut the board down then.....no one is allowed to doscuss the Red Wings unless you cheerlead and drink the koolaid.  Attn forum:  Unless you're a Red Wing Homer, like Liddy, you can't have an opinion.  rolleyes.gif Typical homer who doesn't understand that it wasn't Holland who brought us the cups....it was Jim Devellano, Bryan Murray and even Scotty Bowman (He acquired Shanny) that built this team.  Holland was haded the keys, and did everything to screw this up, but because the Wings were so deep and the foundation so solid, nothing happened.  But since you started watching hockey in 2001/2002, I wouldn't expect you to get that.  Lastly, I do complain, myself and others took alot of heat when we said Detroit would lose in the playoffs because they were too finesse, to soft.  I think we were proven right, all I ask is that Holland address this issue like he said he would.  Now you can go back to being a homer, thanks!

Have you ever played? Do you know how the game works? Do you know how the game is going to work? I have been playing hockey for over 20 years and watching it for just as long. I know and have been through seasons of being terrible, not just early playoff exits. You just think you are entitled to a team that wins. Sorry buddy, it doesn't work that way.

What does playing have to do with anything? I've preached the same song since I've been on this board. All Holland has to do is address this issue and I'm fine. It's so easy to do also, there are guys sitting out there for nothing. Look at this team from 2003/04 and tell me you think they're ready to compete for a Cup, given what our competition has done. You can't. By the way, Yzerman, McCarty, Devellano, Lewis and Kocur agree with me that Detroit needs to get more grittier and needs more North/South type players. I think they played the game, do you count their opinion rolleyes.gif

Murray was a great GM and had vision. He had a key role in building the 90s Red Wings team. As a GM, he had two flaws: His team wasn't good enough defensively, but was on the verge with Lidstrom and Konstantinov settling in, but most importatntly, with a roster deep in young talent a prospects, the best goalie he could get at the 94 deadline was Essensa. This cost him his job. And he was a poor head coach.

Now back on topic. I say the Delmore thing is just Eklund rumor. No one else will be signed until the UFAs get taken care of.

I should mention that Andy Delmore went to my high school, his picture is up in the hall. I know he played a bit with Buffalo last season, but truly did not fit into the system, and was traded later in the year.

this is a hell of a lot more entertaining than looking over Ford.com #'s.. keep it up fellas. its making the work day fly 

LOL, I know what you mean. Only 4 more hours here and I'm free!!!!

From what I've seen, Redwingscentral.com is usually pretty up to date with the lesser player signings, and they don't have anything yet.

Shut the board down then.....no one is allowed to doscuss the Red Wings unless you cheerlead and drink the koolaid.  Attn forum:  Unless you're a Red Wing Homer, like Liddy, you can't have an opinion.  rolleyes.gif Typical homer who doesn't understand that it wasn't Holland who brought us the cups....it was Jim Devellano, Bryan Murray and even Scotty Bowman (He acquired Shanny) that built this team.  Holland was haded the keys, and did everything to screw this up, but because the Wings were so deep and the foundation so solid, nothing happened.  But since you started watching hockey in 2001/2002, I wouldn't expect you to get that.  Lastly, I do complain, myself and others took alot of heat when we said Detroit would lose in the playoffs because they were too finesse, to soft.  I think we were proven right, all I ask is that Holland address this issue like he said he would.  Now you can go back to being a homer, thanks!

What does playing have to do with anything? I've preached the same song since I've been on this board. All Holland has to do is address this issue and I'm fine. It's so easy to do also, there are guys sitting out there for nothing. Look at this team from 2003/04 and tell me you think they're ready to compete for a Cup, given what our competition has done. You can't. By the way, Yzerman, McCarty, Devellano, Lewis and Kocur agree with me that Detroit needs to get more grittier and needs more North/South type players. I think they played the game, do you count their opinion rolleyes.gif

Playing the games equals knowing how the game moves. I don't know as much about baseball as I do about hockey because I didn't play much. There is nothing wrong with tough and gritty, it is needed. But what this whole thing was about was Brad Brown being a better signing than Andy Delmore just because Brown is a big goon. What good is bringing a tough guy into the mix, if he can't play hockey? Tough is good, but it will never take the place of talent. I'm not saying that Delmore is the most talented player available, but if it turns out to be true, it's better then signing some one with out offensive or defensive skills just because they weigh 225lbs.

this is a hell of a lot more entertaining than looking over Ford.com #'s.. keep it up fellas. its making the work day fly smile.gif

ahahahahahahaa.....know what you mean, nothing like watching people beat eachother over a eklund rumor.....

i still don't understand why we signed a bootom feeding d-man unless we pay him with pucks and hot wings....our defense is pretty decent after we get kronwall...unless he's a GR player with a 2 way contract...

Hockey-Leaks is reporting that we signed Delmore too.

I also saw it reported on an ESPN message board a couple days ago, saying that the Wings signed him Thursday afternoon, but I didn't believe it. I asked for a source, and got no reply. Also, concerning Delmore, I believe he had a hat trick for Philly in the playoffs a couple years ago, but I imagine somebody already mentioned this.

Not a huge fan of this signing either. I mean, I definately like having a ton of fast, mobile, puck moving defensemen w/ the new rule changes, but we already did have a ton.

Oh well, at least we'll be able to put him on the ice, as opposed to Brad Brown. Not terrible interested in having BOTH Schneider and Lidstrom playing 30 minutes a game b/c we've got a guy we can't put out there w/o crossing our fingers and praying.

Not a huge fan of this signing either. I mean, I definately like having a ton of fast, mobile, puck moving defensemen w/ the new rule changes, but we already did have a ton.

Oh well, at least we'll be able to put him on the ice, as opposed to Brad Brown. Not terrible interested in having BOTH Schneider and Lidstrom playing 30 minutes a game b/c we've got a guy we can't put out there w/o crossing our fingers and praying.

Maybe this signing (if it's true), is an attempt to replace Mathieu Dandenault, who I always felt was the Wings most underrated player.

Playing the games equals knowing how the game moves. I don't know as much about baseball as I do about hockey because I didn't play much. There is nothing wrong with tough and gritty, it is needed. But what this whole thing was about was Brad Brown being a better signing than Andy Delmore just because Brown is a big goon. What good is bringing a tough guy into the mix, if he can't play hockey? Tough is good, but it will never take the place of talent. I'm not saying that Delmore is the most talented player available, but if it turns out to be true, it's better then signing some one with out offensive or defensive skills just because they weigh 225lbs.

Shut up. If you were any kind of hockey player you would understand Brown's talent is worth just as much as Delmore's, depending on the team. Move on, everybody else has.

Poor replacement. At least Dandy could play SOME semblence of defense.

Oh well. Put Delmore w/ Lidstrom, and his crappiness won't matter. You could pair an orange pylon w/ Nick Lidstrom, and the pylon would be in the Norris running by the end of the season...

I really thought that Dandenault was becoming a very dependable defenceman in his last few years with Detroit, but I guess he grew up a Canadiens fan, so you can't exactly get upset at him for bolting to Montreal. Delmore was a fairly highly regarded offensive defenceman a couple years back, but his stock has dropped significantly, I'm pulling for him mostly because he's from my hometow.

Oh well. Put Delmore w/ Lidstrom, and his crappiness won't matter. You could pair an orange pylon w/ Nick Lidstrom, and the pylon would be in the Norris running by the end of the season...

lol, but then we'de have to pay $450,000 for a pylon. I checked the FA tracker, still nothing on him yet.