• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
USAFWingedWheel

Who's Andy Delmore,

Rate this topic

For all Hockey Einstein's, Tesla's & Edison's: If there is no need in the new NHL for goons and tough players why they HAVE:

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim: Fedoruk, Marshall

Calgary Flames: Simon, Wiemer, McCarty

Chicago Blackhawks: Lapointe, Cullimore, Barnaby, McCarthy, Vandermeer

Colorado Avalanche: Blake, Laperriere, Boughner, May, Sauer, Hinote, McCormick

Columbus Blue Jackets: Foote, Richardson, Wright, Klesla, Shelley, Westcott

Edmonton Oilers: Pronger, Peca, Smith, Staios, Moreau, Laraque, Ulanov, Harvey

Minnesota Wild: Mitchell, Nazarov, Henry, Ferguson

Nashville Predators: Tootoo, Nichol, Allison, Stevenson, Hordichuk

Phoenix Coyotes: O'Donnell, Ricci, Gauthier, Nash, Doull

San Jose Sharks: Hannan, McLaren, Thornton, Davison, Parker

St. Louis Blues: Salvador, Drake, Jackman, Low, Downey, Brewer

Vancouver Canucks: Bertuzzi, Jovanovski, Brookbank, Bouck

And this is only for the WESTERN conference...

Edited by Dominator2005

*stares slackjawed* Are you seriously trying to arguing that more than 10 of the guys on that list are GOONS? For god's sake man...we are not talking about bringing in Chris Pronger for 450k! We're talking about useless players who just fill in the 4th line and play 7-8 minutes a game.

*stares slackjawed* Are you seriously trying to arguing that more than 10 of the guys on that list are GOONS? For god's sake man...we are not talking about bringing in Chris Pronger for 450k! We're talking about useless players who just fill in the 4th line and play 7-8 minutes a game.

Didn't you said that in the NEW NHL there is no need for this kind of players?!?!

Then try to imagine what you said - You want Zetterberg and Datsyuk to start hitting... Hitting who??? Fedoruk, Shelley, Laraque???

And there is at least 1 true heavyweight in all these teams...

Sure... but we have Bootland and Shanahan and Chelios... blink.gif

I said nothing about there being no need for those type of players. I said there's no need for a Sandy McCarthy or Brad Brown. There's no need for players who can't be trusted to step on the ice w/o giving up a scoring chance. Almost every player on your list can play actual hockey.

To be honest, I'd rather trade for one of those guys than sign some of the names that have been thrown around.

I said nothing about there being no need for those type of players. I said there's no need for a Sandy McCarthy or Brad Brown. There's no need for players who can't be trusted to step on the ice w/o giving up a scoring chance. Almost every player on your list can play actual hockey.

To be honest, I'd rather trade for one of those guys than sign some of the names that have been thrown around.

Hope you know that at least 70% of these kind of players were actually available but we didn't done nothing (beside giving Schneider $6.6M)... So there is no excuse... We have to do something that will put us in position to play against these kind of teams... There is no many ''great'' players left... Simpson, Brown, LaCouture could help us at least in getting bigger and tougher but not invincible.

Edited by Dominator2005

I think this thread has gotten a little outta control. Let me point out I'm not lobbying for Brown or McCarthy, but any player who can fight well. At this point, I don't care if they can skate, but given their job, it really doesn't depend on it too much. I woulda loved to see a skilled foward with some toughness, but that's out the window, so I'll settle with a goon or anybody who will contribute physically.

I think this thread has gotten a little outta control. Let me point out I'm not lobbying for Brown or McCarthy, but any player who can fight well. At this point, I don't care if they can skate, but given their job, it really doesn't depend on it too much. I woulda loved to see a skilled foward with some toughness, but that's out the window, so I'll settle with a goon or anybody who will contribute physically.

Same here!!! lukevader.gif

"I'd rather take a chance on him then a guy who couldn't find his own defensive zone with a GPS system."

But you wanted Gratton? tongue.gif

No, I agree w/ you in principle there, but I still prefer to build from w/i the organization than pick off free agent scalps.

kocur: it'll deter some, and it'll encourage others. I think on the whole, it'll have a nil effect. And it isn't going to affect whether we win or lose games, either way.

I didn't necessarily want Gratton, to me, it was the principle. He was worth a gamble for sub 1mm, IMHO.

"I'd rather take a chance on him then a guy who couldn't find his own defensive zone with a GPS system."

No, I agree w/ you in principle there, but I still prefer to build from w/i the organization than pick off free agent scalps.

kocur: it'll deter some, and it'll encourage others. I think on the whole, it'll have a nil effect. And it isn't going to affect whether we win or lose games, either way.

I didn't necessarily want Gratton, to me, it was the principle. He was worth a gamble for sub 1mm, IMHO.

When there is 4-5 (this kind of players that we need left) - Gratton was good solution!!!!

Edited by Dominator2005

Chris Gratton's a lazy *****. if we brought him in, we'd need to bring in someone else to protect him.

He's a third liner at best, he needs no prection. He is pretty lazy, but in a 3rd line role he's a pretty good option. Depth foward with some toughness is all that his career will come to, and that's all we woulda expected outta him. He's nowhere near a enforcer or scoring foward. But that's another post altogethor.

Then try to imagine what you said - You want Zetterberg and Datsyuk to start hitting... Hitting who??? Fedoruk, Shelley, Laraque???

Datsyuk can be shifty bastard. I remember him hitting Ference and tearing up his knee. He also layed somebody else out, don't remember who, but they weren't expecting it outta him. However, constant hitting will never be part of his game. If he tried to make it that way, he'd be injured constantly. Zetterberg I've never seen hit anybody. However, you really don't want a bunch of your top minute guys fighting and getting dirty.

thumbup.gifcool.gifthumbup.gif

Sure... but we have Bootland and Shanahan and Chelios... blink.gif

bootland???-consistantly inconsistant

shanny- maybe 6 yrs ago...

chelios- he'll get knocked straight into a retirement house

...we don't have anyone that stands out as being a though guy, mac had the presence but it was slowly fadeing...all people remembered about him was march 26 1997 and thats what intimidated those that still rememberd...

Sure... but we have Bootland and Shanahan and Chelios...  blink.gif

...we don't have anyone that stands out as being a though guy, mac had the presence but it was slowly fadeing...all people remembered about him was march 26 1997 and thats what intimidated those that still rememberd...

It was sarcasm...

He's a third liner at best, he needs no prection. He is pretty lazy, but in a 3rd line role he's a pretty good option. Depth foward with some toughness is all that his career will come to, and that's all we woulda expected outta him. He's nowhere near a enforcer or scoring foward. But that's another post altogethor.

Datsyuk can be shifty bastard. I remember him hitting Ference and tearing up his knee. He also layed somebody else out, don't remember who, but they weren't expecting it outta him. However, constant hitting will never be part of his game. If he tried to make it that way, he'd be injured constantly. Zetterberg I've never seen hit anybody. However, you really don't want a bunch of your top minute guys fighting and getting dirty.

I don't want Datsyuk and Zetterberg start playing this kind of game... There a too small and they will get injured... If we had a big guys like Trent Hunter it would be another story. That's why I said we HAVE TO pick up someone who will do dirty jos for them...

Sure... but we have Bootland and Shanahan and Chelios...  blink.gif

It was sarcasm...

i realized it when it was too late wacko.gif

I don't want Datsyuk and Zetterberg start playing this kind of game... There a too small and they will get injured... If we had a big guys like Trent Hunter it would be another story. That's why I said we HAVE TO pick up someone who will do dirty jos for them...

Yeah, It sounded good in my head, but didn't tranfer to the keyboard well. I was agreeing that there's no way either will ever be physical.

why don't we just post bail for probert and put him back on ice...he'll sign for room and board....

lol, that would be fantastic. Hell, it would probably be good for him, there aren't any police offers to fight on the ice.