• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

daft_davy

Datsyuk for Redden?

Rate this topic

Why trade Datsyuk for Redden?

Redden makes like 3.75Mil. and he is a UFA next year.

This doesn't help the cap at all and just trades away one of our future forwards for a possible one year rental.

Datsyuk will sign in the neighborhood of 3Mil to 3.25mil, I wouldn't pay him anymore. And, if he says he wants Lang money, I'd tell him to go put up Lang numbers for at least 2 more years just the way Lang has.

But, if we have to trade Datsyuk, we have to get a player in return that will be part of the Wings long term future.

Why trade Datsyuk for Redden?

Redden makes like 3.75Mil. and he is a UFA next year.

This doesn't help the cap at all and just trades away one of our future forwards for a possible one year rental.

Datsyuk will sign in the neighborhood of 3Mil to 3.25mil, I wouldn't pay him anymore. And, if he says he wants Lang money, I'd tell him to go put up Lang numbers for at least 2 more years just the way Lang has.

But, if we have to trade Datsyuk, we have to get a player in return that will be part of the Wings long term future.

No trade would happen without an extension agreed upon (on both sides). Datsyuk is asking for more than Redden is making and at one year older than Pavel if we can lock Wade up he could be just as much a part of our future than Datsyuk (maybe moreso considering we're having issues signing Pavel up).

A defenseman wouldn't be my first choice to pull in via trade but he could be a nice part of a package (considering we might have to make room beyond what he have penciled in for Datsyuk).

peace