• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
darko99

Can Notre Dame upset the Trojans?

Rate this topic

the "chuck it to duckett" play.

HAHAHA! Again! This stuff is comedy GOLD!

You know, because at State each second on the clock counts as three, right?

I was gonna say...MSU didnt win that game in 2001, Eddie "Trigger Happy" Spartan won that one.

Watching those replays I love how Jeremy Leseuer (spelling is def. wrong) tries to jump ten feet in the air to get that pass while the rest of the Michigan defenders stood around and watched. Must have still been in shock from the BS play earlier.

Charlie Weis on the upcoming USC/Notre Dame game, "It's not hard to figure out what they do and how they do it. The hard part is stopping them from doing it."

I hope he's sandbagging, but I don't think he is. Hmm, maybe the Notre Dame fans can circle the

hotel Friday night and make so much noise that the players can't sleep like Pistons fans did to the Lakers in 04. laugh.gif

Memo to those waiting for SC to get beat. The only team that beats USC this year is USC. They are F------ LOADED! Pete Carroll is by far the best coach in college football. Remember, this is an NFL mind in a minor league (from the NFL). He knows how to rah-rah his kids.

You might want to UA 25-30 points at USC. No disrespect to the Cats. They can Bear Down on SC come basketball season.

It kind of makes me sick how everyone kisses their a$$ so much. They're not invincible - I say they lose at least a game in the regular season this year. It's easy to be undefeated if you play the Stanfords of the world every week. If USC played on the East Coast and had to play the three Florida teams every year (Miami, Florida, and FSU) they wouldn't go undefeated. Such are college schedules though....I'm pulling for anyone who plays against them so I don't have to hear about them anymore.....Go Wildcats! Go Irish!

Memo to those waiting for SC to get beat. The only team that beats USC this year is USC. They are F------ LOADED! Pete Carroll is by far the best coach in college football. Remember, this is an NFL mind in a minor league (from the NFL). He knows how to rah-rah his kids.

You might want to UA 25-30 points at USC. No disrespect to the Cats. They can Bear Down on SC come basketball season.

It kind of makes me sick how everyone kisses their a$$ so much. They're not invincible - I say they lose at least a game in the regular season this year. It's easy to be undefeated if you play the Stanfords of the world every week. If USC played on the East Coast and had to play the three Florida teams every year (Miami, Florida, and FSU) they wouldn't go undefeated. Such are college schedules though....I'm pulling for anyone who plays against them so I don't have to hear about them anymore.....Go Wildcats! Go Irish!

This may be a shock to you West Coast haters because the East Coast bias is in fact a TRUE factor the west coast teams have to fight against....but the PAC-10 conference has won more NCAA titles than any other conference in college. Quit hating on the west coast because our games aren't always on at noon or 3 in the afternoon. If our games even get televised late on Saturday for you west coast haters, stay up and watch them because their have been some great players come out of the Pac-10 in a lot of different sports. Basketball, football and baseball....not to mention the best golfer in the world Tiger Woods......a former Stanford Cardinal!

USC destroyed Oklahoma last year. They beat down Michigan the year before that. And I forget who they played in the bowl game the year before but they beat them down as well. They are legit and their is NO HYPE about them. They are the real deal.

Of course Notre Dame can upset USC, it's just a matter of will they?

They will need to fire on offense from the start and try to keep USC off the ball for as long as possible. Two weeks preparation for ND could be crucial, and I don't think the USC defensive co-ordinator will relish facing a Charlie Weis offense that's had two weeks to prepare for them!

It should be a good game, but if my life depended on it I'd be backing USC rolleyes.gif

I dont know how badly Reggie Bush was hurt v U of A but if he is healthy USC should win by at least 2 TDs and possibly more.

Its hard for fans to note this but as a player you sometimes play down to the level of your competition, which isnt always a good thing as you can get lulled to sleep and upset. I see this happen in all sports every year. Teams do not always bring their A game even when they are clearly the better team.

If USC brings its A game they will whip Notre Dame.

Guest Boss
I dont know how badly Reggie Bush was hurt v U of A but if he is healthy USC should win by at least 2 TDs and possibly more.

Its hard for fans to note this but as a player you sometimes play down to the level of your competition, which isnt always a good thing as you can get lulled to sleep and upset. I see this happen in all sports every year. Teams do not always bring their A game even when they are clearly the better team.

If USC brings its A game they will whip Notre Dame.

thumbup.gif .. Got to give my Wildcats props though. They hung tough for 3 quarters. We are going in the right direction. Makes me feel good. Brings back memories of my days in 98 when we competed. Ahh, the memories...

Also, if Bush plays, Notre Dame has NO chance. He is just plain sick. I have never seen a player do EVERYTHING so well.

I will also say that Matty L will not be a good pro QB in my opinion. He is going to be like Gino and the other QB's..

This one looks like its going to be ugly. USC should win this by 30+.

Bush is friggin unbelievable

Edit, you dont blow anyone out with those stupid penalties. Nice bounce back by the Irish.

Edited by gowingsgo

No matter what your TV says, I just witnessed the Irish BEAT the Trojans. That was the single worst officiating at the end of the game that I have seen in 20 years - and I'm no fan of the Irish. They just got screwed out of one the biggest wins in their history. I would be very angry if I was a Notre Dame fan. I will never be able to take USC seriously as national champs after that. Let's just hope someone else beats them so it doesn't come down to that. Very sad for college football. mad.gif

No matter what your TV says, I just witnessed the Irish BEAT the Trojans. That was the single worst officiating at the end of the game that I have seen in 20 years - and I'm no fan of the Irish. They just got screwed out of one the biggest wins in their history. I would be very angry if I was a Notre Dame fan. I will never be able to take USC seriously as national champs after that. Let's just hope someone else beats them so it doesn't come down to that. Very sad for college football. mad.gif

thumbup.gif

I guess you missed the Notre Dame 31 USC 28 time left 0:00 at the end there.

Notre Dame stopped them at the goal line - USC had no time outs left and the clock ran out as it should have. I guess the officials decided to give them one last chance.....

Maybe you don't like ND and you want them to lose - I don't usually pull for them either. But they got hosed on this one.

Notre Dame stopped them at the goal line - USC had no time outs left and the clock ran out as it should have. I guess the officials decided to give them one last chance.....

Maybe you don't like ND and you want them to lose - I don't usually pull for them either. But they got hosed on this one.

i guess you missed the fact that USC fumbled the ball out of bounds and in college football, if the ball is out of bounds..it stops the clock.

Edit: Sorry....i thought he picked up the first down and was down and then the ball went out of bounds. Looking at the reply again..it was clear that the ball went out of bounds.

Edited by timothy1997

The ball got fumbled out of bounds with 5 seconds left, so, it was infact the right call. (I'm not a fan of either team btw)

or what timothy1997 said.

and i hate SC even more for that greedy play at the end.

greedy play as in USC going for the win?

Edited by Heaton

Did you miss the fumble out of bounds? Now I'm no follower of football (the game happened to be on and I watched it), but I do believe that stops the clock.

peace

I'm not much of a football fan these days, much less a fan of ND or USC. But I did watch the game today. I have to say that was one of the best football games I've ever seen. Congrats to USC and kudos to ND - that was one hellava show!

Guest Boss

Nominee for the dumbest post ever!!!

The clock stops when the ball goes out of bounds.. They were not cheated, not even close. Even Weiss knew it.

The time keeper did not see the ball fly out of bounds like the officials. So, it is a dead ball with 7 seconds left on the clock.

GO LOOK IN THE RULE BOOK. I don't even like USC, but, ND did not get the shaft..

GO CHECK THE RULE BOOK, I WILL BET YOU ANY MONETARY AMOUNT THAT YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT THIS CALL.

I guess you missed the rules of football.

Guest Boss
ND got screwed........

and i hate SC even more for that greedy play at the end.

How was that greedy??

Pete said himself, that if they were to go to OT, he felt ND was going to win, so he wanted to either win or lose on his terms...

Go back to your on again off again bandwagon of your Michigan team.. Or better yet, until you are the age of a college student and ACTUALLY a student of the college, don't claim a team..

The clock stops when the ball goes out of bounds.. They were not cheated, not even close. Even Weiss knew it.

The time keeper did not see the ball fly out of bounds like the officials. So, it is a dead ball with 7 seconds left on the clock.

GO LOOK IN THE RULE BOOK. I don't even like USC, but, ND did not get the shaft..

GO CHECK THE RULE BOOK, I WILL BET YOU ANY MONETARY AMOUNT THAT YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT THIS CALL.

Forward progress was stopped before the ball came loose...the call should have been down by contact, not a fumble that went out. Time continues and the game is over.

Forward progress was stopped before the ball came loose...the call should have been down by contact, not a fumble that went out. Time continues and the game is over.

Forward progress stopped? He was still flying in mid-air when he got popped.

Had that ball gone straight to a ND player they would have been more than happy with the call.

peace

Guest Boss

Not by the "John Elway rule"... Progress had not been stopped as Matty boy was twirling in the air. Progress is not stopped in that situation.

I don't care who won that game. The right call was made. Charlie Weiss knew it, and he knows football a little bit more that ALL of us, so, with that said, it was the correct call.