• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sergei Fedorov91

Detroit Lions

Rate this topic

I know the pocketbook is the best way to make yourself heard, but frankly, I'm very proud of the fact that the Lions sell out constantly. Lions fans are the best in the league - who else would continue to sell out the stadium? And if the Lions are ever good, no fans will be more deserving of a good team than Lions fans.

I get the feeling the Fords will wait until after next year's 5-11 season to fire Millen. They always wait.

No, next years 5-11 season will probably earn him another contract extension.

I'm actually kinda mad I'm going to miss the game on Sunday. Its going to be a trainwreck, and I really want to see it.

No, next years 5-11 season will probably earn him another contract extension.

I'm actually kinda mad I'm going to miss the game on Sunday. Its going to be a trainwreck, and I really want to see it.

Yup I'll be watching. Besides some Barry highlights this is the most exciting thing for the Lions in the 31 years I've been alive.

Let me ask you all something? Will there be a more torturous game to watch when the Lions come down to play the Saints on Christmas Eve? I will almost guarantee you that watching the Saints is almost as bad as watching paint dry for 5 hours. They will make the local pee-wee squad look good and the pee-wee squad wins on occassion. Especially with Aaron Brooks benched for the rest of the season (which might be a blessing actually), I won't be surprised one bit if the Lions win and win big because the Saints make a habit of making themselves look stupid. I know the Lions do too as well, I watched the end of the game against the Packers, but trust me on this one, you all will win this game.

As much as I would like to boycott the Lions I can't do it. I have to much Honolulu blue in me wink.gif

And as always during the summer I will get my hopes up that maybe THIS year will be the year the Lions turn it around..or the Fords FINALLY agree to sell the team and make me do the Happy Dance hehe.gif Until then I will root for the one player that has deserved to win a superbowl ring for a few years now. GO COLTS!

I would like to say that I laughed my butt off the other day when I saw a sign that said 'Fire Millen' behind Babcock in Atlanta..that made my night.

And as always during the summer I will get my hopes up that maybe THIS year will be the year the Lions turn it around..

That's how it is being a Detroit sports fan, especially for the Lions and Tigers. That's why I like how the end of baseball season and the start of football season overlap.

By the end up September, I'm such an irrate Tigers fan I'm swearing I'll never go to another game or watch one. But I've got hope, its the start of football season, this year I know its the Lions year!

Then December comes around. The Lions have been embarssing themselves on a weekly basis. And I think to myself, "only a few more months until spring training. This year the Tigers are gonna win it!"

Its a vicious cycle biggrin.gif

They needed to get rid of MILLEN, not Mooch.

One of the biggest reasons Barry Sanders left the Lions was because of lack of committment from the front office. One of the best running backs to play the game never got a ring and never had a chance.

I think Mooch could have been successful if Millen had left and the Fords sold the team to someone else. They obviously don't care. If I owned a sports team, I wouldn't tolerate a bullsh*t record like this, year after year.

Another point. How many players who SUCKED playing for the Lions are now having successful carreers with other teams? How many quarterbacks have the Lions ruined because of lack of good coaching.

Hope Ditka is still interested in Mooch's job. He's the only person I can think of with the nads enough to turn this team around.

ShannyB

Let me ask you all something? Will there be a more torturous game to watch when the Lions come down to play the Saints on Christmas Eve?

Detroit @ Pittsburgh to end the season on New Years. Hopefully in nasty, cold, snowy weather.

The NFL should seriously contract the Lions. They are on par with the AZ Cardinals as one of the worst pro sport franchises.

The NFL should seriously contract the Lions. They are on par with the AZ Cardinals as one of the worst pro sport franchises.

The problem with contracting the Lions is, they have one of the most supportive (if bitter) fan bases in the country. The Lions sell out PRESEASON games. No matter how bad they are, the fans come.

Hope Ditka is still interested in Mooch's job. He's the only person I can think of with the nads enough to turn this team around.

ShannyB

That was the whole reason behind hiring Millen in the first place: "Here is a tough, no-nonsense guy who knows his football, will not take any crap, and will do things his way to get this team on the right track."

I don't want the GM to have nads, I want him to have brains. Millen's got a sack of steel to stand up to all this criticism and do things his way and it's not helping the Lions any.

I can't wait for tomorrow's trainwreck. The angry fan march, fans wear orange to support the bengals, and they are allowing signs!! The hell with the game, just to see the fans go nuts is worth it to me. I hope carson palmer, chad johnson and the bengals put up 60 on the lions. The only thing I can hope is that the team loses bad enough to maybe put some sense in the ford's minds that HEY, MILLEN AIN'T DOING A GOOD JOB!! Oh well, nice to dream.

The problem with contracting the Lions is, they have one of the most supportive (if bitter) fan bases in the country. The Lions sell out PRESEASON games. No matter how bad they are, the fans come.

Mmmmmhmmmmmm.

And as long as the Fords are making money I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't give a sh*t about what their record is.

All this team is is a quarterback and o-line away from being perhaps a playoff bound team.

Mmmmmhmmmmmm.

And as long as the Fords are making money I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't give a sh*t about what their record is.

All this team is is a quarterback and o-line away from being perhaps a playoff bound team.

And coach. A disciplinarian coach. One far-fetched but tantalizing article I saw suggested Bill Parcells. Another more realistic scenario would be Maurice Carthon.

So yeah I am going to watch the opening kick off of my first EVER Lions game tonight... Mainly out of Morbid Curiosity. But none the less it's my first LIONS game... Yeah I am Lions virgin I know. BUt what can you do when you can't stand the team thumbup.gif