• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seth

I know its too late now but,

Rate this topic

DAVID PETRASEK

Interesting that he never made his way across to NA. As a result of being a 1976 he will mostly likely now finish his carrer in Sweden. But after looking through this : http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/pros...s/petrasek.html and digging through other scouting reports and stats, I just cannot understand why he at least didn't end up with GR or something. Overall he now/then (4-5 years ago) seemed like a pretty strong capable player.

DAVID PETRASEK

Interesting that he never made his way across to NA. As a result of being a 1976 he will mostly likely now finish his carrer in Sweden. But after looking through this : http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/pros...s/petrasek.html and digging through other scouting reports and stats, I just cannot understand why he at least didn't end up with GR or something. Overall he now/then (4-5 years ago) seemed like a pretty strong capable player.

Could it be he didn't want to come over?

peace

and he would be the first to lay such ground and make the great jounrey across the forbbiden ocean of lost souls. This isn't the 1800s. 1 season of play would have at least made sense, look what Hackert did. Sure it takes courage, but theres a reason you work hard and put in 100%. It ain't for the girls, glam and air time with 50 Cent.

and he would be the first to lay such ground and make the great jounrey across the forbbiden ocean of lost souls. This isn't the 1800s. 1 season of play would have at least made sense, look what Hackert did. Sure it takes courage, but theres a reason you work hard and put in 100%. It ain't for the girls, glam and air time with 50 Cent.

Easy boy no need for the flamboyent sarcasm rolleyes.gif just saying some people are different and dont feel comfortable leaving their country when they can just make a great living there doing the same thing.

But Petrasek doesn't have particularly good puck skills and is prone to both untimely giveaways and undisciplined penalties.

yes, exactly the sort of player the Wings need. Some people see large PIM numbers and "physical play" in the bylines, get all googly-eyed and all of a sudden he's just what we need.

DAVID PETRASEK

He hates to fly -- honest. Carl Brewer was another nervous flyer who could have had a legendary career.

Edited by fightfan24

DAVID PETRASEK

He hates to fly -- honest. Carl Brewer was another nervous flyer who could have had a legendary career.

Well, it says he attended the Wings training camp the year he was drafted. And unless they held it in Sweden or he came by boat, he definitely was on an airplane.

yes, exactly the sort of player the Wings need.  Some people see large PIM numbers and "physical play" in the bylines, get all googly-eyed and all of a sudden he's just what we need.

And some read the stats only and if they're under 5'9" they get themselves aroused rolleyes.gif

Edited by Barnes52

DAVID PETRASEK

Well, it says he attended the Wings training camp the year he was drafted. And unless they held it in Sweden or he came by boat, he definitely was on an airplane.

Even someone who hates to fly will once in awhile... brilliant.

You're the size queen. wink.gif  I don't care how tall a player is so long as he can play.

peace

Because we have a GM who is obsessed with small players and we have quite a few posters who are as obsessed. Sorry, if I pine for a bigger physical player, I don't apologize for it. It seems we have a big disagreement as to what Detroit needs. But it seems that history is on our side, at least when it comes to the playoffs. I'll disregard your queen comment

Edited by Barnes52

Because we have a GM who is obsessed with small players and we have quite a few posters who are as obsessed. Sorry, if I pine for a bigger physical player, I don't apologize for it. It seems we have a big disagreement as to what Detroit needs. But it seems that history is on our side, at least when it comes to the playoffs. I'll disregard your queen comment

He isn't obsessed with small players. He is obsessed with SKILLED players. I don't deny we need help in the physicality department but it doesn't help the team at all if they can't play the game of hockey. They just wouldn't fit into our system.

Your arousal comment is equally disregarded. Maybe you'll let that particular issue rest, eh? wink.gif

peace

He isn't obsessed with small players.  He is obsessed with SKILLED players.  I don't deny we need help in the physicality department but it doesn't help the team at all if they can't play the game of hockey.  They just wouldn't fit into our system. 

Your arousal comment is equally disregarded.  Maybe you'll let that particular issue rest, eh? wink.gif

peace

I believe that each of the players I've advocated trading for are

1) skilled enough

2) either available or on a team that could have a firesale

So I have no idea where the idea that myself and others just look at PIM's to decide who to trade for is realistic, that was the reason for my response. If he wants to generalize, so will I. You don't have to agree with me/us, but I'm not going to allow someone to generalize and mis-construe what we're saying

Edited by Barnes52

He isn't obsessed with small players.  He is obsessed with SKILLED players.  I don't deny we need help in the physicality department but it doesn't help the team at all if they can't play the game of hockey.  They just wouldn't fit into our system. 

Your arousal comment is equally disregarded.  Maybe you'll let that particular issue rest, eh? wink.gif

peace

I believe that each of the players I've advocated trading for are

1) skilled enough

2) either available or on a team that could have a firesale

So I have no idea where the idea that myself and others just look at PIM's to decide who to trade for is realistic, that was the reason for my response. If he wants to generalize, so will I. You don't have to agree with me/us, but I'm not going to allow someone to generalize and mis-construe what we're saying

There are ways to counter overgeneralizations without going overboard yourself. Two wrongs and all that.

I realize it's frustrating to have to argue the same point over and over, but clearly it isn't that frustrating or you'd have packed it in long ago. You're too gritty a poster to give up that easy but there is no need for cheapshots. Hate for you to be labled a goon. tongue.gif

peace