• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings1914

Alamo Bowl-Michigan vs Nebraska

Rate this topic

YOU CAN'T STORM THE FIELD WHILE THE PLAY IS STILL ON!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the cheating Cornhuskers, you can always win if you pay no attention to the rules.

Or....If the rules are completly ignored by the refs for the red shirts.

If we had not had to call those timeouts!!!!!!!

ph34r.gif Refs Win ph34r.gif

Edited by rage

YOU CAN'T STORM THE FIELD WHILE THE PLAY IS STILL ON!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the cheating Cornhuskers, you can always win if you pay no attention to the rules.

If Bouman didnt tackle Ecker then we would have won.

I don't mind losing, but losing because the Sun Bowl refs have no idea what they're doing is bulls**t.

One of the worst games I've ever had to watch in my 15 years of being a Wolverine fan...I am utterly disgusted.

I don't mind losing, but losing because the Sun Bowl refs have no idea what they're doing is bulls**t.

One of the worst games I've ever had to watch in my 15 years of being a Wolverine fan...I am utterly disgusted.

Same here

Yeah what a piss poor way to lose, and for it to be so blantley obivios that the calls were going the other way....... What a disgrace to the NCAA and Sun Belt

I have NEVER seen a more horribly refereed game in my life. EVER.

And I'll smack the first Sparty-slappy that pops in here to say "typical UM fans, complaining about referees."

That said... that ending was F'in crazy! If Ecker listened to Breaston SCREAMING at him from behind to lateral him the ball, he'd have likely seen the end zone. Also a big (sarcastic) kudos for the Michigan assistant that went on the field down near where Ecker was tackled that prevented the TE from CUTTING IT BACK INSIDE, effectively funneling him right to the Nebraska DBs.

I do want to add, though, that Michigan did an excellent *cough* *hack* *gag* job two of their last few possessions when they turned the ball over.

Nice work giving away a game you had firmly in your grasp, referees or not.

They did put a hell of drive in the end there though. Hart looked good. Henne played great I thought too. Just a shame this game seemed to be "pre-detrimied".

Completely agree with all of the above, Matt. I'm speechless with anger. I hate myself for caring so much, and I hate myself for putting myself through the abuse of watching Michigan football. Truly unbelievable. How they managed to blow yet another fourth-quarter lead is incomprehensible, in spite of the remarkably-bad refereeing.

I need to break something. And scream loudly.

Well, Manningham should've caught that pass on 3rd down, no doubt. A bit of "Braylon-itis" on the easy catches.

And it was a clear-cut case of pass interference on the 4th down play.

You know it's pathetic when both play-by-play guys are disgusted by what's going on, laughing at its ridiculousness, and you can even hear "WTF?!"-like comments from them going into breaks (before their mikes are off and they go to commercial) or even coming back from one.

Pretty sad. I'm sure Carr is going to raise holy hell, and I wouldn't blame him.

You know it's pathetic when both play-by-play guys are disgusted by what's going on, laughing at its ridiculousness, and you can even hear "WTF?!"-like comments from them going into breaks (before their mikes are off and they go to commercial) or even coming back from one.

Not to mention the fact that one of the commentators played four years of football at OHIO STATE. When an OSU quarterback is making WTF type comments on Michigan's behalf, that right there should be enough to raise questions on the integrity of the reffing.

And I'll smack the first Sparty-slappy that pops in here to say "typical UM fans, complaining about referees."

That said... that ending was F'in crazy! If Ecker listened to Breaston SCREAMING at him from behind to lateral him the ball, he'd have likely seen the end zone. Also a big (sarcastic) kudos for the Michigan assistant that went on the field down near where Ecker was tackled that prevented the TE from CUTTING IT BACK INSIDE, effectively funneling him right to the Nebraska DBs.

Matt, I could not agree more,

But kudos to Bouman (or whoever made that tackle) they saved the game for Nebraska, cause he was gone....But hey.......it was a good game (A very s***ty officiated game, infact I really wouldnt be surprised if that crew all lost their jobs) and Nebraska just got the "dumb luck" on their side tonight........

This team will be back next year........

It will be stronger and better than ever, all these last second wins and losses gave this team some character, but even though we are losing Watson, Avant and Breaston we will have Branch, Arrington (who was injured most of the year) and Manningham to replace them...

And just saying......the last time we lost 5 games, the next season we went 10-1-1.....and beat NEBRASKA in the Fiesta Bowl........

It would be nice to beat Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl next season...... wink.gif

Pretty sad. I'm sure Carr is going to raise holy hell, and I wouldn't blame him.

Its Lloyd Carr we're talking about, he is too classy to ***** and whine about the refs (Although if he did this time I don't think anybody would be surprised or bash him for it)

Not to mention the fact that one of the commentators played four years of football at OHIO STATE. When an OSU quarterback is making WTF type comments on Michigan's behalf, that right there should be enough to raise questions on the integrity of the reffing.

Amen to that. I was thinking about mentioning that, just for the humor of it.

Did you like how they originally spotted the ball on the five following that punt where the Nebraska coverage player was in the end zone, jumped up and swatted the ball back to the 5? PRICELESS!

Tirico (before fading to commercial): "... Uh.... I thought that ball broke the plane..."

Herbstreit: "Yeah, I don't know what..." (commercial)

The fact that Carr had to use two timeouts because of the incompetence of the replay official was horrendous... The loss of those two timeouts cost Michigan a TON of time on that last Nebraska possession.

And not starting the play clock right when the ball was spotted on fourth down?

That cost Michigan at least ONE play, very likely TWO!

Ditto - unwatchable for anyone not a Husker or Wolverine. Even the ESPN announcers were saying how bad it was. A few terrible calls on the Corn too.

BUT, also the biggest Bowl choke job I've ever seen out of the Wolverines. Completely inexecusable, ref tragedy aside. 3 consecutive Bowl losses and tonight to a very very mediocre team whom we should have clobbered.

Something has to be shaken up big time in A2. Got the talent - need to do something with it. Oh well, no more college football for me until next fall. Could care less about Texas-USC blah blah blah. Bowl games should all be done by Jan 1rst.

Its Lloyd Carr we're talking about, he is too classy to ***** and whine about the refs...

Uhh... what? You don't really know Carr that well, do you? Lloyd has bitched plenty of times to NCAA officials, it just doesn't get the press.