• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings1914

Alamo Bowl-Michigan vs Nebraska

Rate this topic

After all 5 Michigan losses this season, I've read the UofM fans saying the refs cost them the game. So I guess the BCS must be paying them off....otherwise the Wolverines would have obviously gone undefeated and then there would be controversy over who would play for the national championship. At least that's what the conspiracy theorists would have you believe.............

If you've nothing intelligent or constructive to add to the conversation, DesertWing, then please feel free to STFU -- this thread was about the Alamo Bowl, not Michigan's other collapses during the season.

Did you even watch the game last night? If you didn't, heed the above advice. If you DID, then I can't fathom how your blanket BS comments have any value at all.

This is the first time in my life that Michigan has had 5 losses...and there's nothing to be done about it for 8 months...This is a difficult pill to swallow to say the least.

I still love them whole heartedly though.

Then you must have been born after 1984! The Wolverines went 6-6 that year and it's the last time they went unranked at the end of the season (pending this year). So that would make this the second worst season in my lifetime. wink.gif

Actually if you put it into perspective, yeah it was a horrible season, but Michigan is 348-100-8 in my lifetime for an average of 9.2-2.6-.2

Pretty damn impressive. We have never missed a bowl game during my lifetime either!

I'm OK with having a mediocre season occasionally - all teams go through it. Ask the Buckeyes and Spartans about it. Michigan will be OK - they've stood the test of time. Look at Nebraska - they've had several very down years and now seem to be coming back up the ladder - happens to everyone.

This is the first time in my life that Michigan has had 5 losses...and there's nothing to be done about it for 8 months...This is a difficult pill to swallow to say the least.

I still love them whole heartedly though.

Then you must have been born after 1984! The Wolverines went 6-6 that year and it's the last time they went unranked at the end of the season (pending this year). So that would make this the second worst season in my lifetime. wink.gif

Actually if you put it into perspective, yeah it was a horrible season, but Michigan is 348-100-8 in my lifetime for an average of 9.2-2.6-.2

Pretty damn impressive. We have never missed a bowl game during my lifetime either!

I'm OK with having a mediocre season occasionally - all teams go through it. Ask the Buckeyes and Spartans about it. Michigan will be OK - they've stood the test of time. Look at Nebraska - they've had several very down years and now seem to be coming back up the ladder - happens to everyone.

Yep, I'm 20, born in 1985. I think we've all become aware of how spoiled Michigan fans are this year, this is a HORRIBLE season for them and they still finished with a winning record.

Pack it up and come back with a chip on your shoulder next year boys!

As a spartan fan, I am scared about next year. Michigan doesn't have many seasons in which 5 losses comes up. Michigan is going to have a huge chip next year looking to make a statement next year. Michigan State's best chance to win the conference title was this past year. I see Michigan putting a big year in play and the spartans losing as usual. Mariucci to East Lansing in 2007!!!

The most telling thing about the game:

Michigan's last three possessions ended on a bad call by the referees, including being forced to use a timeout to request a replay for the SECOND time in the half.

An incomplete pass that was ruled a fumble, even though the ball left Henne's hand on forward motion, led directly to Nebraska's last TD.

Michigan had a virtually guaranteed TD taken away because of a pass interference call inside the 5 that was missed.

And on the last play of the game, the entire Nebraska team, coaches, and photographers ran onto the field and blocked off half of it, preventing Maningham (I think) from having the entire half of the field open down to the end zone, a TD for sure if he were allowed to run it.

The fact that there was what should have been a too many men on the defense as time ran out is particularly incriminating of the officials--the game CANNOT end on a defensive penalty. Meaning Michigan would have had a scoring opportunity from around the ten yard line.

Michigan's last three possessions ended on a bad call by the referees, including being forced to use a timeout to request a replay for the SECOND time in the half.

An incomplete pass that was ruled a fumble, even though the ball left Henne's hand on forward motion, led directly to Nebraska's last TD.

Michigan had a virtually guaranteed TD taken away because of a pass interference call inside the 5 that was missed.

And on the last play of the game, the entire Nebraska team, coaches, and photographers ran onto the field and blocked off half of it, preventing Maningham (I think) from having the entire half of the field open down to the end zone, a TD for sure if he were allowed to run it.

The fact that there was what should have been a too many men on the defense as time ran out is particularly incriminating of the officials--the game CANNOT end on a defensive penalty. Meaning Michigan would have had a scoring opportunity from around the ten yard line.

Normally I laugh at your excuses to a Michigan loss, but in this case, I completely agree.

...isn't this the case in all of the Michigan 5 losses??

As a spartan fan, I am scared about next year. Michigan doesn't have many seasons in which 5 losses comes up. Michigan is going to have a huge chip next year looking to make a statement next year.

Well, I tend to agree that the losses coupled with the close gaem experience will help out in the long run... however, Michigan's schedule is BRUTAL next year.

Well, I tend to agree that the losses coupled with the close gaem experience will help out in the long run... however, Michigan's schedule is BRUTAL next year.

the schedule is always tough in the big ten. the part that stands out for me is that hart will be healthy. I think Henne will have a huge year next year and manningham is going to get the ball thrown at him more, probably be the best receiver next year. If the defense isnt dominate next year, you have to get rid of hermann. Defense has been a weakness of michigan's for years.

Only thing state really has is Stanton's senior year. Wish they could get rid of the coaches tho. Oh well, one more year of John LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in east lansing.

MARIUCCI TO EAST LANSING IN 2007!!!!

No kidding? What I mean is that it's tougher than normal next year: ND, OSU & PSU are all on the road next year.

PSU is probably the only team that might not be as good next year as they are this year. OSU and ND are going to be a challenge. Michigan hasn't won at notre dame since 1994.

Edited by timothy1997

...isn't this the case in all of the Michigan 5 losses??

No.

Vs ND Michigan lost Hart early, combined with a TD not being awarded when Henne broke into the end zone (and a botched snap on the next play ending the drive)

Vs Wisconsin Hart was out the whole game, and Wisconsin won on a lucky QB draw play at the end of the game while Michigan was looking for a run from Calhoun. Excellent job by Wisconsin's receivers coach to notice that Michigan was guarding the outside lanes.

Vs Minnesota Garret Rivas missed TWO kicks (34 and 42 yards) that would have put the Wolverines up 23-20. The 42-yarder was on 4th and 5 at Minnesota's 25, a situation Michigan went for it later in the year and got a few firsts. Change that missed field goal to a first down and Michigan wins.

VS Ohio State Michigan DOMINATED the game, and a couple excellent individual efforts on a couple big plays turned the game around late. Plays that most players wouldn't have made.

And I already detailed the Nebraska game.

VS Ohio State Michigan DOMINATED the game, and a couple excellent individual efforts on a couple big plays turned the game around late. Plays that most players wouldn't have made.

OSU UM

Total Yards 418 255

Passing 300 223

Comp-Att 27-37 25-37

Yards per pass 7.9 5.9

Rushing 118 32

Rushing Attempts 35 24

Yards per rush 3.4 1.3

Penalties 5-50 3-20

Turnovers 2 0

Fumbles lost 2 0

Interceptions thrown 0 0

Possession 31:39 28:21

OSU's scoring drives in yardage - 80, 42, 72, 67, 88

UM's scoring drives in yardage - 36, 10, 37, 69

I have to take issue with your claim that Michigan dominated the game. If it wasnt for the two turnovers we gave, you wouldnt have been in the game.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

OSU UM

Total Yards 418 255

Passing 300 223

Comp-Att 27-37 25-37

Yards per pass 7.9 5.9

Rushing 118 32

Rushing Attempts 35 24

Yards per rush 3.4 1.3

Penalties 5-50 3-20

Turnovers 2 0

Fumbles lost 2 0

Interceptions thrown 0 0

Possession 31:39 28:21

OSU's scoring drives in yardage - 80, 42, 72, 67, 88

UM's scoring drives in yardage - 36, 10, 37, 69

I have to take issue with your claim that Michigan dominated the game. If it wasnt for the two turnovers we gave, you wouldnt have been in the game.

On OSU's last two possessions, Smith was 9-12 with 130 yards.

In that same time period, Henne was 4-6 with 44 yards.

Up until that point in the game (which was the last 7 1/2 minutes) Henne was 21/30 with 179 yards and Smith was 18/25 with 170 yards.

Plus Mike Hart only played one down in the second half before being reinjured. Kevin Grady only rushed for 11 yards on six carries, never rushing more than 3 yards in a single carry.

Plus, I don't see how you can consider it a bad thing that Michigan only got 36 and 37 yards on drives for TDs? Oooh, Michigan started scoring drives with good field position...off a forced fumble and a returned punt after the defense held OSU to six yards coming off their own 7 and punting fron the 13.

The 10 yard drive was not a pleasant sight, starting at OSU's 20, again getting there because the defense forced a fumble.

OSU had four drives that ended in their own territory, while Michigan ahd five including both halves' last drives. the ball spent over two minutes more in OSU territory than in UM territory.

As for the 'if it wasn't for the turnovers we gave' those were fumbles FORCED by the defense.

How about you can take back those fumbles that came on great plays by the defense, and in return we'll take back the last two drives from great plays by your offense?

If all four of those scores are gone, the game is tied 11-11.

Ok, I'll give you that our views of the game are different. But if all those things you say are true, wouldnt the game have been even? I dont see any Michigan domination out of that.

I say 'dominate' more from the aspect that Michigan seemed to be in control of the game for most of the game. OSU broke out a couple amazing plays at the end but Michigan generally controlled the flow. Even the OSU fans who were at the game were not exactly happy the way it was going even when OSU was leading.

dry.gif *grumble grumble*

As official Not-Moderator-Of-Anything, I hereby suspend indefinately all discussion of this year's Michigan-Ohio State game.

Yes..let's instead discuss how Michigan should have been in the Outback bowl in Iowa's place, considering they beat Iowa AND had the same record, as well as having been there less recently.

Or the fact that in the Alamo bowl (the subject of this thread btw) Michigan was consistently and repeatedly SCREWED by the worst officiating in recent memory in a college football game?

All I know is that I will NEVER forgive Lloyd Carr for losing to OSU in 2005. That was the day my son was born! I was surrounded by Buckeye fans in a Lima hospital and actually had to tell the nurses in the delivery room to knock it off. My wife (Michigan fan) wasn't happy either. Buckeye fans are the pits, the players are even worse.

Shows the type of kids that play at OSU, and these are only the arrests that have happened since the hiring of Jim Tressel on Jan 18, 2001. By the way, your current QB is on the list quite a bit.

• December 21, 2004: Albert Dukes, a freshman WR was arrested 12/21 in Palm Beach County, FL for felonious lewd and lascivious battery involving a 13 year old girl.

• October 23, 2004: Lydell Ross is arrested at Pure Platinum gentlemen's club on Bethel Road in Columbus for attempting to pass fake money to a 24-year-old woman at the club. Ross was suspended for two games and the charges were later dropped.

• June 7, 2004: Ohio State University police arrested tight end Louis Irizarry and charged him with Criminal Trespassing at Neil and Tuttle Park Place.

• May 17, 2004: Freshman Punter A.J. Traspasso is arrested again for underaged drinking. This time, it was by Perkins Township police near Sandusky, Oh.

• May 5, 2004: Freshman Punter A.J. Traspasso is charged with underage drinking. The all-state punter was cited after the Spring Game along East 15th Avenue near campus, authorities said.

• May 1, 2004: Sophomore backups Louis Irizarry and Ira Guilford are arrested and charged with robbery after a student is assaulted and his wallet is stolen at 3 a.m. They are held in Franklin County jail through the weekend. Both plead innocent to the robbery charge, with Guilford released after paying a $25,000 bond. Irizarry is held pending a hearing to determine if he had violated his probation from an earlier assault conviction.

• April 29, 2004: Ohio State fullback Branden Joe was cited for an alleged misdemeanor open container violation, according to Columbus police.

• Nov. 16, 2003: At 3 a.m. after a win over Purdue and six days before the Michigan game, wide receiver Santonio Holmes and quarterback Troy Smith are charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct after a fight in a parking lot on campus. A window in a car is kicked out and one woman reported her jaw was broken. Holmes is held out of the starting lineup at Michigan but returns to play most of the game. Holmes also started in the Buckeyes' Fiesta Bowl game. He pleads innocent to the disorderly conduct after the team returns to Columbus. The disorderly conduct charge is dismissed against Holmes on March 30, 2004. Smith is found guilty of the charge.

• Oct. 27, 2003: Louis Irizarry is charged with three counts of first-degree misdemeanor assault after three people sustain minor injuries during a fight in a Park Hall dorm room. Irizarry is suspended two days later. He is found guilty of one charge each of assault, negligent assault and disorderly conduct and pays $404 court costs and is put on probation. He is later reinstated to the team and is listed as the second-team tight end on the 2004 spring depth chart before he is suspended indefinitely after the May 1, 2004, arrest.

• June 2003: Sophomore tight end Redgie Arden of Ohio State pleaded innocent Monday to his second drunken driving charge in 15 months. Arden, 21, was arrested at 5:54 a.m. Sunday on a charge of operating a motor vehicle under the influence, the Ironton Police Department said. In March 2002, Arden pleaded guilty to a drunken driving charge in Ironton. He was sentenced to three days in jail and fined.

• April 2003: Running back Maurice Clarett reports that a car he has borrowed from a local used-car dealer was broken into and thousands of dollars in cash, CDs, stereo equipment and clothing was stolen. The car was in the parking lot at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center and Clarett calls police from a telephone in Tressel's office. Clarett was later charged with lying to police about the value of the stolen items and is charged with misdemeanor falsification of the police report on the theft. Clarett pleads guilty on Jan. 14, 2004, to the reduced charge of failure to aid a law enforcement officer. He is ordered to pay the maximum fine of $100 and serves no jail time.

• Oct. 13, 2002: Linebacker Fred Pagac Jr. is charged with persistent disorderly conduct. Pagac was arrested at 3:45 a.m. after police said he was intoxicated and had a role in a fight involving two women outside a campus-area bar about 12 hours after the Buckeyes' homecoming victory over San Jose State. The police report said an officer told Pagac to stop but he continued to fight. Pagac was suspended for the team's next game at Wisconsin. Pagac pleaded innocent. In December, before the team's national championship game against Miami in the Fiesta Bowl, Pagac was acquitted in a jury trial.

• Aug. 17, 2002: Defensive lineman Quinn Pitcock is charged with underage drinking in his hometown of Piqua. He is suspended from the team for the three weeks of preseason workouts, then

• July 29, 2002: Wide receiver Angelo Chattams is investigated for the alleged theft of a set of golf clubs from a sport utility vehicle in West Carrollton. Prosecutors approve but do not file a theft charge, permitting Chattams to enroll in a program for nonviolent, first-time offenders and avoid a charge. He was excused from the team to deal with the legal matter, then reinstated and played in the season-opener. He does not play again for the Buckeyes.

• July 26, 2002: Police find Branden Joe, a sophomore fullback, asleep in a car on a highway ramp near campus. The police report says he refused to take a Breathalyzer test. He was suspended for the three weeks of preseason camp and the team's season opener against Texas Tech, then returns to the team although his playing time is limited by injuries.

• April 27, 2002: Linebacker Marco Cooper is arrested hours after the Buckeyes' annual intrasquad scrimmage and charged with felony drug abuse and carrying a concealed weapon in his sports-utility vehicle. Cooper pleads guilty to two charges in November and is put on probation.

• March 2, 2002: Tight end Redgie Arden is arrested on a charge of drunken driving in his hometown of Ironton. The redshirt freshman is found guilty and is sentenced to three days in jail and fined. Suspended indefinitely from the team, he does not participate in summer workouts before the 2002 season but is reinstated before the start of the 2002 season and played in 11 games.

• Nov. 15, 2001: Quarterback Steve Bellisari is arrested two days before the Illinois game for drunken driving. Tressel suspends the Buckeyes' three-year starter indefinitely and then reinstates him to the team three days later. A senior, he practiced with the team for the Michigan game but did not play, then came off the bench to play most of the team's Outback Bowl loss to South Carolina. He later served a weekend in jail.

• March 21, 2001: Cornerback Derek Ross is arrested on charges of driving without a license and providing false information to police, giving an incorrect name when pulled over for speeding. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail. He is suspended from Ohio State's 2001 spring practices, then played most of the 2001 season, leading the Big Ten in interceptions and earning second-team all-conference honors. Left team to make himself available for the NFL draft a year early.

Note that the above list does NOT include the other “incidents� that have happened while on Tressel’s watch:

- May, 2003: Chris Gamble and 9 other players are ruled ineligible by the university for signing autographs at a health care group's convention. The players were paid an hourly salary for working at a booth operated by a central Ohio health care company at the Ohio Health Care Association's convention May 5-8 in Columbus.

- October 11, 2003: Robert Reynolds chokes Wisconsin QB, Jim Sorgi, knocking him out of the Badgers' 17-10 win over the Buckeyes.

- Fall 2003: NCAA investigates Ohio State players for possible academic ineligibility. Maurice Clarett is the focus of the investigation. Chris Gamble’s name was mentioned a few times at the beginning, but either nothing was found against him or the entire investigation was turned against Maurice when a teacher admitted that Clarett got preferential treatment. She was then was later fired by the university. Clarett was guilty of 14 violations of the ethical-conduct bylaw and two violations of receiving preferential treatment or benefits because he is an athlete. Clarett was suspended for the entire 2003 season.

- Fall 2004: Maurice Clarett blows the whistle on tOSU.

- December 20, 2004: Troy Smith is suspended from playing in the Alamo Bowl for "violating team and NCAA rules and standards."

All I know is that I will NEVER forgive Lloyd Carr for losing to OSU in 2005. That was the day my son was born! I was surrounded by Buckeye fans in a Lima hospital and actually had to tell the nurses in the delivery room to knock it off. My wife (Michigan fan) wasn't happy either. Buckeye fans are the pits, the players are even worse.

Shows the type of kids that play at OSU, and these are only the arrests that have happened since the hiring of Jim Tressel on Jan 18, 2001. By the way, your current QB is on the list quite a bit.

• December 21, 2004: Albert Dukes, a freshman WR was arrested 12/21 in Palm Beach County, FL for felonious lewd and lascivious battery involving a 13 year old girl.

• October 23, 2004: Lydell Ross is arrested at Pure Platinum gentlemen's club on Bethel Road in Columbus for attempting to pass fake money to a 24-year-old woman at the club. Ross was suspended for two games and the charges were later dropped.

• June 7, 2004: Ohio State University police arrested tight end Louis Irizarry and charged him with Criminal Trespassing at Neil and Tuttle Park Place.

• May 17, 2004: Freshman Punter A.J. Traspasso is arrested again for underaged drinking. This time, it was by Perkins Township police near Sandusky, Oh.

• May 5, 2004: Freshman Punter A.J. Traspasso is charged with underage drinking. The all-state punter was cited after the Spring Game along East 15th Avenue near campus, authorities said.

• May 1, 2004: Sophomore backups Louis Irizarry and Ira Guilford are arrested and charged with robbery after a student is assaulted and his wallet is stolen at 3 a.m. They are held in Franklin County jail through the weekend. Both plead innocent to the robbery charge, with Guilford released after paying a $25,000 bond. Irizarry is held pending a hearing to determine if he had violated his probation from an earlier assault conviction.

• April 29, 2004: Ohio State fullback Branden Joe was cited for an alleged misdemeanor open container violation, according to Columbus police.

• Nov. 16, 2003: At 3 a.m. after a win over Purdue and six days before the Michigan game, wide receiver Santonio Holmes and quarterback Troy Smith are charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct after a fight in a parking lot on campus. A window in a car is kicked out and one woman reported her jaw was broken. Holmes is held out of the starting lineup at Michigan but returns to play most of the game. Holmes also started in the Buckeyes' Fiesta Bowl game. He pleads innocent to the disorderly conduct after the team returns to Columbus. The disorderly conduct charge is dismissed against Holmes on March 30, 2004. Smith is found guilty of the charge.

• Oct. 27, 2003: Louis Irizarry is charged with three counts of first-degree misdemeanor assault after three people sustain minor injuries during a fight in a Park Hall dorm room. Irizarry is suspended two days later. He is found guilty of one charge each of assault, negligent assault and disorderly conduct and pays $404 court costs and is put on probation. He is later reinstated to the team and is listed as the second-team tight end on the 2004 spring depth chart before he is suspended indefinitely after the May 1, 2004, arrest.

• June 2003: Sophomore tight end Redgie Arden of Ohio State pleaded innocent Monday to his second drunken driving charge in 15 months. Arden, 21, was arrested at 5:54 a.m. Sunday on a charge of operating a motor vehicle under the influence, the Ironton Police Department said. In March 2002, Arden pleaded guilty to a drunken driving charge in Ironton. He was sentenced to three days in jail and fined.

• April 2003: Running back Maurice Clarett reports that a car he has borrowed from a local used-car dealer was broken into and thousands of dollars in cash, CDs, stereo equipment and clothing was stolen. The car was in the parking lot at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center and Clarett calls police from a telephone in Tressel's office. Clarett was later charged with lying to police about the value of the stolen items and is charged with misdemeanor falsification of the police report on the theft. Clarett pleads guilty on Jan. 14, 2004, to the reduced charge of failure to aid a law enforcement officer. He is ordered to pay the maximum fine of $100 and serves no jail time.

• Oct. 13, 2002: Linebacker Fred Pagac Jr. is charged with persistent disorderly conduct. Pagac was arrested at 3:45 a.m. after police said he was intoxicated and had a role in a fight involving two women outside a campus-area bar about 12 hours after the Buckeyes' homecoming victory over San Jose State. The police report said an officer told Pagac to stop but he continued to fight. Pagac was suspended for the team's next game at Wisconsin. Pagac pleaded innocent. In December, before the team's national championship game against Miami in the Fiesta Bowl, Pagac was acquitted in a jury trial.

• Aug. 17, 2002: Defensive lineman Quinn Pitcock is charged with underage drinking in his hometown of Piqua. He is suspended from the team for the three weeks of preseason workouts, then

• July 29, 2002: Wide receiver Angelo Chattams is investigated for the alleged theft of a set of golf clubs from a sport utility vehicle in West Carrollton. Prosecutors approve but do not file a theft charge, permitting Chattams to enroll in a program for nonviolent, first-time offenders and avoid a charge. He was excused from the team to deal with the legal matter, then reinstated and played in the season-opener. He does not play again for the Buckeyes.

• July 26, 2002: Police find Branden Joe, a sophomore fullback, asleep in a car on a highway ramp near campus. The police report says he refused to take a Breathalyzer test. He was suspended for the three weeks of preseason camp and the team's season opener against Texas Tech, then returns to the team although his playing time is limited by injuries.

• April 27, 2002: Linebacker Marco Cooper is arrested hours after the Buckeyes' annual intrasquad scrimmage and charged with felony drug abuse and carrying a concealed weapon in his sports-utility vehicle. Cooper pleads guilty to two charges in November and is put on probation.

• March 2, 2002: Tight end Redgie Arden is arrested on a charge of drunken driving in his hometown of Ironton. The redshirt freshman is found guilty and is sentenced to three days in jail and fined. Suspended indefinitely from the team, he does not participate in summer workouts before the 2002 season but is reinstated before the start of the 2002 season and played in 11 games.

• Nov. 15, 2001: Quarterback Steve Bellisari is arrested two days before the Illinois game for drunken driving. Tressel suspends the Buckeyes' three-year starter indefinitely and then reinstates him to the team three days later. A senior, he practiced with the team for the Michigan game but did not play, then came off the bench to play most of the team's Outback Bowl loss to South Carolina. He later served a weekend in jail.

• March 21, 2001: Cornerback Derek Ross is arrested on charges of driving without a license and providing false information to police, giving an incorrect name when pulled over for speeding. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail. He is suspended from Ohio State's 2001 spring practices, then played most of the 2001 season, leading the Big Ten in interceptions and earning second-team all-conference honors. Left team to make himself available for the NFL draft a year early.

Note that the above list does NOT include the other “incidents� that have happened while on Tressel’s watch:

- May, 2003: Chris Gamble and 9 other players are ruled ineligible by the university for signing autographs at a health care group's convention. The players were paid an hourly salary for working at a booth operated by a central Ohio health care company at the Ohio Health Care Association's convention May 5-8 in Columbus.

- October 11, 2003: Robert Reynolds chokes Wisconsin QB, Jim Sorgi, knocking him out of the Badgers' 17-10 win over the Buckeyes.

- Fall 2003: NCAA investigates Ohio State players for possible academic ineligibility. Maurice Clarett is the focus of the investigation. Chris Gamble’s name was mentioned a few times at the beginning, but either nothing was found against him or the entire investigation was turned against Maurice when a teacher admitted that Clarett got preferential treatment. She was then was later fired by the university. Clarett was guilty of 14 violations of the ethical-conduct bylaw and two violations of receiving preferential treatment or benefits because he is an athlete. Clarett was suspended for the entire 2003 season.

- December 20, 2004: Troy Smith is suspended from playing in the Alamo Bowl for "violating team and NCAA rules and standards."

Losing will do a lot of things to people. I think a prime example is above.

Note that the above list does NOT include the other “incidents” that have happened while on Tressel’s watch:

someone has a lot of time on their hand.

to quote an eagles song.....

GET OVER IT!!!

Nice deflection guys. Even if I did have issues with losing or a "lot of time on my hands", that still doesn't change the fact that everything in that post is true. If Michigan won with players like that, I would be disgusted.

Edited by cobra commander