• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

1/8 GDT: Detroit Red Wings Vs. Dallas Stars

Rate this topic

but christ he needs help in the defensive zone

I partially agree. But only 23 shots allowed, I'd say the defense is helping. Some of the goals were weak and some weren't, but when you let in 6 goals on 23 shots only so much can be the defense.

On the other hand, anyone see--or not see-- Hank's "hook" at the end of the game? lmao laugh.gif

I am trying to understand why they played Osgood to begin with? Legace just came back, and has a game under his belt. Why would they not play him? Oh, why didn't Babcock pull Ozzy on the fourth goal? He was looking flat all game.

Oh, this is just extra steam being blown off, but why isn't Lang more Physical? When I heard that we got Lang I was so excited, but what has he really done? Sure, he has assisted a few times, but he hasn't put up the amount of goals he should be putting up. I guess when you play with awesome players like Jagr your going to be scoring more goals, and be made to look better than you actually are.

What's up with those stupid penelties. The roughing on Holmstrom was priceless, and it was called by the ref at center ice no less. Then there was th hooking call at the end on Zetterburg. There was no hook. He didn't even make contact with him. These new rules really have ruined the NHL. The refs call everything, cause they can't distinguish between penelties, and non-penelties. The guys in the commitee (including Shannahan) should be hung by their toe nails, and Bettman should be shot. Bettman has ruined the NHL.

Ozzie needs to go and we all know it's for the better of the team.. If Babcock is as tough as everyone says, Ozzie will be in GR soon with Howard up as our back-up.

WOW. Ozzie needs to go now? You fans AMAZE me..no really, you do. He gets pulled out of one game this season and now he needs to go to GR so they can bring Howard up? Thank God you're not a coach in the NHL. If that's the way coaches thought then almost every goalie in the NHL would be in the minors right now.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Ha! The '02 team had the Norris winner and Norris runner-up on it. Plus Jiri was playing out of his mind, along with Duchesne and Ollauson. Our defense was incredible in '02. '98 wasn't even close.

peace

I knew I said I would stay out of this GDT. But I am just too friggin' opinionated to stay out of goalie debates.

Anyways, NN, as I see it, Ozzie was great in the '98 Cup run. Sure he had the occasional bad game, but all in all, he played well enough to win. And despite what many say, you can't win the Stanley Cup without solid goaltending.

In my mind, there's little debate over whether Ozzie played well in 1998; but what happened well over 7 years ago has little effect on how good of a goalie Ozzie is today. He is not the same goalie he was back then, not even close.

you're right. wings played really well. osgood was unstoppable. great effort all around. it was the refs. they have it in for us. all those questionable calls for detroit in the first were to throw people off their trail. dallas didn't deserve this win. they didn't out shoot us 20 to 10 after the first period or whatever it was. they didn't out play us and hold us to the neutral zone for the last two thirds of the game. it was the refs.

I am not saying the Wings lost completely because of the refs. The Wings only played one good period. The refs were bad the whole game, against both teams. Dallas converted better on their power play, which was the difference. What I am trying to say is that the referees did not help in this game. They need to be neutral, only calling what needs to be called. When they start calling things, they "think" looks like a penalty, they go too far.

I am trying to understand why they played Osgood to begin with? Legace just came back, and has a game under his belt. Why would they not play him? Oh, why didn't Babcock pull Ozzy on the fourth goal? He was looking flat all game.

Seriously I couldn't have put it better myself. I could care less whose in net as long as the goalie in there plays well (Ozzie, Manny??). But Manny had played well, so lets ride whose ever playing well. Thats how we've gotten by all year. We, I don't think, will ever have a for sure starting goalie, so keeping riding whose hot. It is a sad way to go, but hey, whatever works.

Osgood should be put on waivers... I don't care what anyone says... This guy blows games worse than just about anyone in the NHL... That's about the best consistency he's had this year. I'm sick of the Ozzie/Manny debate. Manny wins. That's all there is to it. To hell with Ozzie. He sucks and he's proven it. I'm flat out sick of watching him between the pipes. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Ha!  The '02 team had the Norris winner and Norris runner-up on it.  Plus Jiri was playing out of his mind, along with Duchesne and Ollauson.  Our defense was incredible in '02.  '98 wasn't even close.

peace

I knew I said I would stay out of this GDT. But I am just too friggin' opinionated to stay out of goalie debates.

Anyways, NN, as I see it, Ozzie was great in the '98 Cup run. Sure he had the occasional bad game, but all in all, he played well enough to win. And despite what many say, you can't win the Stanley Cup without solid goaltending.

In my mind, there's little debate over whether Ozzie played well in 1998; but what happened well over 7 years ago has little effect on how good of a goalie Ozzie is today. He is not the same goalie he was back then, not even close.

Where do you see any mention of Osgood in my post? wink.gif

And to address your point. Osgood's cup in '98 was great and all but my view of him NOW is more caused by his play with the abyssmal Blues in '03-'04. He carried that team until they completely gave up on him in the playoffs.

peace

Osgood should be put on waivers... I don't care what anyone says... This guy blows games worse than just about anyone in the NHL... That's about the best consistency he's had this year. I'm sick of the Ozzie/Manny debate. Manny wins. That's all there is to it. To hell with Ozzie. He sucks and he's proven it. I'm flat out sick of watching him between the pipes. That's all I'm going to say about it.

ya get what you pay for.

Last time I checked in, we were up 3-1 in the second period.

WTF happened?!?!?!

We chased Turco early in the 2nd and the team decided the game was over. Maybe a couple players on a handful of shifts kept trying but other than that they all packed it in for the night.

peace

Guest ontariowingsfan

exactly!!!

babcock even said that. "Osgood won the cup 7 years ago and then something happened"

what a bad game tonight. what a train wreck. MY GOD!! 3-0 lead means NOTHING

Don't get me wrong, I am ALL FOR the bashing of Ozzie. I think he sucks and half the time never know where the puck is (I have never seen wrap arounds work on a goalie so many times). But, I find it funny how after games the bashing heats up, even when the losses aren't his fault. But hey, keep it up biggrin.gif . I want to see Manny in net Tuesday.

Then don't watch. Without his 12 wins we'd be good and f**Ked.

peace

Brining howard up for a playoff push is the most idioic thing I have ever heard of. Bring up a rookie who frankly hasnt shown anything for an important playoff push. I hope you have no decision making skills in your life, because you sir are a grade A idiot.

Why is it idiotic. I think it's more idiotic that you would defend Osgood after his performance THIS WHOLE YEAR. I'm thinking about next year already. Howard needs the experience and Osgood needs the boot.... idiot.

If you're sick of Ozzie playing then don't watch him when he's in net. Simple as that. Don't make stupid outrageous comments that aren't true after one freaking game.

Ha!  The '02 team had the Norris winner and Norris runner-up on it.  Plus Jiri was playing out of his mind, along with Duchesne and Ollauson.  Our defense was incredible in '02.  '98 wasn't even close.

peace

Where do you see any mention of Osgood in my post? wink.gif

And to address your point. Osgood's cup in '98 was great and all but my view of him NOW is more caused by his play with the abyssmal Blues in '03-'04. He carried that team until they completely gave up on him in the playoffs.

peace

The post you were responding to was making an attempt to discredit the goaltending of Chris Osgood in the '98 Cup run, and I assumed you were coming to his defence (as you should have).

And the play of Ozzie last season does not justify the lacklustre goaltending he's exhibited so far this year.

Last time I checked in, we were up 3-1 in the second period. 

WTF happened?!?!?!

We chased Turco early in the 2nd and the team decided the game was over. Maybe a couple players on a handful of shifts kept trying but other than that they all packed it in for the night.

peace

It seems like one of the biggest problems the Wings have this season is remembering that a hockey game is 60 minutes long.

peace

um, NN, don't you know anything? We would've had more wins with Howard or MacIntyre in net.

I am not saying the Wings lost completely because of the refs. The Wings only played one good period. The refs were bad the whole game, against both teams. Dallas converted better on their power play, which was the difference. What I am trying to say is that the referees did not help in this game. They need to be neutral, only calling what needs to be called. When they start calling things, they "think" looks like a penalty, they go too far.

wings have bennefitted more than most from these questionable calls. wings can hardly score five on five, but we have the best pp in hockey. without these questionable calls and our powerplay goals we wouldn't fare as well against anybody. ph34r.gif

Guest Yzerman_is_hockeytown

peace

Like I said some people hate osgood for the sake of hateing him.