• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

1/8 GDT: Detroit Red Wings Vs. Dallas Stars

Rate this topic

Wow! huh.gif I will hate to see the board the next time Manny has a bad game. Whatever happened to supporting our team?

Sure they played bad. Very bad in fact. I've seen it happen to other teams, we are not untouchable. Everyone loses, and it will be a reality check to the guys. Overall they've had a very good season, why rip any of them apart for one bad game?

Wow! huh.gif I will hate to see the board the next time Manny has a bad game. Whatever happened to supporting our team?

Sure they played bad. Very bad in fact. I've seen it happen to other teams, we are not untouchable. Everyone loses, and it will be a reality check to the guys. Overall they've had a very good season, why rip any of them apart for one bad game?

If Manny has a bad game, the fans won't rip on him. It's only like that with Oz. Pathetic I know.

And you're right. This happens to every team, and it most definitely is a reality check. Wings fans are just too damn spoiled that the second the team loses by three goals it's all chaos as if the world had ended.

there are varying amounts of time dedicated to stuff related to post-game coverage, but it's very hard to digest their broadcasts in general.  it's produced somewhere in the northwest and the anchors are totally disingenuous in their approach.  they act as if they are fans but are really professional broadcasters who do one show per timezone.  a few years back, while in colorado, i saw the same guy who acted like a detroit fan doing the intermission/post-game show for the avs.

the radio (1270) is where it's at.  too bad there's a signal coming from charlevoix on the same frequency, or you could probably pick it up.

Comes from Seattle. It's a joke the way they act like they care about Detroit teams. The best part is when a Detroit team plays a Seattle team, you can watch them twice, one time with a bias towards Detroit and later with a bias towards Seattle. I have no idea why they can't produce a show here, they have some local talent here that'd work.

So the DSR is really in Seattle?

Yes, but Mickey York, Trevor Thompson and the hunky Ryan Field are all local...the anchor desk and all the anchors are from Seattle. Aren't you glad you got up this morning to learn that piece of info? tongue.gif

Woah! That's not cool. Cameron Wong, too? Haha.

Ryan Field looks like kinda....well nevermind...

The Wonger too.... biggrin.gif What or who does Ryan Field look like?

there are varying amounts of time dedicated to stuff related to post-game coverage, but it's very hard to digest their broadcasts in general.  it's produced somewhere in the northwest and the anchors are totally disingenuous in their approach.  they act as if they are fans but are really professional broadcasters who do one show per timezone.  a few years back, while in colorado, i saw the same guy who acted like a detroit fan doing the intermission/post-game show for the avs.

the radio (1270) is where it's at.  too bad there's a signal coming from charlevoix on the same frequency, or you could probably pick it up.

Comes from Seattle. It's a joke the way they act like they care about Detroit teams. The best part is when a Detroit team plays a Seattle team, you can watch them twice, one time with a bias towards Detroit and later with a bias towards Seattle. I have no idea why they can't produce a show here, they have some local talent here that'd work.

Yes, but Mickey York, Trevor Thompson and the hunky Ryan Field are all local...the anchor desk and all the anchors are from Seattle. Aren't you glad you got up this morning to learn that piece of info? tongue.gif

He looks like he wears make up, and his eyebrows are too perfect, I think he likes Williams or something cuz everytime he interviews him he be staring at him in this weird freaky way. sdjslgjsjgksd

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Yes, but how many times have the Red Wings put on 18 shots Hopefully Manny can keep up his stellar play and the Wings can start winning again. Ozzie will get his chance to redeem himself. My only worry is that Ozzie has had a record (at least this year) of not playing well his first few games back after resting a few. That's not going to bode well for him if Manny stays healthy and Babcock wants to play the hot goaltender...

I didn't see the game myself (good thing it seems), but this doesn't bode well for Osgood imo. The Wings are going to rotate the two goaltenders in some fashion. He has to be able to play well after having a whopping two games off. That's just the bottom line. I think the Wings are going to give Legace his shot now and see what happens. Hey I like Ozzie well enough and all but if he needs to start in 70+ games per year he should have stayed in St. Louis....

What or who does Ryan Field look like?

This is the kind of bashing I like. Like mentioned before, he looks like he cakes on the make-up...particularly the lipstick, which sounds just wrong. He thinks that he is the hottest guy walking, but yeah really not so much. The pointy hair and eyebrows must go.

Wow!  huh.gif  I will hate to see the board the next time Manny has a bad game.  Whatever happened to supporting our team?

Sure they played bad.  Very bad in fact.  I've seen it happen to other teams, we are not untouchable.  Everyone loses, and it will be a reality check to the guys.  Overall they've had a very good season, why rip any of them apart for one bad game?

If Manny has a bad game, the fans won't rip on him. It's only like that with Oz. Pathetic I know.

And you're right. This happens to every team, and it most definitely is a reality check. Wings fans are just too damn spoiled that the second the team loses by three goals it's all chaos as if the world had ended.

Oh, they will if he ever actually becomes 'THE' #1 goaltender here.

I remember waaaaay back when Ozzie was the golden boy... when he was a backup. hehe.gif

Wow!  huh.gif  I will hate to see the board the next time Manny has a bad game.  Whatever happened to supporting our team?

Sure they played bad.  Very bad in fact.  I've seen it happen to other teams, we are not untouchable.  Everyone loses, and it will be a reality check to the guys.  Overall they've had a very good season, why rip any of them apart for one bad game?

I remember waaaaay back when Ozzie was the golden boy... when he was a backup. hehe.gif

Ozzie a craved backup??? On these very Wings??? NO WAY... get outta town! dry.gif

I remember that as well. Back then it was Ozzie could do no wrong. Now it's Manny. Next it will be Manny is horrible, and Howard can do no wrong..and so on.

I remember that as well. Back then it was Ozzie could do no wrong. Now it's Manny. Next it will be Manny is horrible, and Howard can do no wrong..and so on.

Hell a few more starts like Atlanta and JFH might just skip right on by the He is awesome phase in D-town.

He looks like he wears make up, and his eyebrows are too perfect, I think he likes Williams or something cuz everytime he interviews him he be staring at him in this weird freaky way. sdjslgjsjgksd

Hmm, wouldn't Art Regner be jealous? cool.gif

Hmm, wouldn't Art Regner be jealous? cool.gif

Haha, come on..I like Art!

nah, it's mostly just "the ministry" back-handedly bashing legace now.

You probably weren't referring to me, but I want to be clear that I was back-handedly bashing the goalie bashers, not the goalies themselves.

biggrin.gif

Hell a few more starts like Atlanta and JFH might just skip right on by the He is awesome phase in D-town.

i agree, damn that goalie fresh off college not being perfect. i mean jesus christ! hes played almost 5 or so games now in the nhl in his career, he should be flawless! rolleyes.gif

My Bad, I gathered that was the mind set of the fans on here with all the goalie bashing thread started after a losing effort...Goalies are allowed no slack and must be flawless all the time... especially when the team in front of them quits on them. Kinda like Mistakes are for the Minors and Once you make it Prime time in the NHL you are expected to stop everything everynight... nothing can get by you.

Edited by OsGOD

^ not if that one was that certain type of opened ended goal... whats that called??? ::::searching:::: oh yeah a "soft" goal laugh.gif

I don't think any Detroit Goalie in the history of the franchise has ever let in a "Softie"?

Anyone got a link of such an ocurrence?

Well now aint that a bold statement! However, I would open that up to the Entire NHL. Afterall they are Professional's aren't they, "softies" are something that NEVER happen wink.gif

I think that Osgood needed to be taken out of that game after the 3rd goal. After that one, he lost all confidence, as was flailing around his crease like a fish out of water. Osgood needs to be babied into goal, and he needs to save almost everything, or else his feelings get hurt and he throws a little fit and checks out. Then he recites a famous Cartman quote "Screw you guys... I'm goin home"

I'm sorry, but its just too easy to pick on this guy