• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
German Red Wing

MLB Season 2006 thread

Rate this topic

I can't wait to see Verlander pitch. I didn't like how in his two starts last year with the Tigers, he had Vance Wilson catching him. Why not have one of the best catchers ever in Pudge handle a rookie? Although I think one of the times Pudge was hurt.

As far as Rollin's hitting streak, I think its actually tougher to start up again. True, you are rested, but at the same time you're not in a zone. If he does break the record, and I don't think he will, he should get a seperate one. Longest streak over two seasons.

I agree from a confidence standpoint, having Pudge back there probably wouldve been better. But from what I remember hearing a year or two ago, Pudge's skills at calling a game really isnt all that good. Its very possible the team thought Vance is better in that area.

Can you imagine if Rollins gets to like 50 and theres a play thats ruled an error and not a hit, and his streak ends? I can hear Jesse Jackson's rant already!

the best part is, the Tigers aren't doing this the chintzy way. as Rod Allen pointed out, they have walked exactly one batter in these three games, and that's as of the start of the 9th tonight. they're mashing the ball and they're fielding very well. Tata came on and pitched nicely, bailed out a bit by the gloves behind him.

edit: Maggs just put one off the top of the foul pole biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by betterREDthandead

the best part is, the Tigers aren't doing this the chintzy way. as Rod Allen pointed out, they have walked exactly one batter in these three games, and that's as of the start of the 9th tonight.

you had to mention it right before a 9th inning in which Tata walks two batters.

Im really annoyed with the TV schedule myself...all these damn games that arent even on. Theres another stretch next week too with no TV...bulls**t.

I dont wanna jinx anything but this is gonna be a tough one for Justin to win...I can already picture Blalock smacking him around...

I was so set to watch the tigers last night. With direct tv, I am getting all the games during their free preview. SWEET!! I was disappointed to say the least when I turned on the game and they said that the game was blocked out in Detroit area. WHAT A BUNCH OF CROC! I can watch the White Sox and Royals play and the Yanks and Angels...but no Tigers.

thumbdown.gif to Direct Tv. I actually considered buying the Extra Innings package just to see all the tiger games. Not anymore.

Hell im just looking forward to being able to watch them on TV today! It'll screw with my usual PBA bowling schedule! , but hell im itching to watch the Tigs.

Verlander dominant yesterday! Shelton does it again with 2 triples and a single.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

First time since 1911 that the Tigers started the season with five wins in a row from their starters. And that doesn't even count, since George Mullin won three of those games. Five different ones this time. And yesterday they bombed one of the league's better pitchers in Kevin Millwood. It looks like the AL Central will be THE division this year, if the Tigers and Indians can stay strong, and the White Sox play like the defending Series champs. And not to forget the Twinkies. Pity the Royals.

Well its really early but this stretch of 7 games starting Monday against Chicago and Cleveland is gonna define the season to me! If they come home and go 2-5 or worse thats really gonna hurt. To me it'll show that they cant come through once the expectations become raised. Yeah i know its a 162 game season but im nuts like this...

your right about the next 7 games after today. The tigers will be playing so I am hoping that is an advantage. Right now tho, If they can go 4-3 or better, I am happy with that.

I found myself last night with the yahoo game channel updates on the tigers on the computer with the wings game on the tv. Honestly, I think I would have rather watched the tigers game. Kinda strange.

yah i was watchen the tigers game instead of the wings game...i guess its exciting to watch a team win that has never won before than watch a team that almost always win

thats what i was feeling too. Normally at this time, I am praying that the wings have a long playoff season so I dont have to watch a ton of tigers baseball. This summer may not be that bad.

I found myself last night with the yahoo game channel updates on the tigers on the computer with the wings game on the tv. Honestly, I think I would have rather watched the tigers game. Kinda strange.

Been feeling the same way lately. I know exactly why: baseball is my favorite sport, I didn't get to watch any Tigers at all last year, having been overseas during the whole season, and I've got Center Ice, so I rarely miss a Wings game.....in other words, I need my Tigers fix! And they happen to be doing very well, so, bonus.

If the Tigers aren't on TV, I recommend using MLB's site to follow the game online - it updates faster, and you get a neat little graphic with stats and junk.

Been feeling the same way lately. I know exactly why: baseball is my favorite sport, I didn't get to watch any Tigers at all last year, having been overseas during the whole season, and I've got Center Ice, so I rarely miss a Wings game.....in other words, I need my Tigers fix! And they happen to be doing very well, so, bonus.

If the Tigers aren't on TV, I recommend using MLB's site to follow the game online - it updates faster, and you get a neat little graphic with stats and junk.

i like the yahoo one. Plus I got to check on my fantasy team. Ironically, I finally have a solid team top to bottom..except no tigers...and i am getting killed by chris shelton and this other teams tigers..lol