• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
German Red Wing

MLB Season 2006 thread

Rate this topic

anyone else having trouble finding the game tonight?? "cheers" is on channel 20....

Its currently on a rain delay, they always throw Cheers on its place till the game's back on.

How do you give up a six run lead to Kansas City? Good Job losing the division Tigers, enjoy the huge loss to the Yanks.

Edit: Figures that the second i post this Matt Stairs hits a home run.

Edited by Kass

How professional is Matt Stairs? He's known since Day 1 of his tenure as a Tiger that he can't go to the postseason with them, he's got his mind on going back home to Maine and coaching hockey, but he gets sent in to pinch-hit in his last at-bat of the season and (for now) rescues the Tigers' chances at the division. Much respect for Stairs.

Yeah.... getting swept at home against the worst team in the majors (well 2nd worst after today) is pretty awful.

And in preparation for the Bronx bombers the Detroit pitching staff gave up 43 run in their final 5 games.... :scared:

how the tigers can lose their last 5 games when all they really needed was 1 more win is mind blowing. I had to work today so I was going nuts, not knowing what was going on. I took my lunch break strategticly around 1-2pm only to head back in feeling pretty good about a 6-0 lead. I was shocked when I got out of work at 5pm to find the game was still on. I live 40 mins away from work so the only thing on my mind was getting home as quickly as possible to catch the end. The game ended with me 2 miles away from home. The sadest two miles I ever drove home.

Thanks for the 95 win season tigers and hope that the good string of wild cards doing well in the playoffs continue.

Must remember to keep my perspective: We're in the playoffs, and the White Sox, Red Sox, etc. are not. Division title or not, this has been the best Tigers season I've ever seen. And I'd rather face the Pinstriped Assholes in a five-game set than a seven-gamer.

The odds of beating the Yankees in a 5 game series are about 3982265 fold compared to a 7 game series.

Correct. Losing the division and facing the Yankees was perhaps the best playoff position for the Tigers--they can beat the Twins and A's in 7...if they get past the Yanks they have a very good chance at winning it all; And it's easier to beat the Yanks three times instead of four.