• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

NCAA Basketball Season

Rate this topic

Wow can someone please agree with me here that Amaker should be fired. The guys is a great person, and he did clean the program, but that doesn't mean he can coach. We got a good recruiting class next year, and I think they should get a good coach to help them along.

I saw the suggestion on another board that UM is more concerned with running a clean program than running a winning one, and that they'd like a few more years inbetween the Fab 5 and trying to be a player again. I suppose with Webber coming back to the Pistons, the Ed Martin stories hit the airwaves when he came back.

The one problem if the fire Amaker this year, is I believe the good recruits they got said that the reason they're coming to UM is because of Tommy. Firing him creates a recruiting nightmare.

I saw the suggestion on another board that UM is more concerned with running a clean program than running a winning one, and that they'd like a few more years inbetween the Fab 5 and trying to be a player again. I suppose with Webber coming back to the Pistons, the Ed Martin stories hit the airwaves when he came back.

The one problem if the fire Amaker this year, is I believe the good recruits they got said that the reason they're coming to UM is because of Tommy. Firing him creates a recruiting nightmare.

You're right on the money, and thats the whole problem. Alex Legion from Oak Hill Acedemy, and Manny Harris from Detroit (who will probably win Mr. Basketball) are coming next year. If Tommy Turtleneck gets canned those recruits are most likely gone. I think AD Bill Martin is fine with being an average basketball team as long as its clean because he's embaressed from the past.

SEAN. M-F-ING. SINGLETARY!!!

This guy is the toughest, the grittiest, absolutely the most clutch player in ALL the NCAA. The man will run through a brick wall if it gets him a bucket. Twice, if it's a game-winner. Ice water in the veins.

This is why ACC basketball is the finest conference in all of college sports. What I just saw was easily one of the hardest-fought, most passionate games I've ever seen in my life. Fans bringing down the roof with the noise. Can you tell I'm really, really stoked about watching the 'Hoos beat Duke?

And, man, hats off to Duke, cause those guys played out of their minds too. What an absolutely unbelievable game. ACC basketball is going to a gym with 15,000 people screaming their lungs out for you to miss this free throw, and 4,000 of them dressed in orange, chanting "PAULUS SUCKS" and having that broadcast to the whole nation, and calmly sinking two free throws like it's just you and the bucket.

UVA basketball, baby. Anyone who's a basketball fan needs to find a way to watch a UVA basketball game and watch Sean Singletary. The guy is just unbelievable. If the ball's in his hands and the game's on the line, he WILL find a way to score. He just will. Did it tonight. Twice - once to send it to OT and once to win. Doesn't matter who's guarding the lane.

I'm psyched.

Game-winning shot: (Yes, he makes this.)

IPB Image

(i'd better stop talking about how tough and gritty Singletary is or someone out there will wonder if we can trade Williams and a pick for him)

IU beat the number two team in the nation Wednesday.

That was cool.

Seriously it was a really good game. I'm surprised the students stormed the court. I mean it's not like IU hasn't won a championship or two.

Edited by auxlepli

SEAN. M-F-ING. SINGLETARY!!!

This guy is the toughest, the grittiest, absolutely the most clutch player in ALL the NCAA. The man will run through a brick wall if it gets him a bucket. Twice, if it's a game-winner. Ice water in the veins.

This is why ACC basketball is the finest conference in all of college sports. What I just saw was easily one of the hardest-fought, most passionate games I've ever seen in my life. Fans bringing down the roof with the noise. Can you tell I'm really, really stoked about watching the 'Hoos beat Duke?

And, man, hats off to Duke, cause those guys played out of their minds too. What an absolutely unbelievable game. ACC basketball is going to a gym with 15,000 people screaming their lungs out for you to miss this free throw, and 4,000 of them dressed in orange, chanting "PAULUS SUCKS" and having that broadcast to the whole nation, and calmly sinking two free throws like it's just you and the bucket.

UVA basketball, baby. Anyone who's a basketball fan needs to find a way to watch a UVA basketball game and watch Sean Singletary. The guy is just unbelievable. If the ball's in his hands and the game's on the line, he WILL find a way to score. He just will. Did it tonight. Twice - once to send it to OT and once to win. Doesn't matter who's guarding the lane.

I'm psyched.

Game-winning shot: (Yes, he makes this.)

IPB Image

(i'd better stop talking about how tough and gritty Singletary is or someone out there will wonder if we can trade Williams and a pick for him)

Right when I saw the high lights to this I said out loud "BetterRed most be going crazy!!" My rommates were like "What the heck you talking about?" I was like oops sorry I was thinking to myself..... :lol:

Right when I saw the high lights to this I said out loud "BetterRed most be going crazy!!" My rommates were like "What the heck you talking about?" I was like oops sorry I was thinking to myself..... :lol:

I just about danced a hole through the floor of my apartment :D

Seems like there is a ton of parity going on this year in basketball. Lots of shuffling in the rankings. Top teams getting beat all the time. I think when tournament selection time rolls around, there will be some good teams with some marquee wins that won't make it, because there's so many to choose from.

Some signs seen at the game:

"SPORTSCENTER IS NEXT - UNLESS DUKE NEEDS MORE TIME"

"WE BEAT CLEMSON IN 40 MINUTES - DID YOU?"

Only in the ACC :D

Another look at the game-winning shot.

IPB Image

Ohio State beats Michigan...AGAIN....where's MannysBetter? ;)

Meh....Michigan basketball is so......boring. I follow them, and root for them, but frankly there's just nothing to get excited about. They lose all the games they should lose and a few they shouldn't, and it all adds up to nothing much.

AHEM....now Virginia basketball on the other hand.....have I mentioned it much lately? past couple days....hours....or so? :D As I post, we're up 10 at the half on HATED rival Maryland.....at Maryland where we haven't won since, I dunno, Ralph Sampson or whenever. Been a while, so I really want this one.

Go Hoos!

I also dont root for Maryland unless they're playing Duke.

I actually like Duke. Comes from upbringing, my family was always pulling for Duke in the tournament. Plus you can't not have huge respect for Coach K. But it's still extra-fun beating them and even more fun ragging on them when they visit. Maryland, on the other hand, I dislike everything about that program, fans and all.

So anyway.....Virginia 69, Maryland 65 :D

This means......ALONE IN FIRST IN THE ACC! :banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot:

I realize there's six games left in the season (seven including the nonconference game against Longwood), not to mention two against the very talented (and very despised) Virginia Tech.....then the ACC tournament....then, if we don't completely fold, the Big Dance.....so we still have a lot to accomplish. And of course, Boston College has a game tomorrow against Miami, so we're likely gonna have to share again tomorrow night. But DAMN. Even if only for a day, being the king of the king of conferences is something special. Even more so if you're not named UNC or Duke.

I just dont like the state of Maryland. I've been through there several times on the way to Virginia and the state bores me. Sideling Hill Outlook off the one highway was kind of cool, and Haggerston is ok, but most everything else about the state bores. Then again, I'm from Ohio, not exactly excitement captured in a bottle.

Sideling Hill Outlook off the one highway was kind of cool,

I wish I'd stopped there once. It was on my way to school so I must have driven past it 15 times, and always meant to stop, and always said to myself, naw, next time, I feel like getting home/back quick this time.

I've got nothing against the state itself. Cumberland is cool, even though the highway through it is death incarnate. Baltimore's neat, I've been to Camden Yards and loved it. Annapolis is neat. I just can't stand the Terps, or especially their fans. When the president of the university himself declares that out-of-state Virginia students "just don't know any better" than to go to UVA, I take that kind of personal.

Watching some Duke-UNC......Dickie V just listed his top three players in the ACC, in order: Sean Singletary, Jared Dudley, Al Thornton. Tyler Hansbrough fourth.

:D :D :D again

edit: More bragging: Vitale and his broadcast partner (for the life of me, I can't remember who it is) said Singletary and J.R. Reynolds are "the best backcourt in the ACC, maybe in the country."

I wish I'd stopped there once. It was on my way to school so I must have driven past it 15 times, and always meant to stop, and always said to myself, naw, next time, I feel like getting home/back quick this time.

I've got nothing against the state itself. Cumberland is cool, even though the highway through it is death incarnate. Baltimore's neat, I've been to Camden Yards and loved it. Annapolis is neat. I just can't stand the Terps, or especially their fans. When the president of the university himself declares that out-of-state Virginia students "just don't know any better" than to go to UVA, I take that kind of personal.

Yeah, I've drove by that place at least 10 times. I always stop because I usually need a rest stop.

So the score for the MSU/Purdue game was something like 30-30 at the half last night, when I turned my computer off.

I check today, and the final was 62-38, Purdue.

WTF :(

Yeowch. Since when did Pur_ue start playing defense?

How the mighty have fallen this season.....

Atlantic Coast

Boston Coll. 8-2 17-6

Virginia 8-2 16-6

North Carolina (5) 7-2 21-3

Virginia Tech 6-3 16-7

Clemson 5-5 19-5

Duke (16) 5-5 18-6

Florida St. 5-5 17-7

Georgia Tech 4-6 15-8

Maryland 3-6 17-7

N.C. State 3-6 13-9

Wake Forest 2-8 11-12

Miami (FL) 2-8 9-15

Big Ten

Wisconsin (4) 9-1 23-2

Ohio St. (3) 9-1 21-3

Indiana 6-3 16-6

Iowa 6-4 14-10

Illinois 6-5 18-8

Purdue 5-5 16-8

Michigan 4-5 16-8

Michigan St. 4-6 17-8

Minnesota 3-7 9-15

Penn St. 1-8 10-12

Northwestern 1-9 11-12

If they're not careful both could wind up in the NIT :crazy:

Michigan State's remaining schedule is:

Home & away with UM

Home & away with Wisconsin

Home with Indiana

Home with Iowa

I figure if the Spartans can beat UM, Indiana, and Iowa, that would put them at 8-8 in the Big 10 and that should be enough to make the tourney.