• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

NCAA Basketball Season

Rate this topic

Wooooow U-M sucks! That game was my final straw with Amaker. I give him credit for cleaning the program big time, and making it respectable but it's time to move on.

That was ugly, that was.

I'm none too impressed with my 'Hoos right now either. They completely embarrassed themselves at the San Juan Shootout, losing to Appalachian State and Utah, and narrowly squeaking past the host team, Puerto Rico-Mayaguez. Shades of Chaminade all over again. Two former UVA players that have since transferred made the all-tournament team.

We have one last tune-up - American U. - before the Schedule of Doom starts. Gonzaga and Stanford come to town, and then the ACC schedule kicks off with UNC, Boston College, and Maryland. Stroke of very good luck: UNC and Duke are on the schedule just once this year. We need to take advantage and go 9-7, 10-6 in the conference.

That was ugly, that was.

I'm none too impressed with my 'Hoos right now either. They completely embarrassed themselves at the San Juan Shootout, losing to Appalachian State and Utah, and narrowly squeaking past the host team, Puerto Rico-Mayaguez. Shades of Chaminade all over again. Two former UVA players that have since transferred made the all-tournament team.

We have one last tune-up - American U. - before the Schedule of Doom starts. Gonzaga and Stanford come to town, and then the ACC schedule kicks off with UNC, Boston College, and Maryland. Stroke of very good luck: UNC and Duke are on the schedule just once this year. We need to take advantage and go 9-7, 10-6 in the conference.

Michigan lost big to the undefeated, unanimous top team i nthe country. Meanwhile, Ohio State lost on the same day by a similar margin to a worse team.

Ohio State is ranked sixth after that loss. So Michigan played about as well as the sixth best team in the nation in one of only two losses this season...and that's enough for Amaker, who had NOTHING when he took over and has built this program from rubble...to be booted out?

Michigan lost big to the undefeated, unanimous top team i nthe country. Meanwhile, Ohio State lost on the same day by a similar margin to a worse team.

Ohio State is ranked sixth after that loss. So Michigan played about as well as the sixth best team in the nation in one of only two losses this season...and that's enough for Amaker, who had NOTHING when he took over and has built this program from rubble...to be booted out?

Yes he does. You're right he started with nothing. All he had was a bunch of losers who got in trouble (like Avery Queen) I apreciate Amaker for cleaning up the team, and making it respectable, but this team should make the tournement. On paper U-M is better then MSU this year, but if they played tommorow MSU would win for sure. If U-M goes 6-9 in the Big 10 (which is what I think) how can you let him stay around?

Maybe I'm wrong though...U-M has a very good recruiting class coming in next year (Legion, Harris, Grady), and last year's was also very solid (Morris, Udoh, Sims). Plus they are going to re-model Crisler and that can only help the appeal of U-M basketball.

Yes he does. You're right he started with nothing. All he had was a bunch of losers who got in trouble (like Avery Queen) I apreciate Amaker for cleaning up the team, and making it respectable, but this team should make the tournement. On paper U-M is better then MSU this year, but if they played tommorow MSU would win for sure. If U-M goes 6-9 in the Big 10 (which is what I think) how can you let him stay around?

Maybe I'm wrong though...U-M has a very good recruiting class coming in next year (Legion, Harris, Grady), and last year's was also very solid (Morris, Udoh, Sims). Plus they are going to re-model Crisler and that can only help the appeal of U-M basketball.

Until Amaker has had a couple teams that 'should' make the tournament and manage to choke it up, he gets all the time he needs.

If this team chokes it up in th Big Ten, and next year that happens too, maybe Amaker should go. But certainly not until after next year at the earliest.

Amaker's job is effectively that of the guy who will replace Matt Millen. Take a total and complete mess and bring it back to respectability.

I can't wait for the March madness to begin, Tarheels are going to be in the final 4.. And look out for the Oregon Ducks they look very dangerous this year.. Who's your guys cinderella story team?

U-M..................in the NIT :D . My serious guess though is MSU. I think they could go on a tourny run

So far both my teams look exactly the same in conference play: Racked up a few wins by beating the crappy teams. Michigan's knocked off Purdue, Penn State, Northwestern, and Illinois, all of which suck. UVA's beaten the ACC's bottom three: NC State, Maryland, and today, Wake Forest (40 points from J.R. Reynolds :D ).

Then again, we've been competitive on the road against two of the better teams in the conference, Boston College and UNC. Could have won either game. So hopefully we're getting better and better.

I think both Michigan and UVA make the tourney this year.

Weird:

Virginia played a game today.

Michigan played a game today.

Virginia was on the road.

Michigan was on the road.

Virginia was in a state capital (Raleigh).

Michigan was in a state capital (Madison).

Virginia played a team whose colors are red and white (NC State).

Michigan played a team whose colors are red and white (Wisconsin).

Virginia is now 4-2 in the conference.

Michigan is now 4-2 in the conference.

Virginia's final score was 71-58.

Michigan's final score was 71-58.

The only difference is that Michigan lost :( and UVA won :D :D :D :D

Wow can someone please agree with me here that Amaker should be fired. The guys is a great person, and he did clean the program, but that doesn't mean he can coach. We got a good recruiting class next year, and I think they should get a good coach to help them along.

WHAT A COMEBACK!! UVA down 61-47 to #17 Clemson, on the road, with 6 and change remaining.....and we came back to win, 64-63!! Look out for us in March!

Now I'm REALLY excited for Thursday! Duke is coming to Charlottesville and we'll be on ESPN. Not only do I get my first TV look at the new arena, this will be a huge ACC showdown, with a chance to knock off the Blue Devils and go 6-2 in the first half of conference play. The JPJA will be absolutely rocking.

My team, VCU, is up to #27 in the polls and has the nation's best conference record at 10-0. :thumbup:

I'm trying to find out, but I don't think they've ever broken the Top 25 before.

Edited by Happy Pancake