• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

As an afterthought, we all can call the 'hit' stupidity.'

I bet most people watching the hit were thinking at that very moment, "Wow, that's a really bad idea, Todd."

Who are we to judge him? Hasn't he paid the price for this already? Do any one of us know his mind?

I'm not really concerned with that anymore. His actions were deplorable and that people would defend them is repugnant to me, is all. He's on the team now and I want him to be successful.

Moore's hit on Naslund was clean. No penalty, no suspension, no fine. Naslund was unlucky.

Also, Moore fought Cooke earlier in the game Bertuzzi attacked him in. THAT should have been the end of it. Bertuzzi's actions were not warranted as policing...Moore had already fought two guys in two different games because he CLEANLY hit Naslund. As for the 'inclination' Moore was likely hoping to AVOID a physical confrontation with Bertuzzi, who is much bigger and stronger.

WTH is Matt Cooke? Matt Cooke is a fighter? Wow, just wow. Heck, I'd fight Matt Cooke and I'm 5'9". Fighting Matt Cooke would be like fighting Kirk Maltby. Steve Moore is SUPPOSEDLY a heavyweight.

Yeh it could take some time, but it be funny as hell to check through some old posts to see that some of the same boneheads who were mad as hell and down on getting Hasek this summer are cheering up & down that we got this chump.

And watch how it's gonna be the same people saying don't bring him back July 1st. :thumbdown:

Some of us can only laugh at the crystal balls that are always pulled out and peeked into on these boards.

Bertuzzi offers nothing of substance anymore. He sure as hell isn't the player he once was. Nowhere near it.

Get real. And check what we gave up ... NOBODY ELSE wanted this guy.

Get real. And check what we gave up ... NOBODY ELSE wanted this guy

Hmmm what we gave up so called was s*** all pretty much.. And im sure lots of teams wanted him they just didn't want to give up anyone.. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD GET A BERT JERSEY :thumbup:

WTH is Matt Cooke? Matt Cooke is a fighter? Wow, just wow. Heck, I'd fight Matt Cooke and I'm 5'9". Fighting Matt Cooke would be like fighting Kirk Maltby. Steve Moore is SUPPOSEDLY a heavyweight.

Actually Matt Cooke is TOUGH sorry to burst your bubble.. and good luck on fighting him :sly:

I bet most people watching the hit were thinking at that very moment, "Wow, that's a really bad idea, Todd."

I'm not really concerned with that anymore. His actions were deplorable and that people would defend them is repugnant to me, is all. He's on the team now and I want him to be successful.

It's not really about defending him. It's that there are players that have done similar or worse things (including players on this team) and no one is up in arms about it. That's my issue. I have stated many times I do not condone what he did, but I really don't believe his intent was to injure Steve Moore, and I respect the fact he would like to stick up for his friend and teammate. But I guess that's my opinion. Regardless, he's served his time.

Actually Matt Cooke is TOUGH sorry to burst your bubble.. and good luck on fighting him :sly:

Yeah, a real heavyweight! IF Steve Moore was such a tough guy, he should've stood his ground. I have yet to see Tie Domi, Probs, etc. shy away from anyone. But, I guess he fought TOUGH GUY Matt Cooke, so he's a stud. This thread gets sadder and sadder by the moment.

It's not really about defending him. It's that there are players that have done similar or worse things (including players on this team) and no one is up in arms about it. That's my issue. I have stated many times I do not condone what he did, but I really don't believe his intent was to injure Steve Moore, and I respect the fact he would like to stick up for his friend and teammate. But I guess that's my opinion. Regardless, he's served his time.

Yeah, a real heavyweight! IF Steve Moore was such a tough guy, he should've stood his ground. I have yet to see Tie Domi, Probs, etc. shy away from anyone. But, I guess he fought TOUGH GUY Matt Cooke, so he's a stud. This thread gets sadder and sadder by the moment.

:lol: Steve Moore was not by any means A TOUGH GUY, he was a 4th line plug at best... please take a look at these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xS2jJKVmtQ

LOL. So you're saying that the end result is what makes the actual HIT worse? So you're saying that if I get mad and push someone and they end up falling breaking their neck, that my push is WORSE than if I took my stick and swung it baseball style full across the face but didn't cause any major damage? That's just plain dumb. Sure the incident of someone breaking their neck is worse, but not the actual PUSH.

No, because we're not talking about pushing someone. Nice try though.

It was a blindsided punch to the head, THAT'S WHY the result was worse. We're talking about a 6'3" 245 lb guy hitting someone as hard as he can in the back of the head without that guy expecting it.

What part of that don't you understand?

Moore didn't fall and break his neck. Are you seriously trying to claim it was the pileup (which wasn't on Moore's neck) that caused the injury, and not the punch to the head??? :blink:

Which do you think is more likely to break someone's neck. An unexpected punch by a 6'3" 245 lb. hockey player to the back of the head, or a few hockey players piling on a guys body?

Or perhaps you're saying that Bertuzzi's punch to the face broke Moore's neck? Then that must have been one hell of a punch. Looks to me that falling to the ice, or having everyone pile on top of his head would have cause more damage to his neck.

Oh, yeah, a bunch of guys landing on your neck can't possible cause any damage. :blink:

check the replay slick. no one landed on his neck. and see above for my answer.

As for the football analogy... that's like me saying Bertuzzi falling on Moore couldn't cause the broken neck, or everyone in football would have broken necks. And the punch couldn't have cause the broken neck or everyone in boxing would have broken necks.

you're exactly right, because Bertuzzi falling on Moore almost certainly didn't cause the broken neck. Glad you're finally catching on.

And if a boxer came up behind his opponent and punched him as hard as he could when he wasn't expecting it, there would be a lot more broken necks.

A blindsided puch to the face from behind isn't a gloved punch to the face? Ok, if you want to get technical then Fedorov didn't cross check that player in the face, instead he blindsidedly crosschecked him to the face from the side. I'm not sure how that makes my point any different, but there ya go.

again, watch the link you posted. Fedorov comes from the side, where the guy can see him coming. I'm sure he wasn't expecting a stick to the ear, but he had a little time to react. Dragging Fedorov into the argument really has nothing to do with what Bertuzzi did.

And last time I checked, people's faces weren't on the back of their head, so no I don't call a punch from behind a punch to the face.

Seriously, McCarty's blindsided punch to Lemeiux and Fedorov's crosscheck to the face was every bit as bad as what Bertuzzi did, but unfortunately for Bert his guy got hurt badly from the incident. Anyone who thinks differently needs to take their Red Wing tinted glasses off and look a the replays a little closer.

- Houdini

you really need to watch some video. McCarty clearly jumped Lemieux, and Lemieux probably wasn't expecting it, but it wasn't from behind.

Ahh yes, the weakest response by someone who doesn't have a leg to stand on. It's the "anyone who disagrees with me" either doesn't know hockey, or doesn't know the player, or is a homer... :clap:

you need to quell your man-love for Bertuzzi if you seriously think that his hit was equivalent to what McCarty or Fedorov did.

Seriously. Are you from Vancouver or something?

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Matt Cooke is tough. He would beat your ass easily.

hahaha yeah. is that dude joking?

:lol: Steve Moore was not by any means A TOUGH GUY, he was a 4th line plug at best... please take a look at these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xS2jJKVmtQ

Oh look, it's Kirk Maltby, the TOUGH GUY!!!

Horrible argument. He had a couple nice hits, so it makes him a tough guy?

Matt Cooke is tough. He would beat your ass easily.

hahaha yeah. is that dude joking?

Just a little english class for you...

Oh look, it's Kirk Maltby, the TOUGH GUY!!!

Horrible argument. He had a couple nice hits, so it makes him a tough guy?

Just a little english class for you...

I do not English lessons. Do I feel a need to use such on a hockey forum? No. I get enough of English class when I go to school all day...and MAJOR in ENGLISH LIT.

Now back to the topic. Matt Cooke...he is a tough son of a ***** and he can fight when needed. I would be pleased if he was a Red Wing.

I do not English lessons. Do I feel a need to use such on a hockey forum? No. I get enough of English class when I go to school all day...and MAJOR in ENGLISH LIT.

Now back to the topic. Matt Cooke...he is a tough son of a ***** and he can fight when needed. I would be pleased if he was a Red Wing.

And going by your criteria, so is Kirk Maltby. Nuff said.

IF he was a Red Wing. The dude is a solid gritty winger...I believe we needed that at some point? Maybe I am wrong. Why are there so many ignorant posters here?

Cooke is a cheap shot artist,hits people from behind,takes stupid penaltys,just like Bertuzzi Edited by Draperfan

Great,thats all we need...another loser

Matt Cooke is GOD. Why, because, um, he scored one nice goal in game 7 against the Flames a few years ago!!!

While I like the style of hockey he plays, calling him a tough guy is a reach...

IF he was a Red Wing. The dude is a solid gritty winger...I believe we needed that at some point? Maybe I am wrong. Why are there so many ignorant posters here?

In a word: OVERRATED!!!!

How the hell can you say MATT COOKE is OVERRATED? The dude is WELL under the radar. I never said he was GOD. His style is something I appreciate and I think we could use a player like him. However we have BIG BERT now so Cooker is not needed. But he is one GRITTY son of a *****...by tough I didnt mean he can fight Laraque and win I meant that he can take hits, throw hits, throw punches and take punches. On a scale of 1-10 his fighting is like 6-6.5.

Cooke is a cheap shot artist,hits people from behind,takes stupid penaltys,just like Bertuzzi

This Bertuzzi fellow also has over 500 pts throughout his career.

how many of you think we will be able to resign him if all goes well? I would like to see him in the wings uniform for an extended period of time if he is healthy.

Same. It really hinges on his performance and whether he wants to play for us or not.

and just as many bad penaltys and cheap shots too

Get over the Moore incident. I hope Bert plays well for us and you eat your words. The dude is a SOLID hockey player that fits the big gritty goal scoring winger void that we had. What else do you want?