• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

Exactly.

Oh, except for the fact that McCarty and Lemieux were facing each other when McCarty jumped the Turtle. Whereas Bertuzzi chased down Moore grabbed him from behind and punched him square in the back of the head.

Which makes them pretty different.

Actually McCarty came up from the side, Lemieux was never facing him. But the end result was that neither saw the punch until it was too late.

Let's face it. Had Moore never gotten hurt nobody would even remember that hit.

- Houdini

This is detroit... all it takes is one goal or an assist and the nay sayers will be worshiping at his feet.

God I love the fact that Big Bert is on our team... I just can't wait for him to get out there and break some heads (wait bad form... bad form :ph34r: )

GO BERT!

Hahaha so true!

I'll admit I've never been a fan of his because I just HATED when they'd play against him..and of course for the incident but when I heard him, Guerin, or Tkachuk might be a Wing I got REALLY excited.

I don't know why..but hearing Bertuzzi on the radio kinda made me like him. He just seems like a very nice, down to earth guy. I kinda felt bad..actually.

He knows what he did was wrong and was just one of those insane, awful moments..but it's over with now and we should all move forward.

WOOT 44!

Major props to Kenny Holland on this one, it took some balls to make this move. Now that thats out of the way just let me say welcome to Detroit Todd Bertuzzi. It still hasn't really sunk in yet. For the first time, Holland has aquired the guy that was at the top of my list. Kyle Calder is a great aquisition aswell, i loved him with Chicago and i think i will love him even more as a Wing. TODD BERTUZZI is a Wing. Before the deadline i was actually pretty scared about the playoffs, now i am confident that the Wings can go up against any team in the league. We now have so much more balance to the top six, we now have more size and we now have an edge to the top six. When Bertuzzi gets fit he will be a major force for us, bring on the playoffs. I honestly believe that the playoffs this year have the potential to be the best of this era, the talent in the west is incredible and anyone in the playoffs right now has the ability to win it.

Exactly.

Oh, except for the fact that McCarty and Lemieux were facing each other when McCarty jumped the Turtle. Whereas Bertuzzi chased down Moore grabbed him from behind and punched him square in the back of the head.

Which makes them pretty different.

Of course they were different, McCarty was a Redwing.

While, I don't condone what Bertuzzi did, I don't condone what Steve Moore did either. This is exactly why the instigator rule needs to be removed, so panzies can't take runs at star players and then run away when a tough guy wants to fight him. If you want to take cheap shots at another player, expect consequences, don't run away like a little girl. Do I feel sorry for what happened to Steve Moore, yes. But if someone ran Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Lidstrom, would I want someone to take action, you betcha.

And it is very true, if Steve Moore did not get hurt, we all know there would be no discussion about this. What Kyle McLaren did to Zednik is probably worse, yet I haven't heard a thing about it in years. Wonder if it's the fact that Zednik is still playing?

Let's face it. Had Moore never gotten hurt nobody would even remember that hit.

- Houdini

:thumbup:

Hell, had moores own team mate never of jumped on Berts back he very well might of avoided falling down on him.

It really does suck that Moores career ended because of that, but he was not abolished of all evils himself. There was a very fine line (and that was the fact that Naslund was not "seriously" hurt) between him getting hit and him blind siding marcus naslund... The hit on Naslund looked to be the more dangerous, yet the one on Moore caused the most damage (along with his own team mates Piling onto him as he hit the ice) and was more critiqued by the hockey world.

Knowing that Bertuzzi stood up for his teammate and friend is what counts in my book! once again welcome to the mitten!

Edited by OsGOD

Who cares about the Moore incident. The guy makes one bad decision and he is being punished for the rest of his career. Show me someone who hasnt made one bad decision in there life and I will show you a liar. It was just like the McCarty and Turtle incident and we all love McCarty for what he did.

Who cares about the Moore incident. The guy makes one bad decision and he is being punished for the rest of his career. Show me someone who hasnt made one bad decision in there life and I will show you a liar. It was just like the McCarty and Turtle incident and we all love McCarty for what he did.

Many canucks fans that I talk to (apart from some weirdos signing up recently to start s***) they love bertuzzi still to this day.

I am wondering if the first time Bert makes Torres or Tootoo or Hartnell look like little pansies if they will still be calling foul about the "incident"

Of course they were different, McCarty was a Redwing.

While, I don't condone what Bertuzzi did, I don't condone what Steve Moore did either. This is exactly why the instigator rule needs to be removed, so panzies can't take runs at star players and then run away when a tough guy wants to fight him. If you want to take cheap shots at another player, expect consequences, don't run away like a little girl. Do I feel sorry for what happened to Steve Moore, yes. But if someone ran Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Lidstrom, would I want someone to take action, you betcha.

And it is very true, if Steve Moore did not get hurt, we all know there would be no discussion about this. What Kyle McLaren did to Zednik is probably worse, yet I haven't heard a thing about it in years. Wonder if it's the fact that Zednik is still playing?

Actually Moore already did fight after that. Moore never left his feet or rasied his elbow. That being said, he knew something would happen after and it did. A legit fight. Did I like the fact that Bert went after him for the hit? Hell yeah. Do I like what happened after a few tugs on his jersey, no. Was it a cheapshot sucker punch followed by forceing his face into the ice with a forearm? Yeah, one of the worst I've seen. Was Moores hit on Naslund even half as bad or cheap as Turtles on Drapes? Not even close, I've seen knee to knees that are worse than that. Claude was a puss, who pulled those types of stunts, then talked s*** after when approached by media. The biggest difference, Claude knew it was coming, Moore already had his fight. Do I think Bert intended to hurt Moore? yeah. End his career and break his neck? no. After listening to past interviews and recent radio conversations with Bert, am I willing to forgive, move on, and start with a clean slate? Hell yeah. I kinda like the fact Cheli won't be the only leauge wide player on the team to be booed. Something they can probably share a laugh in the locker room about. Q and A with myself has ended. :P

Actually Moore already did fight after that. Moore never left his feet or rasied his elbow. That being said, he knew something would happen after and it did. A legit fight. Did I like the fact that Bert went after him for the hit? Hell yeah. Do I like what happened after a few tugs on his jersey, no. Was it a cheapshot sucker punch followed by forceing his face into the ice with a forearm? Yeah, one of the worst I've seen. Was Moores hit on Naslund even half as bad or cheap as Turtles on Drapes? Not even close, I've seen knee to knees that are worse than that. Claude was a puss, who pulled those types of stunts, then talked s*** after when approached by media. The biggest difference, Claude knew it was coming, Moore already had his fight. Do I think Bert intended to hurt Moore? yeah. End his career and break his neck? no. After listening to past interviews and recent radio conversations with Bert, am I willing to forgive, move on, and start with a clean slate? Hell yeah. I kinda like the fact Cheli won't be the only leauge wide player on the team to be booed. Something they can probably share a laugh in the locker room about. Q and A with myself has ended. :P

You say Bert intended to hurt Steve Moore. I also feel that Steve Moore intended to hurt Naslund. THere was no other reason for Moore to go that low to try and hit Naslund.

You say Bert intended to hurt Steve Moore. I also feel that Steve Moore intended to hurt Naslund. THere was no other reason for Moore to go that low to try and hit Naslund.

Naslund was the guy who went low. Moore was in a "text book" hitting position. For the record, I have no problem with a player wanting to cause some pain to another when there star player gets severly hit, clean or not, but that's with a good hit or a good fight.

Guest THE CAPTIN #19

Just got back from Vegas.

Heard the news.

Threw up. :angry:

Goon. Selfish. Injury-prone. No-show in the playoffs.

I don't care if this deal was for a bag of pucks.

Todd Bertuzzi should never wear this jersey.

Ken Holland says it's a GREAT move.

Word around the rest of the league? Not alot of thumbs up.

But then again, isn't that usually the word on most of his moves? :thumbdown:

I agree 100%. Bertuzzi is a punk! Wearing this jersey does'nt change that.

Okay, there are a lot of threads, equalling a ton of pages to go through, so just curious if anyone reading this could fill me in on todd's current status? I mean, a month ago they said he would be playing before the deadline, so just curious as to how that is holding up? Is he skating? Practicing with the team? 1 week/2weeks away? Anything?

Okay, there are a lot of threads, equalling a ton of pages to go through, so just curious if anyone reading this could fill me in on todd's current status? I mean, a month ago they said he would be playing before the deadline, so just curious as to how that is holding up? Is he skating? Practicing with the team? 1 week/2weeks away? Anything?

I heard Mick say about 10 days, during last nights game. Not sure If that means to start skating, contact, or in the line-up. Honestly, I haven't been following Berts situation very close. Actually, I thought the wings were going to go with someone else.

Guest Don Corleone

I love this pickup. Welcome Todd Bertuzzi. Welcome.

Congrats to the Wings on getting the criminal.

To all those who don't like Bert because of the Moore incident... I remind you of the Fedorov hit that was actually much more vicious than the Bert hit, but didn't result in any injury thus most people forgot about it:

I don't believe many people hated Sergei because of this incident when he was here. Just something to think about...

- Houdini

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

i'm so sick of everyone bringing up the steve moore incident, imo bertuzzi never meant to hurt him like that, but it seems irrelevant to me. he served his time, (missed the entire season) and steve moores gonna make more of his lawsuit from tuzzi than he ever could playing hockey. It's in the past though, if you're a red wings fan, you should hope for bertuzzi to help this team as much as he potentially could. How could you not want a 6'4" 240 pound forward with great scoring touch on your team.

I for one am glad Bert is a Wing!!! OMG, I remember those games where Cheli did everything in his power to hold Bert off. He is definitely what the Wings need!!!

As far as the naysayers who are judging his hit on Steve Moore -- everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but IMHO, from watching the hit over and over again, okay. Yes, he did punch Moore and knock him down, BUT, Moore got hurt NOT from falling down after Bertuzzi's punch to the side of his face/head, but when everyone else jumped on top of Moore and Bertuzzi when they were both down on the ice. This hit was no different then when McCarty took care of Lemieux in retribution for the Draper hit, yet Lemieux got no punishment from the league nor the general public.

I think it's unfair for everyone to sit and judge Bertuzzi now, after three years. He has paid the price for this over and over again, why should it continue? I think we all need to back off and welcome him with open arms and lots of cheers when he hits our ice!!!

WELCOME BERT! GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!

I wont,i cant stand the guy...hated him as a Canuck,his last year as a Canuck he was a floater,never hit anybody he stood at cenre ice waiting for the puck while his teammates were fighting for it in the corner,why do you think the Canucks got rid of him? He hasn't been NEARLY the same player since the Moore incident hes afraid to hit anyone :thumbdown:

Yeh it could take some time, but it be funny as hell to check through some old posts to see that some of the same boneheads who were mad as hell and down on getting Hasek this summer are cheering up & down that we got this chump.

And watch how it's gonna be the same people saying don't bring him back July 1st. :thumbdown:

Some of us can only laugh at the crystal balls that are always pulled out and peeked into on these boards.

Bertuzzi offers nothing of substance anymore. He sure as hell isn't the player he once was. Nowhere near it.

Get real. And check what we gave up ... NOBODY ELSE wanted this guy.

Edited by motorcitykid

After having a night to sleep on it I've finally conjured a complete all-encompassing conclusion about this whole ordeal...

No one deserves to have their entire life judged by one moment. So I'm willing to give Bertuzzi another chance here in Detroit. I'm sure millions upon millions of people would be villified as well if the single lowest moment in their life was televised and performed in front of thousands of live spectators.

As for those who think he'll be a detriment to our team, you people need a serious reality check. Cut off at the knee's he'll still bring levels of physical play to our team far surpassing anyone else on the roster. The price was beyond reasonable as well.

Edited by Vincanni

Yeh it could take some time, but it be funny as hell to check through some old posts to see that some of the same boneheads who were mad as hell and down on getting Hasek this summer are cheering up & down that we got this chump.

And watch how it's gonna be the same people saying don't bring him back July 1st. :thumbdown:

Some of us can only laugh at the crystal balls that are always pulled out and peeked into on these boards.

Bertuzzi offers nothing of substance anymore. He sure as hell isn't the player he once was. Nowhere near it.

Get real. And check what we gave up ... NOBODY ELSE wanted this guy.

I love how you're putting words in our mouth saying come free agency we won't want him anymore. I did not know you could tell the future!

What teams in their right mind would NOT want Bert?

You say he doesn't bring substance anymore? LMAO some of you make it seem like the guy is at the end of career and doesn't have it in him anymore. He's freaking 32 years old, and one hell of a player that wants to come back, play his ass off, and prove those doubting him wrong. He's been through hell since the incident, and im sure he wants to get over that and finally get back to his old way, style, and great skill of playing that he's shown us *while playing against us* over the past four-five seasons. Give the guy a break and let him do his thing. He hasn't even stepped on the ice yet for the Wings and some are already saying he's done. You all need to 'get real.' It'll be hella funny come playoff time, and Bert starts lighting it up, and goes out there being a threat and indimating the opposition which the Wings haven't had in ages. Then what will all of you say then? Don't write him off when he hasn't even started yet.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033