• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Season Tickets

Rate this topic

No no no I'm totally 100%-ly dedicated to hockey. But where am I going to find a brown guy who likes the Red Wings AND me? It's hopeless b/c I don't even like brown guys. But this might not be the right forum to discuss this.

Anyway, it's my dream to have season tickets one day...

Be patient HR40, you will find the right guy. My wife knew nothing of hockey when we started dating, but she was very patient with me when it was playoff time. next thing ya know, she's watching games, and really, I mean really getting into them ( mostly because she thought Fedorov was hot, :lol: ). In the span of a year, she became a huge Wings fan, so I married her. :D

Be patient HR40, you will find the right guy. My wife knew nothing of hockey when we started dating, but she was very patient with me when it was playoff time. next thing ya know, she's watching games, and really, I mean really getting into them ( mostly because she thought Fedorov was hot, :lol: ). In the span of a year, she became a huge Wings fan, so I married her. :D

weird my current girlfriend, for about a year now, she was a big tennis fan, but now ive gotten her into hockey, and while she loves crosby cause she also thinks hes hot, she loves the wings now and is cheering most of the time with me, and going to espn zone so we can watch some of the games :lol:

weird my current girlfriend, for about a year now, she was a big tennis fan, but now ive gotten her into hockey, and while she loves crosby cause she also thinks hes hot, she loves the wings now and is cheering most of the time with me, and going to espn zone so we can watch some of the games :lol:

See...marry her while you can, good "hockey-wives" are few and far between. Although my wife to this day refuses to come watch ME play because she doesn't "Want to see me make a fool of myself" :lol:

No no no I'm totally 100%-ly dedicated to hockey. But where am I going to find a brown guy who likes the Red Wings AND me? It's hopeless b/c I don't even like brown guys. But this might not be the right forum to discuss this.

Anyway, it's my dream to have season tickets one day...

I think when you find someone who you are head over heels for...and is head over heels for you...and you both like hockey...that's the person you should marry :P And he'll be perfect and you can live happily ever after and buy season tickets.

Think about it this way. It's much easier for you to find a nice guy who likes hockey, it's much harder for the guys to find a cool girl who likes hockey as much :)

Edited by Offsides

Think about it this way. It's much easier for you to find a nice guy who likes hockey, it's much harder for the guys to find a cool girl who likes hockey as much :)

For real! :hehe: Thanks Offsides! And thanks to everyone else. Musn't settle!

Quoted for absolute truth.

One day, a couple months ago I was in the break room at work. A coworker who worked the front end at the time is like, "Hey man, I rang out a girl wearing a Wings jersey a little while ago. She was pretty cute. I thought of you as soon as I saw her." And I'm all...you couldn't call me or do anything to help me out? I could have killed him.

In the time I've been down here I've seen one other wings jersey, a flyers jersey(lol), and a blue jackets jersey. Luckily I didn't say anything to the BJ fan as we lost the next game to them...and I see this guy on campus every tuesday and thrusday now...

Wow my comment, "I'm going to have to marry a Red Wing fan though, or it may not happen" has turned this discussion from seasons tickets to dating and marriage :lol:.

Atleast those of you who are looking for a Wings fan to marry, you live in the Detroit Area. I'm in the Toronto area, making it a little tougher. Oh well, if I have to convert my future wife from the Blue and White to the Red and White, I will. I've converted a couple friends already, and a 3rd is on the way, so I can handle one more.

Yeah, being married to another wingnut is definitley the way to go. Although we are on the wait list, there is probably no way we'll have the money for season tix anytime soon - still, the few games we have been lucky enough to attend were well worth the expense.

We need like a hockey themed Match.com.

And no, it's not the GDT :P

edit: WE as in the collective we...I am not looking

I have my eye on you lady! :sly:

We need like a hockey themed Match.com.

And no, it's not the GDT :P

edit: WE as in the collective we...I am not looking

You could make some serious money off an idea like that, open it all to all sports and divide the matches into categories, hmmm good thinking Offsides! :cool:

I find it hard because no guy I know is as big of a Wings fan as me or even more so. I think I intimidate them. I want a boy who loves Wings hockey, is that too hard to ask? haha.

And yes, I'm keeping this dating/Wings part of the thread going...

Christy

I find it hard because no guy I know is as big of a Wings fan as me or even more so. I think I intimidate them. I want a boy who loves Wings hockey, is that too hard to ask? haha.

Christy

You must not be looking in the right places :huh: I can't imagine not finding a handsome , hockey nut (like myself : :lol::lol: -- totally joking ! ) Anywhere, just remember someone doesn't have to be a "hockey nut" right off the bat, you can also find someone with the portential to be "easily converted" like my wife! :D

I got season tickets this year after EIGHT LONG YEARS on the waiting list! We weren't expecting it so we had to sell most of them off.

You don't necessarily have to marry a RW fan. I ridiculed hockey before I married my husband and then he converted me. Now, I'm the obsessed RW fan in our house. So, guys, there's hope.

I got season tickets this year after EIGHT LONG YEARS on the waiting list! We weren't expecting it so we had to sell most of them off.

You don't necessarily have to marry a RW fan. I ridiculed hockey before I married my husband and then he converted me. Now, I'm the obsessed RW fan in our house. So, guys, there's hope.

Eight years? Wow that's patience, I wonder what the "average" waiting list time is?

My friend and I put our names on "the list" back in '95 as a graduation present to ourselves.... He got a phone call in September of '05 and I got one in October of '05. So for me it was 10 years. But each year the wings get further seperated from a cup the shorter the wait will be.

Was on the list 4 years, it has been fun having season tix but definitely over priced. Won't renew our tickets next year, and I suspect a lot of peaple will not renew either....unless the Wings win the cup. But sadly since I cannot afford another 4 g's for playoff tix, I would have to watch it on TV.

Dude there's still time. I figure I probably won't be able to get season tickets until I'm like 60. That's in 30 years.

so if my math is right, you are 20? jk

i wish i had season tickets. but even if i did i wouldn't see to many games. detroit is a 1hr and a half away and i can't drive.

so if my math is right, you are 20? jk

i wish i had season tickets. but even if i did i wouldn't see to many games. detroit is a 1hr and a half away and i can't drive.

Hey, I live right up the road from you (in Holt) so if you get season tickets for the both of us, i'll drive you to every game! :lol:

Edited by Elshupacabra

Christy

I am exactly in your situation. I think I scare boys too bc they're like ok you know TOO much. Yeah, I'm a rabid fan. Who suggested match.com Red Wings style? I'd be all over that! "Single female seeks Henrik Zetterberg clone..."

Hey, I live right up the road from you (in Holt) so if you get season tickets for the both of us, i'll drive you to every game! :lol:

sweeet. but now i need, oh.. some thousand dollars or so. :P

"Single female seeks Henrik Zetterberg clone..."

:lol:

I am exactly in your situation. I think I scare boys too bc they're like ok you know TOO much. Yeah, I'm a rabid fan. Who suggested match.com Red Wings style? I'd be all over that! "Single female seeks Henrik Zetterberg clone..."

Yeah, it's not that I expect them to be as big of a fan as I, but guys don't seem to like the idea of a girl knowing more about hockey and other sports than they do.

Christy

No girl could ever know TOO much about hockey! That's crazy talk! Heck, when I play pick up hockey on Wednesday's there is a husband and HIS WIFE who play with us, and SHE is better than nearly half the guys out there, and I think that's awesome!