• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Gary Bettman will be on at 4

Rate this topic

WOW! Bettman suggests that the fans of the Red Wings might not like going to the east because we might miss the "rivalries in the west." Specifically he said "Colorado." Does he not know it's dead? This guy pays no attention to his own league apparently.

Id would rather have them try to partner with NBC. Show night games on USA channel and Day games on NBC during the weekends. Plus NHL commercials can be played during primetime on NBC when alot of Americans are watching.

Edited by Jwo

Id would rather have them try to partner with NBC. Show night games on USA channel and Day games during the weekends. Plus NHL commercials can be played during primetime on NBC when alot of Americans are watching.

That would be awesome. Of course since it sounds good it won't happen since you know who is in control.

"Our profile on ESPN wouldn't have been as high."

"Versus treats us better."

I can't stop laughing.

:looney: Bettman

First reaction: :rotflmao:

Then, once I think about it a little. :crybaby:

Can we impeach him and put Brett Hull in there now?

thanks aflac. I'm listening to Mike and Terry go off on basically how horrible bettman is and now i can see why. Thank you twice, actually, because I was upset i missed this.

No problem. Bettman's ignorance must be exposed :D

I still cannot believe he thinks Wings fans would rather see Colorado more than facing Toronto five or six times a season. :rolleyes:

sounds like another case of Bettman either being totally clueless or insulting the fans' intelligence with his bald-faced lies.

Colorado rivalry??? Yeah, because how could Detroit possibly develop any rivalries against Original Six teams like Toronto?

Detroit will stay in the west because it's one of the more popular franchises and needs to stay in a Conference that doesn't have as many popular teams.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Without actually having heard the interview, I think Bettman's point regarding Versus is this: The NHL is pretty much the biggest thing on that network, and they treat it as such. You see commercials on other channels promoting NHL games on Versus. On ESPN, the NHL would have been behind at least 10 other sports and would not have been given the same promotional consideration from the network. I don't think Bettman is saying "Versus is better than ESPN". But, as out-of-touch as he is, maybe he was saying that... either way, on Versus, the NHL is a big fish in a small pond. With ESPN, they'd be that same size fish in an ocean.