• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

Red Wings attendance is DISGUSTING!

Rate this topic

Atleast the seats are sold, so the Organization has the money to reinvest in the team.

If you look around the league, everyone has empty lower bowl seats. Think about it, when someone/corporation has tickets to all 41 games they can't make them all. People still have a life to live.

It better if the lower bowl is corporate. How many of you are willing to pay $80 a seat? I'm not. If the lower bowl was left for the average fan and a game by game basis, the seats would never be sold.

Also, I don't like how people compare Detroit to Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. There's a lot more to do in Detroit than those Canadian cities, so the Wings have more competition around town for entertainment dollars.

I would pay $80 for a seat, instead of $150 on eBay. It's bulls*** that they buy them, and don't go. And then the little guy gets screwed. Typical.

Its no longer exciting if Detroit wins 50 games. Its expected. Its par for the course. Look at all of us on this board...pissed off about not landing the first seed by now. We're spoiled. Wings fans are spoiled. The season is basically a wash for a lot of fans. The Playoffs are where its at and even then, its about playoff depth with this organization.

Exactly.

I hate being spoiled.

It's bulls*** that they buy them, and don't go. And then the little guy gets screwed. Typical.

Welcome to America. ;)

How many of you are willing to pay $80 a seat?
Here was my view of the last game against Nashville (it was worth every last cent of the $85 I paid):

IPB Image

Edited by Gizmo

If you are a corporate ticket holder, or work for a corporation who has season tickets, I want you to read this:

f*** you.

Same to fans who are corporate apologists! Speak up and perhaps they'll cut back on them. They are going to have to--it's embarrassing for the team.

Edited by dicksmack

How can you blame low attendances on the fact that we’re successful and hence people are spoilt? That’s the worse excuse I’ve ever heard for low attendances. Surely if the team is successful and plays an exciting brand of hockey like Detroit does, people would want to turn up? Considering there’s a pretty reasonably chance you’re going see a win surely that would help with attendance figures? I can’t understand that reasoning at all.

Oh and $80 a seat does some incredibly high. I paid $20 for my ticket to the season opener of my home team in the AFL, great deal.

The fans are too busy feeling bad for ex-Wings on the other team to cheer. :)

I think it's the opposite, there too worried about former wings to cheer for their team. Kind of like a spoiled kid, who gets their attention focused on one thing, and forgets what really matters. That and the fact they haven't won a cup in a whole 5 years! :o That shook some of the fair weathers.

I've read that the Pistons are having the same problem. The tickets are sold but they can't get people in the seats. I think a lot of it has to do with the economic uncertainty around here. People just aren't willing to spend the money. Even if you get the tickets for a decent price, you are still looking at a fairly expensive evening once you factor in parking and refreshments.

I'm going to the game Saturday but I got raped on the tickets. I don't mind because I really want to go but I don't think a lot of people look at it that way.

^underrated reply

This just happened the other day to me. My brother (who is a manager) got free tickets for me and my other brother to go see the Pistons. Gas money + parking + any concessions was just way too much, even for free tickets. You're talking anywhere between 30-50 bucks even if the tickets are free. As a recent college grad, I just don't have that extra money right now.

^underrated reply

This just happened the other day to me. My brother (who is a manager) got free tickets for me and my other brother to go see the Pistons. Gas money + parking + any concessions was just way too much, even for free tickets. You're talking anywhere between 30-50 bucks even if the tickets are free. As a recent college grad, I just don't have that extra money right now.

So quickly sell the tickets. Then with the money you made, save it for the next time you get free tickets. Than use that money to pay for Gas money + parking + any concessions. :D

Work smarter, not harder. That's NFM#25's philosophy.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

IPB Image

:lol: Post of the week! Seriously, if Illich wants to solve the empty seat problem he should tell the ushers to give any empty lower bowl seats to the SRO crowd after the first period.

Here was my view of the last game against Nashville (it was worth every last cent of the $85 I paid):

IPB Image

For a one time thing though, that's fine. Are you willing to do that 40 more times this year?

I drove up from Cleveland for a game last year and I got to the exit off of 75 10 minutes before game time, and didn't get into my seat until the first period was over.

Does anyone think that parking is an issue? People don't want to deal with theat fiasco?

I know I really didn't know any side lots or whatever but it seemed a bit ridiculus that I waited that long for a parking spot.

I drove up from Cleveland for a game last year and I got to the exit off of 75 10 minutes before game time, and didn't get into my seat until the first period was over.

Does anyone think that parking is an issue? People don't want to deal with theat fiasco?

I know I really didn't know any side lots or whatever but it seemed a bit ridiculus that I waited that long for a parking spot.

There are A LOT better places to park then the Joe or Cobo, do your homework next time and ask around here! :)

Maybe Illitch should spend his dollars on a new hockey arena in downtown Detroit. JLA is horribly dated as a 21st century sports facility.

A new arena should have corporate luxury boxes. So most of the corporate types will be watching the game in their boxes or at the mid-club seats level. REAL hockey fans can sit in lower bowl and scream like crazy. Of course, you will have to take out a second mortgage to afford season tickets in the lower level.

Problem solved and no one will be bitching about Empty Seats disguised as Red Wings fans.

Maybe Illitch should spend his dollars on a new hockey arena in downtown Detroit. JLA is horribly dated as a 21st century sports facility.

A new arena should have corporate luxury boxes. So most of the corporate types will be watching the game in their boxes or at the mid-club seats level. REAL hockey fans can sit in lower bowl and scream like crazy. Of course, you will have to take out a second mortgage to afford season tickets in the lower level.

Problem solved and no one will be bitching about Empty Seats disguised as Red Wings fans.

I would hate to see the Joe be a thing of the past, I have a lot of great memories there. But that post makes a lot of sense...brilliant!!!

There's going to be a new arena soon. The lease on The Joe is up in a few years, and Ilitch knows The Joe doesn't comapre in terms of modern amenities to the new stadiums. I'd bank it on it being in the Foxtown area.

Of course, the way the Detroit area and Michigan economies are in the s***ter, no one would be able to afford tickets to the new place anyway.

Of course, you will have to take out a second mortgage to afford season tickets in the lower level.

Right, which is why it's ok if the Corporations buy them, even if they are empty. The team still get's the money if the seat isn't being used. Sounds smart to me.

Thanks to the season ticket holders and Corporations, we have plenty of money to continue to stay compeititve. If the Wings relied on the average fan to sell out the building, we'd be broke.

I would hate to see the Joe be a thing of the past, I have a lot of great memories there. But that post makes a lot of sense...brilliant!!!

I can't stand the Joe. Don't get me wrong, I've had some good memories there too, but the seats are uncomfortable and too close together- especially for your average 6 foot person.

Maybe they'll put a new arena where the old Tiger Stadium is. Are there any plans to do anything to that yet?

I can't stand the Joe. Don't get me wrong, I've had some good memories there too, but the seats are uncomfortable and too close together- especially for your average 6 foot person.

Maybe they'll put a new arena where the old Tiger Stadium is. Are there any plans to do anything to that yet?

The city is still trying to figure out what to do with it, last I read. Typical Detroit.

Unless Ilitch buys the land from Detroit, I wouldn't expect a new Wings arena there. Not when he already owns a bunch of land in the Fox Town area.

i have two opionions.

1. the fans don't want to leave the people here at lgw.com

2. i don't think detroit is the safest place to live in. i went into a wendys there and the had bulletproof glass, and a speker hole, and a little slide to put money through. people live to far away from detroit to go there for the 41 games or so.