• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Edmonton isn't helping us

Rate this topic

3-0 Preds in early part of the 2nd..... :( Monday's game vs Anaheim is huge if we can win it cuz it'll be possibly 103-103 going to Nash on Thursday with games even

Edited by Red Wings 516

Guest Tunbo Batman

didnt you get the memo? edmonton's fluke run is OVER man! they are back to being s***ty.

3-0 Preds in early part of the 2nd..... :( Monday's game vs Anaheim is huge if we can win it cuz it'll be possibly 103-103 going to Nash on Thursday with games even

i'm watching the game now. but when has edmonton ever helped us :P . if we lose to the ducks and lose to nashville, it could be over.

:lol: funny sidney crosby/gatorade commercial

Edmonton played last night in an OT game so they must be alot more tired than Nashville and... They the crappiest team in the league right now.

Surely you did not expect Edmonton to win.

Hmmm oddly enough yes.

If a non-playoff team can beat the Wings, then another non-playoff team can beat the Preds.

Oh wait that's right, the Wings are gearing up for a long playoff run.

Nevermind.

Guest Tunbo Batman

Looks like the Red Wings are in playoff mode since 3-4 games... LOL

that actually made me laugh quite a bit :P

i hope its not true of course :unsure:

If Edmonton loses enough games, Chicago or Columbus might just pass them up in the stadings. If that happens, it will really show what a fluke last years run was for them.

By the way, MacTavish should be fired. He is a horrible coach. He has absolutly no control of that team at all.

What's one reason Edmonton has been so bad over the last few years? Their first round draft picks have been busts. Why have the been busts? MacTavish. He refuses to play guys who aren't fourth line grinders. Just look at some of the recent players who have been busts because of MacTavish: Mike Reisen, Jani Rita, Matthieu Descoteaux, Mike Henrich, Alexei Mikhnov, and probably soon for considermate, Jesse Niinimaki and Robbie Schremp. That's 7 first round picks down the drain because MacTavish didn't like them, and in the two latter cases, doesn't like them now. He hates skilled players, just because they don't always go in the corners, and his coaching style is horrible. A good balenced mix, which is what that team would be if they had a good coach, is what wins. Not a bunch of Ethan Moreau clones. Two or three of those kind of guys are good, but not a whole team filled with them.

Edmonton will get nowhere as long as MacTavish is at the helm. They can continue to draft guys like I mentioned, who are very good goal scorers, but if MacTavish is coach they will never live up to their potential because he only likes to play 4th line grinders.

edit: yeah my post is long. It's late, and I'm bored. Gave me something to do by researching all those first round draft picks.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Be fair guys. Edmontons had the worst injury troubles over any team BY FAR. I think they had 11 regulars out of the lineup at one point.

As for us facing Vancouver, does it make a difference? Minnesota, Vancouver, Anaheim, Dallas, San Jose, even Calgary. Im just scared of all of them.

If Edmonton loses enough games, Chicago or Columbus might just pass them up in the stadings. If that happens, it will really show what a fluke last years run was for them.

By the way, MacTavish should be fired. He is a horrible coach. He has absolutly no control of that team at all.

What's one reason Edmonton has been so bad over the last few years? Their first round draft picks have been busts. Why have the been busts? MacTavish. He refuses to play guys who aren't fourth line grinders. Just look at some of the recent players who have been busts because of MacTavish: Mike Reisen, Jani Rita, Matthieu Descoteaux, Mike Henrich, Alexei Mikhnov, and probably soon for considermate, Jesse Niinimaki and Robbie Schremp. That's 7 first round picks down the drain because MacTavish didn't like them, and in the two latter cases, doesn't like them now. He hates skilled players, just because they don't always go in the corners, and his coaching style is horrible. A good balenced mix, which is what that team would be if they had a good coach, is what wins. Not a bunch of Ethan Moreau clones. Two or three of those kind of guys are good, but not a whole team filled with them.

Edmonton will get nowhere as long as MacTavish is at the helm. They can continue to draft guys like I mentioned, who are very good goal scorers, but if MacTavish is coach they will never live up to their potential because he only likes to play 4th line grinders.

edit: yeah my post is long. It's late, and I'm bored. Gave me something to do by researching all those first round draft picks.

Rita and Miknov were the worst that MacT killed. Rita was thought to have great offensive upside , a 20 goal scorer , where is he now ? I do not know.

Mikhnov was supposed to be a 30 goal scorer and a good 2 way player. Where is he know ? I do not know.

Rita and Miknov were the worst that MacT killed. Rita was thought to have great offensive upside , a 20 goal scorer , where is he now ? I do not know.

Mikhnov was supposed to be a 30 goal scorer and a good 2 way player. Where is he know ? I do not know.

Rita is playing in Finland. He currently has 32 goals and 20 assists, combining for 52 points in 56 games. He might get another shot in the NHL next year with Pittsburgh if he keeps this up.

Mikhnov started the season with Edmonton and played only 2 games (and hardly any minutes thanks to MacTavish). He had 18 points (6 goals, 12 assits) in 27 AHL games this season before returning to Russia. I've heard that unless the Oilers trade Mikhovs NHL rights, he will stay in Russia next year.

I missed something here. Since when was it Edmonton's job to help the Wings win anything? :unsure:

When Detroit starts relying on the actions of any other team in the league, then we're in trouble.

Guest Tunbo Batman

you mean like the habs have been doing all of this past month? :P

About MacT and the Oilers. Yup, thats what we have that they never will. BALANCE. STAYING POWER. Here, success is a given. Playoffs are a given ; Season championship almost the norm; a first-round exit is "an upset" ; a Stanley cup is possible every year ; 5 losses in a row, unthinkable. Over there, its the opposite...they are accustomed to being losers. All they think about is "working hard" and "being in playoff mode" yadda yadda. One ounce of success, and they are in over their head, they get all cocky and arrogant. Nothing good (in the long term) will never come out of such an organization. Im from canada, and its national law here that you have to root for the ****ing canadian teams and the god ***ned underdogs, but i don't. I hate the **** out of them.

Guest Crymson

i'm watching the game now. but when has edmonton ever helped us :P . if we lose to the ducks and lose to nashville, it could be over.

:lol: funny sidney crosby/gatorade commercial

Ummm... WHAT could be over?

Let me list to you, on another note, one of my favorite--sarcasm.. least favorite-- LGW quotes (with the poster's grammar emulated): "we wont get the presidents trophy and well go into the playoffs against a team thats stronger than we are. i cant see any hope for success."

^^^ I gave this guy a new pair of concrete shoes, then took him for a swim in Lake Michigan.

Again, winning the division and placing 1st/2nd would be nice, but we have to quit fretting about what Nashville does/doesn't do and let the Wings worry about themselves.

It's not really going to matter where they place because any first round matchup for all eight teams will be very, very difficult. It's an extremely wide open gate for the conference this year, no one team is going to have a walk in the park.

The importance of standings and the like go like this for me...

(1) Wings are as healthy as possible going into the playoffs

(2) Wings have some good momentum going into the playoffs, which there is a good chance of happening I think with Chicago/Columbus on schedule (with no disrespect to them) and the Wings probably breaking out of their funk soon, IMO

(3) Winning the division, due to the conference playoffs chase being so wide open