• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

livediehockey80

Door Number 5 or Calgary in First Round of Playoffs

Rate this topic

No team is a safe bet in the playoffs. I think last year and the past have shown it in the West.

Edited by Jwo

san jose is really starting to scare me this season, but if nabakov plays then we are fine bc we have his number.

dallas has been a descent team except turco falls apart against us

calgary scares me ever since we played them a few years ago.

minnesota is not as good as they were in the begining of the season

i would rather take my chance against dallas in the first round and let the ducks and sharks take each other out. that would be ideal

edit: spelling (probably still wrong, sorry)

Edited by puckhog419

These playoffs won't be easy at all.. Seeds 1-8 could all potentially have 100 points when the season ends

Edit: grammar

That's a great point, I think it's a forgone conclusion that Dallas, Minnesota, and San Jose will get at least 2 more points before the playoffs, ALSO, in the east New Jersey, and Ottawa should also get at least two more points. That makes ELEVEN teams between the two conferences that will have 100 or more, can any one say for sure is that an NHL record? ( I would think it has to be! )

Edited by Winged Scooter

That's a great point, I think it's a forgone conclusion that Dallas, Minnesota, and San Jose will get at least 2 more points before the playoffs, ALSO, in the east New Jersey, and Ottawa should also get at least two more points. That makes ELEVEN teams between the two conferences that will have 100 or more, can any one say for sure is that an NHL record? ( I would think it has to be! )

Yeah i wonder, its got to be pretty damn close if not

Yeah for some reason the Wings don't play very well against the Canucks

....and the Canucks seem to elevate their game everytime the face the Wings.

Canucks are my biggest worry....then Anehiem then San Jose. Toss up between 4 teams.- including the Wings for the West IMHO.

Anyround.....Wings over.......

Dallas in 5....

Nashville in 6

Minnesota in 7

Calgary in 6(we have home ice. Calgary sucks on the road)......

Yes...it would be the first time in history, however, remeber, this is the "New NHL"...three point games with a winner evry night. Kinda skews the stats.

....and the Canucks seem to elevate their game everytime the face the Wings.

Canucks are my biggest worry....then Anehiem then San Jose. Toss up between 4 teams.- including the Wings for the West IMHO.

Anyround.....Wings over.......

Dallas in 5....

Nashville in 6

Minnesota in 7

Calgary in 6(we have home ice. Calgary sucks on the road)......

Yeah every time i've been to a game at gm place when the wings come to town, the Canucks seem to play very well. Yeah all the wings need is home ice and we'll be fine.. But the Flames are starting to win games on the road as the season nears

minnesota scares me....young goalie on hot-streak+fast skating, trapping team...sounds like Oilers 06, Flames 05, Ducks 03

just so you know we are 3-0-1 against Minnesota this season and if you are looking at goaltending then you have to look at Luongo and the Canucks as the scariest team to face in the playoffs

Who was it that intentionally lost at the end of the season in the NBA last year so they wouldn't have to play the Mavs? Yeah, sometimes losing is smart. That being said, I agree that you should play every game to win.

Edited by Turretin

I can't imagine why anybody - especially a mid-eastern team like Nashville or Detroit - would look forward to playing Calgary in the first round. It's a big drag on the players with all the travel, and Calgary is not just going to roll over and die, they're going to take whoever they play to the limit. I'll take Dallas or Minnesota over Calgary without question...I put San Jose on the same level as Calgary, an overall good team with some flaws, but if they heat up they could go far.

Who was it that intentionally lost at the end of the season in the NBA last year so they wouldn't have to play the Mavs? Yeah, sometimes losing is smart. That being said, I agree that you should play every game to win.

Why would you want to intentionally want to lose, i never did get that in sports.. Don't you think going into the playoffs you would want to go on a winning note, and not a losing note

Why would you want to intentionally want to lose, i never did get that in sports.. Don't you think going into the playoffs you would want to go on a winning note, and not a losing note

On a related note, many accused the 83-84 Pittsburgh Penguins of deliberately losing games so they could secure themselves the first pick in '84 and draft Lemieux.

It really doesn't matter to me in the grand scheme of things.

Of course I'd like to see the WIngs wrap up the division and get home ice advantage throughout, but we got to focus on the bigger picture here, winning it all.

And this year to win it all, at least in the Western Conference, there's very little parity between any of the eight seeds IMO. So seeding is almost irrelevant IMO in the grand scheme of things.

I think picking your poison just brings bad karma. :thumbdown: Try to win your own games and see what happens.

absolutely correct. people get way too caught up in who were going to play in the first round and psych themselves out before the playoffs even start. if we're going to win a championship, we're going to have to beat some good teams. so lets just show up where and when the league tells us to and go from there.

Doesn't home ice advantage mean anything anymore? Why would anyone want the wings to drop to the 4th position? So they can go on the road to start round 2 or 3? I like the idea of top seed and having home ice. The Wings will get the best performance from any playoff team they play because teams respect them and know they have to play their best to beat them. The Wings need to have that same thought, and play their absolute best against whomever they play. Yes they are a veteran team and yes they've been there before, but there is no reason to take the playoffs lightly. Its time to turn it up a notch and really get after whomever they draw! Of all the teams in the playoffs, the Sharks seem like the team that the Wings have had the most trouble with in the regular season.

Dallas, Minnesota, and Nashville are the teams I would most prefer to face. Therefore, Im either hoping for Nashville to take first overall or Anaheim to take first overall which means wed either face Dallas or Minny.

Minnesotas been playing awesome lately, but I really think Detroits defense can lock Gaborik, Demitra, and Rolsoton down. None of their other forwards worry me, they arent overly physical, and I think Detroits defensive game is better than theirs anyways. Goaltending may be an issue, but Backstrom is a rookie...and theres no goaltender that can stop Datsyuk and Zetterberg when they want to score, so..