• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

4/1 GDT: Red Wings @ Blue Jackets

Rate this topic

Dom definately needs to have a better game if he is in net. Sure he played gr8 for 2 1/2 periods but he needed to step it up late in the third and SO. 5-2 Wingz.

18 players on the Red Wings bench get paid more than Hasek, where were they? No one want to win more than Dom. He'll be there when it counts, but he wasn't the reason they lost Friday night - he was the reason they didn't lose in regulation, however. Watch a good OT and SO team like the Stars and tell me the shooters and defense are not the key reasons a team wins or loses in either.

I hope to pete they show up today and are not disheartened by losing their rock of Gibraltar, Nick.

18 players on the Red Wings bench get paid more than Hasek, where were they? No one want to win more than Dom. He'll be there when it counts, but he wasn't the reason they lost Friday night - he was the reason they didn't lose in regulation, however. Watch a good OT and SO team like the Stars and tell me the shooters and defense are not the key reasons a team wins or loses in either.

I hope to pete they show up today and are not disheartened by losing their rock of Gibraltar, Nick.

:clap: I totally agree dom has taken a lot of abuse on these boards recently and i personely think it's out of order , the guys carried this team in a lot of games this season.

:clap: I totally agree dom has taken a lot of abuse on these boards recently and i personely think it's out of order , the guys carried this team in a lot of games this season.

April Fools...............................Right? :hehe:

Call this one a schedule loss. I don't think Detroit wins this game. Not after the Thursday and Friday games. Probably 4-2 Columbus and we just look tired.

No offense and you're probably right... but I don't give them room for excuses. There will be no easy games in the playoffs when the Wings can get a bye because they are tired. Everyone else has the same schedule of games down the stretch -- just more critical ones and against tougher teams than the Wiings are facing.

EDIT: I hope to see Bert have a big game today. :thumbup:

Edited by puckloo39

Blue Jackets 13, Red Wings 2

Asked about Andreas Lilja deflecting 7 pucks into his own net, coach Mike Babcock replied, "Lils really stepped up his game today. That's what we were looking for today, especially without Lids, although we probably should have explained to him which team he needed to step his game up for."

Sergei Fedorov was booed every time he touched the puck. But the gifted Russian centerman had a different take on the chants from the JLA faithful. "Those weren't boos. They were saying, 'moooooovers'."

Detroit GM Ken Holland explained about the injury suffered by defenseman Nik Kronwall as he read from a medical report. "Nik suffered a broken sacrum, which is right next to his coccyx, which... hey, wait, what's going on here? Is this someone's idea of a joke? Is this someone's idea of funny? Who wrote this medical report? We'll see how funny he thinks losing his job is for inserting juvenile words into this medical report and trying to make me look like a fool!" Holland then slammed the report down and stormed off.

The divide between the coaching staff's prognosis for Henrik Zetterberg's return to the ice and the prognosis of Zetterberg himself continued to grow. Coach Mike Babcock: "Hank? Hank was on the ice in the last game. Yeah, he's fine. He's been back since the Dallas game. What, you missed it? That's your problem, not mine. Yeah, he's 100%, that's why he's back." Henrik Zetterberg: "I'm done with hockey, I'll never be able to play again. I'm thinking of opening a Dairy Queen in Southfield."

Hmm. Without Lidstrom...let's put it this way...we don't always win. I think we will see a big difference. And no Krons. But Lebda is back...but will he be 100%? UGH. Ailing Defense.

So, it's not an uber-important game. I don't see us winning it short of 3 things.

1. Dom totally steals the game, stands on his head, and it is as awesome as you can get. (Pretty much what our goaltending has had to do to win any games lately)

2. Our Offense actually puts up a good number of points.

3. Columbus just flat out sucks.

We need at least 2 of those 3 things to win, because with that D...hmm...I hope I'm wrong. But no score prediction as always.

Edited by Offsides

Asked about Andreas Lilja deflecting 7 pucks into his own net, coach Mike Babcock replied, "Lils really stepped up his game today. That's what we were looking for today, especially without Lids, although we probably should have explained to him which team he needed to step his game up for."

Sergei Fedorov was booed every time he touched the puck. But the gifted Russian centerman had a different take on the chants from the JLA faithful. "Those weren't boos. They were saying, 'moooooovers'."

Detroit GM Ken Holland explained about the injury suffered by defenseman Nik Kronwall as he read from a medical report. "Nik suffered a broken sacrum, which is right next to his coccyx, which... hey, wait, what's going on here? Is this someone's idea of a joke? Is this someone's idea of funny? Who wrote this medical report? We'll see how funny he thinks losing his job is for inserting juvenile words into this medical report and trying to make me look like a fool!" Holland then slammed the report down and stormed off.

The divide between the coaching staff's prognosis for Henrik Zetterberg's return to the ice and the prognosis of Zetterberg himself continued to grow. Coach Mike Babcock: "Hank? Hank was on the ice in the last game. Yeah, he's fine. He's been back since the Dallas game. What, you missed it? That's your problem, not mine. Yeah, he's 100%, that's why he's back." Henrik Zetterberg: "I'm done with hockey, I'll never be able to play again. I'm thinking of opening a Dairy Queen in Southfield."

Yeah and Hasek and Lang have just bet who will have more points in the playoffs!

:lol::lol::lol: That would be a busy Dairy Queen!

We're not going to win. I feel bad...but we're not. Anytime we have the chance to take a comfortable points lead against Nashville, we tank. Plus it's an afternoon game. I don't know...prove me wrong boys.

AHAHA I miss this!!

You need to do them for the playoffs! :D

Ha, that's great. I would go to his Dairy Queen. You know, team support and all. Poor Sergei, getting boo'ed in his own rink? ;)

i think its gonna be a high scoring game

no lidstrom or kronwall on defense will be huge , i expect columbus to score a few and i expect us to score a few as well since were at home

And by "we're at home" you mean "we're away." It's ok...I get it.

A RETURN TO GREATNESS :clap:

Okay, repeat after me Wings:

We WILL get a nice lead

We WILL keep the nice lead

We WILL win the game in regulation

We WILL NOT loose the lead

We WILL NOT loose in s shootout.

:P

cool, Hullie is commentating this. He loves Dats. Surprise! Ferraro says losing Kronner is big, and that Hasek stinks. Really?

THE Brett Hull? Is he commentating these days? Nice!

Yeh no surprise to see him talking up Dats, how many times did he rave about him to the press? :P

I am going to spend the entire GDT trying to figure out if people mean what they're posting or not. :P

Hi Loo! I'm in Chicago now! And yeah...instead of unpacking I'm going to do the same. I'm just sitting here in my pajamas watching the game.

GO WINGS!!! Bert interview!

2:03am, bring it on.

Rock on. Just because of that Flip is going to score today.

I am going to spend the entire GDT trying to figure out if people mean what they're posting or not. :P

I promise not t o play an April fool on you Loo!

Or do I? :sly::lol: