• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

4/1 GDT: Red Wings @ Blue Jackets

Rate this topic

Good game! Nice to see Homer getting a couple! I like that, I like that!

Also, I thought Dom made a couple of huge saves.

I like Lebda more every game this season, he is fast becoming one of my favorites!

Good game! Nice to see Homer getting a couple! I like that, I like that!

Also, I thought Dom made a couple of huge saves.

I like Lebda more every game this season, he is fast becoming one of my favorites!

I love your avatar! Love them both a bunch.

Dom deserved that shut out, but he probably doesn't care as much about that as the fact that they didn't lay down and quit on him today, everyone played great! Yay for Homer, I wanted a hattie for him!

And Lebda... he's fantastic. Who wouldn't want him on their team? :thumbup:

By the by, I think Hull was playing an elaborate April Fool's joke today with his commentary, and we were too dumb to get it. Either that, or he was drunk.

;)

Wish I could get excited about todays win but really I'm struggling to find any benefit from playing Calgary 1st round. Expecially considering with Minnasota's remaining schedule and Colorado virtually out of the playoffs they're for the most part a lock for 8th spot. I'd be fine with us just resting half our team these next few games, maybe get Zetterberg in a few games to get his wheels back.

However I hate rooting against the wings so I can't help but want to win every remaining game >_< Wish this wasn't so complicated, more so I wish Minnasota would stumble into the eight slot.

On a side note is it Vs./Yahoo sports April fool's day prank to air the Chicago/Edmonton game live via stream internet today?

I just can't believe how far he's come in the past couple of season, before that i thought he was just going to be a roster player to fill out the griffins team, but he took his chance and look where he is now. :clap:

I said this last year--Lebda is alot like a 2nd Paul Coffey with his speed and puck rushing skills up the ice! the only diff right now in the 2 is that Lebda isnt pinching up the ice all the time like Coffey used too!

PS--Dammit I missed the game today--1st one all year--thought it started at 2:30 not 12:30 I am pissed!!!

Edited by Lazerbeam

Ok. So I was on my way to Dayton, OH, to visit family and had to listen to the game on XM radio. It sounded like Dom played well, and I was really pissed that he lost his shutout so late in the game.

I was stoked about Holmstrom's two goals though!!

Good win for the Wings, though!

Neat little win by a team shorthanded a bit against a BJ's team that's better than their record.

Hasek did well early, the team overall started to get some breaks starting in the 2nd and they played well straight from there.

Wish I could get excited about todays win but really I'm struggling to find any benefit from playing Calgary 1st round. Expecially considering with Minnasota's remaining schedule and Colorado virtually out of the playoffs they're for the most part a lock for 8th spot. I'd be fine with us just resting half our team these next few games, maybe get Zetterberg in a few games to get his wheels back.

However I hate rooting against the wings so I can't help but want to win every remaining game >_< Wish this wasn't so complicated, more so I wish Minnasota would stumble into the eight slot.

On a side note is it Vs./Yahoo sports April fool's day prank to air the Chicago/Edmonton game live via stream internet today?

you assume calgary is gonna finish in 8th. they are only 2 points behind minnesota and they have a game in hand

you assume calgary is gonna finish in 8th. they are only 2 points behind minnesota and they have a game in hand

As much as I'd love to see Calgary pass Minnesota, Minnesota has nothing but home games left, 2 against Edmonton and the last versus St Louis. Edmonton just proved today in a lose to Chicago that they are truly the crappiest team in the league currently so it's hard to realistically see the Wild doing anything but going 3-0, not too mention they have the tie breaker on Calgary too. I'm still gonna hope for Calgary to run the table here, go out winning all their remaining games and maybe see St Louis pull out something like an OT win against the Wild. Not saying it's impossible but incredibly inprobable.

remember that the Ducks can still pass Detroit for the 1st spot.

It's a pity we have the tiebreaker on that one, we'd have to drop two of our remaining 3 assuming Anaheim can beat Dallas, San Jose, and Columbus on 1 nights rest.

I once again implore babs to sit any player who has as much as a bruise.

Good to see the Wings bounce back and win this one 4-1.. Good to see Homer get a couple of goals, and Dats shorty goal, it didn't even look like the goalie moved... Too bad that Dom couldn't get the SO it was soo close

I found Brett Hulls commentary to be the best thing about that game. :P

Well, in any sense, the Wings played good. Holmstrom finally got off the schneids and had a good game all around. Same goes for Lebda, as I'm impressed with the way he played after he missed those games. He didn't miss a beat out there, and that's always good to see.

What you guys think of Quincey? I didnt see any mistakes really. Saw him throwing his weight around and battling infront of the net. He got some good minutes; 14:52. Seems like someone that can stepup next year to the NHL. He looked pretty big out there, too.

Edited by arin

What you guys think of Quincey? I didnt see any mistakes really. Saw him throwing his weight around and battling infront of the net. He got some good minutes; 14:52. Seems like someone that can stepup next year to the NHL. He looked pretty big out there, too.

I thought he looked really strong in the battles for the puck. Solid game.

I liked towards the end of the game with like one minute you could see the only people in the Arena were Red Wing fans spaced out of the empty seats.